P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Countess
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mitch339

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Countess Reply with quote

Anyone into this band? I downloaded a sample from the Barbarian Wrath website and they sound fucking incredible! Any releases I should get first from them? The sample I heard is from "Holocaust of the God Believers"
Ancient_Tyranny

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Countess Reply with quote

Mitch339 wrote:
Anyone into this band? I downloaded a sample from the Barbarian Wrath website and they sound fucking incredible! Any releases I should get first from them? The sample I heard is from "Holocaust of the God Believers"

I never really understand why so many people praising this band?
dawid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for beershower!
dawid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

or for the Ritual of the 7 Priests!
IronBloodBlasphemy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of my all time favorite bands. Orlok has just gone on the last 15 years just doing his own thing, free of trends, etc. Best place to start is probably "The Return of the Horned One". Killer back metal done the old way. As someone said previously "Ritual of the 7 Priests" is a killer song. The more recent releases are more blackened heavy metal--Manilla Road inspired, etc. "The Shining Swords of Hate" is a great mid-era release--real ugly! "Hell's Rock n'Roll" tends to be a lot of people's favorite too--black n'roll.
masters_throne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, one of the most important (unorthodox) Black Metal bands around.

Short before the Secrets of the Moon vinyl, I decided not using "Riding a Virgin" Records for my label, but "KBTMT"...

Any other people into that band? Maybe some that would like to see their releases on vinyl and would penetrate Opyros and Orlok to give their okay (for their old releases)... Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Razz

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
deadskin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and what about COUNTESS "Heili Vuur"? is it worth buying??
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like all of their releases, personally, Heilig Vuur and Blazing Flames Of War probably being the two best albums after the NEP days. Good luck on getting rights to press Countess vinyl, I don't think Orlok is very interested in reissuing things in general, and I don't think he's the biggest fan of vinyl either. It would be amazing if you did get the rights though, The Return Of The Horned One and Ad Maiorem Satanae Gloriam would be especially great on vinyl. I'm actually still in need of the latter CD...
passetiermes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a more general level, does anybody know why Opyros have not released any (?) vinyl versions? I have read numerous interviews where he praises vinyl over cd and I am sure that many have asked from him the permission to release vinyl versions. Enlighten me and shine some light on my stupidity!
Demonomancy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each COUNTESS release is worth buying.
I worship all his releases ! One of the most unique band around !

Last edited by Demonomancy on Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:10 am; edited 2 times in total
passetiermes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it happens, I asked from Opyros on FMP Forum what would convince him to release some Barathrum on vinyl and he just a moment ago replied
that :" 200 prepaid preorders would probably convince me. Alas, everyone is always whining and nobody has money when it counts so it'll never happen."
Hellfire Commando

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the fuck? A COUNTESS thread that I have not seen? Man, this is one of my favorite bands in the world. I worship COUNTESS!! Of course, you should get everything, but my personal favorites are The Return of the Horned One, The Shining Swords of Hate, The Book of the Heretic, Heilig Vuur, Spawn of Steel and Blazing Flames of War. Oh, and the Hell's Rock'n'Roll MLP... mmmm

Too bad for not having any vinyl. If I'd have a label, I'd licence a bunch and put them out. What a loss opportunity for him...
masters_throne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodens Grav wrote:
I like all of their releases, personally, Heilig Vuur and Blazing Flames Of War probably being the two best albums after the NEP days. Good luck on getting rights to press Countess vinyl, I don't think Orlok is very interested in reissuing things in general, and I don't think he's the biggest fan of vinyl either. It would be amazing if you did get the rights though, The Return Of The Horned One and Ad Maiorem Satanae Gloriam would be especially great on vinyl. I'm actually still in need of the latter CD...

I got the rights already back in 2002, but I failed to go on with the label at that time. Nowadays they are indeed not interested at all. Last time we have spoken together I agreed to their wish to release their current album shortly after the CD release (for a simultanoeus release of both it already was too late). But I have send the same email with that agreement several times to both, but without any answer from them...

We would do a really great release, for sure. I have plenty of ideas in mind. As Orlok told, he is not interested to have an old album to be released "as the first real vinyl release".

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
Hellfire Commando

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's way too bad. Blazing Flames of War would have been really killer released on vinyl! The artwork came out looking really bad on the CD I think... I'm sure it could have been fixed for a proper vinyl version.

By the way, I always wondered... who released that Countess/Megiddo split 7"? I bought it here in Montreal, but never knew who the label was...
masters_throne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellfire Commando wrote:
That's way too bad. Blazing Flames of War would have been really killer released on vinyl! The artwork came out looking really bad on the CD I think... I'm sure it could have been fixed for a proper vinyl version.

By the way, I always wondered... who released that Countess/Megiddo split 7"? I bought it here in Montreal, but never knew who the label was...

Decius from Australia did...

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: