P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

This forum needs an IRON MAIDEN post!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: This forum needs an IRON MAIDEN post! Reply with quote

Well, it goes like this: I was not going to see Maiden again in this tour. Having already seen them 3 times (and believe me, living in Mexico that is a lot of times) I was way too busy, way too tired to go see the band again. Also I was not that sure about 3 guitar playesr on stage. So it happens that the day they were playing in Guadalajara (a nearby city 3 hours away, and their first stop on Mexico) I just was out of the office fixing some details about selling my car, when a friend of mine, whom I know since high school greets me with "Let's go to the Maiden show! Everything is set up: a van with driver, lots of beers and the ticket!" I was like "Ticket? They are sold out!". But, no, it happens that one guy, General Manager of a GM provider had a detail in the plant and had to stay. So I had a ticket. Not free, as I had to pay for it, but to the prive it was bought around US $80. It took me like 3 or 4 seconds to decide....just call my wife and tell her I will be late, hehe. There were 14 metalheads on the van, very comfortable, and a lot of beer. It was a nice mixture of really old farts like me and some other young guys (the youngest at 16 years!) blasting good metal and drinking beer. Needless to say after 3 hours, I was almost drunk. We had people there waiting since early that day, and we arrived there just in time to get something to eat...and maybe just sweat out some beer. I actually didn't see that much people once we arrived.
The place, named arena Telmex (Telmex is the biggest phone operator in Mexico and it is owned by the world's richest man, Carlos Slim) was out of proportions. This is a place for maybe opera, Grammy-alike rewards ceremonies, but hardly for metal. Or so I thought.
Again, while waiting in line, it was cool to see all kind of generations of Maiden fans going around. Just in front of us it was a whole familiy (the father still with suit and tie) and it was the mother which was a big Maiden fan (two kids around 12-14, her sons also anxious to see the show). Yeah, you can actually see people trading suit & tie for a Maiden T-shirt everywhere. Nah, I was too lazy (or drunk?) to do it, so I just went like out of the office (which I dont use suit, just more casual wear).
Inside of the place, we were greeted with a big glass of beer...something I was not really asking as I was feeling now with a hungover (at that time we had started drinking like 7 hours ago!). Again, the place was fantastic, everything was really clean, people helping you out to your seats (well, we had a place at the pit, no seats, but we were like just 2 meters from the stage, really!). Also it was not allowed to smoke inside! I don't care about this as I do not smoke, but it was weird a metal show without smoke...
Later I find out that some places were even higher in cost than mine, due to the fact they were near the stage, but with seats. Weird really, it tells you that they charged for them as if it was opera, not a metal show. That night, the highest ticket to be paid in re-sale was the one where we were, going up to US $400. And at that time, it was all full, around 10,000 people there.
I think I do not need to tell much of the show (fantastic, and where I was it all sounded incredible, I mean I was maybe just 3 or 4 meters away from the band). The crowd respected a lot the opening act (Steve's daughter with insipid hard rock), as they went out alive.
Oh, boy it was going to be a big mistake for me to loss this one, but for some reason I was there.
We arrived back at around 3 a.m. and a shower and some sleep to go to work again (the show was on thursday).
Well worth the trip, and if you can see them, do it and do not think because you have seen them before, that it is not worthy. The mass hysteria is worth the damn show alone!
No wonder thay are a big influence in heavy metal, and they set up the path for the more extreme forms of metal...
Mitch339

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha cool story, a bunch of friends with beer inviting you to see maiden?! I don't think anybody on this board could refuse.

My favourite band, can't wait to see them at Wacken!
Ross Liew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone should bring Maiden to Singapore or Malaysia..
throneofmight

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw them here in Costa Rica...27.000 motherfuckers...the biggest attendance to a rock concert overhere ever!...amazing night...this was the setlist:

01. Intro - Churchill's Speech
02. Aces High
03. 2 Minutes to Midnight
04. Revelations
05. The Trooper
06. Wasted Years
07. The Number of the Beast
08. Run to the Hills
09. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
10. Powerslave
11. Heaven Can Wait
12. Can I Play With Madness?
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden
-----------------------------
15. Moonchild
16. The Clairvoyant
17. Hallowed Be Thy Name
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kuravilu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will see the show this sunday.... then I will wrote some words about it... Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seeing them in about two weeks. super psyched.

krawling kaos

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't even thought about seeing them since the Fear of the Dark tour, mostly because they always refuse to play the old material. But if that set list represents what they'll be playing on this tour, I'll have to see 'em again!

Just found out that the Early Days Vol.2 DVD collection is released, containing the World Slavery Tour footage, plus tons of other stuff! Think I'll walk over to the record store today!!
Opolus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krawling kaos wrote:
I haven't even thought about seeing them since the Fear of the Dark tour, mostly because they always refuse to play the old material. But if that set list represents what they'll be playing on this tour, I'll have to see 'em again!

Just found out that the Early Days Vol.2 DVD collection is released, containing the World Slavery Tour footage, plus tons of other stuff! Think I'll walk over to the record store today!!

You'd better get that DVD NOW!! It's a fucking KILLER!!
snaps666

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LAD dvd is a must! ... The full version of Behind The Iron Curtain is worth it alone!

I can't wait till they hit Europe! ... I'm going to see them in Gothenburg, Helsinki, Tampere, Horsens, Wacken, Prague and Poland ... (so far Laughing )

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My uncle called me and asked if i wanted a ticket, but i'm broke as hell and the asshole never offered to pay for me haha
SorceressBitch

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently saw Maiden @ The Forum in L.A. After waiting for hours in line, I was lucky enough to witness a great set from the front/center of the sold-out Forum. Their performance was unbelievable!! Minus a few fuck ups because of the sound and whatnot. And of course, we were graced with the presence of the gigantic Somewhere in Time Eddie. hehe. All the songs sounded killer live. One of their best was definitely Rime of the Ancient Mariner. I highly recommend for anyone who has the chance to see them on this tour to go! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: