P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

MANES - VILOSOPHE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
masters_throne

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: MANES - VILOSOPHE Reply with quote

Any opinions on that particular album? For me, this is the best I've ever heard of MANES. I really cannot get into their older (black metal) releases, but "Vilosophe" made it for me. And does anyone out there know where they have taken the sample at the end of the album from?

Btw, I have a test-press of the "Til Kongens Grav..." LP (within cover-jacket and plus poster) up for trade...

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
peterott

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: MANES - VILOSOPHE Reply with quote

masters_throne wrote:
...I really cannot get into their older (black metal) releases, but "Vilosophe" made it for me...

totally opposite direction for me
deadskin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for me it's the best Manes stuff ever recorded.
don't know german so have no idea what are they talking about at the and of the album.
MAYHEM „Life eternal” VINYL
THORNS "Societé Anonyme" & "Embrace / Fragment"
dronevil

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWESOME album imo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt like it too much. But theyre early stuff is great.
masters_throne

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deadskin wrote:
for me it's the best Manes stuff ever recorded.
don't know german so have no idea what are they talking about at the and of the album.

It reminds me on the (german) voice of prisoner 655321 (Alxander DeLarge) of "A Clockwork Orange", but that part definitely is not taken from that (great) movie...

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
Ykh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the demo material is some of the best Norwegian black metal ever. The re-recorded tracks on "Under ein blodraud maane" are great too.

Everything they released after that sounds like utter shit to me. Espescially "How the world came to an end" which is maybe the worst pile of garbage I have ever heard.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: MANES - VILOSOPHE Reply with quote

masters_throne wrote:
Any opinions on that particular album? For me, this is the best I've ever heard of MANES. I really cannot get into their older (black metal) releases, but "Vilosophe" made it for me.

Sittin' here being fit to die of shame because of shitty prejudices and have to confess that I'm REALLY surprised by this, Mr. masters_throne. Haha! Share your opinion, never got into that ol' stuff as well, but "Vilosophe" is a hell of an twisted album, Devil musick at its damn beast!
abscess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a copy of this sitting around forever cause no one ever wants it in trade or anything.
I remember not liking it at all when released.

This thread made me pop it in again...still sucks IMO.
Electronic gayness with really bad vocals and boring go nowhere songs.
I think my copy will finally hit the garbage can.
masters_throne

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schall und Rauch wrote:

Sittin' here being fit to die of shame because of shitty prejudices and have to confess that I'm REALLY surprised by this, Mr. masters_throne. Haha! Share your opinion, never got into that ol' stuff as well, but "Vilosophe" is a hell of an twisted album, Devil musick at its damn beast!

Well, no problem at all. It is not the first time I am "facing" those, haha. I always can tell people what I like to listen to. Reviews of mine i.e. only can judge "good" or "bad" music. As atmosphere, great unholy and dark feelings etc. are the most important things for me in music, there is no reason to do not like that album. I think that album is more dark and evil than any shitty Shining (or all other pro-suicide) albums. Just my two cents.
abscess wrote:
I've had a copy of this sitting around forever cause no one ever wants it in trade or anything.
I remember not liking it at all when released.
This thread made me pop it in again...still sucks IMO.
Electronic gayness with really bad vocals and boring go nowhere songs.
I think my copy will finally hit the garbage can.

Well, let's trade if it is the digi-pack version...
I think the vocals are great, btw.
As I've told, I just can categorize in "good" or "bad" only, and I couldn't care less if there is some electronic or jazz parts in it. If it is good, it is good - it's as simple as that...

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
Sadomizer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm into metal from more than 10 years and Manes is one of the few non-metal band that I'm able to listen with italian gods Monumentum: I think they are more obscure than most of the so nowadays called black metal act. From "commercial" scene I like to listen only Placebo and Muse without buying anythings anyway.

"Vilosophe" is a great album that catch my listen in some period....."ende" is an outstanding song for me

"[view]" is quite good because I like only the songs Cinder Alley, Knife & Kleenex and something inspired by Duran Duran: but these songs worth the rest are too techno oriented

"How the world came to an ende" is just arrived in my collection and need more listens beacause as always it is very very strange but some songs are stealing my mind

One thing I think; if I listen this "new" evolution of Manes 10 years ago I surely dislike it............ Rolling Eyes
masters_throne

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadomizer wrote:
I'm into metal from more than 10 years and Manes is one of the few non-metal band that I'm able to listen with italian gods Monumentum: I think they are more obscure than most of the so nowadays called black metal act. From "commercial" scene I like to listen only Placebo and Muse without buying anythings anyway.

You are my man. Just few days ago I discovered some great placebo songs/album and I am spinning these a lot (good whilst working), the voice is killer. Muse is absolutely killer, too. I have seen a vinyl for 129.00 Euro at Amazon. Fukk, I want it. And yes, I also feel no need to get/to buy a CD of these bands, but I would buy vinyls of these for sure, I will watch out for these...

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
Sadomizer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are my man.[quote]

Embarassed what do you do this evening?!?! Laughing Laughing Laughing

The best albums of placebo are in the first era....more dark than nowadays but I have to rescue them beacause I lost in any fukking place...

Btw, I'm in the opposite direction because I prefer this stuff in CD for my car, because I need something to listen with my girlfriend. Surely I ask before if she prefer Beherit or Placebo but the answer is always the same Rolling Eyes probably I have to change her Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: