P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Toxic Holocaust & Scion, wooo...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karimlan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellfire Commando wrote:
I just can't wait for the next trend, so I can indulge in a great selection of used metal CD's... mmmm

Don't worry, I've got a strong feeling that the 90% will get out of it in the next couple years. At that, I also have a feeling that we'll start seeing distressed look pearl jam and nirvana shirts cropping up and there will be massive prices paid for old grunge cassettes in ebay.
bornforburning

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scion and vice magazine? thats a little dissapointing. i thought scion only marketed their cars to rap dudes and wiggers and shit. man, theyre just hip as hell, huh?!! vice magazine is for cokehead american apparel jagoffs that like bands like 3 inches of blood because they think theyre ironic. which, i dunno, maybe they are? the fate of those bands is essentially up to the bands themselves, im sure we could all talk tons of shit about bands selling out while we hide behind our comps, but fuck it, who cares.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the thing about shit like this is it's not like scion actually called TH. anyone can put on something like this and then get in touch with the promotions dept for the company that agrees to sponsor it, and basically sell them on the fact that it will be a good way to promote their brand. scion is a aimed specifically at "youth culture" and tries to exploit things that are "underground" (term used loosely considering we're talking about bands on relapse), and so basically they just kick some cash down from their promotions budget to you the promoter. i'm sure they have no idea what toxic holocaust even is.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bornforburning wrote:
scion and vice magazine? thats a little dissapointing. i thought scion only marketed their cars to rap dudes and wiggers and shit. man, theyre just hip as hell, huh?!! vice magazine is for cokehead american apparel jagoffs that like bands like 3 inches of blood because they think theyre ironic. which, i dunno, maybe they are? the fate of those bands is essentially up to the bands themselves, im sure we could all talk tons of shit about bands selling out while we hide behind our comps, but fuck it, who cares.

btw vice magazine aint cool, but a couple weeks ago i saw a free show they did in texas that was motorhead, napalm death, high on fire, and enslaved. i know that's not the most "kvlt" selection, but they're obviously at least somewhat aware that those bands were cool at one time in some way. it was def. cool to see a free motorhead show. they opened with doctor rock which was a surprise.
Professor Black

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cc wrote:
they opened with doctor rock which was a surprise.

Not if you've seen them in the last 5 years. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: