P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Archgoat / Black Witchery split vinyl
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pazuzu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John. wrote:
Pazuzu wrote:
Ninkaszi187 wrote:
Anyone know if Black Witchery are going to put out any new material soon?

I hope a new album will vindicate the band after the virtually unlistenable Upheaval of Satanic Might. Ugh, that release is terrible.

You don't like that album? I think it's a fucking classic.

I'm sorry, but no. Aside from the great Moyen artwork and the Blasphemy cover of "Ritual" (which was obviously recorded from a separate session entirely since the production is supreme in comparision to the remainder of the album), I just can't get through it anymore due to the lousy production. I actually tried to listen to it again within the past week and only got as far as the third track before skipping to "Ritual" and then put something else on. I want to like it, I try to like it, but it just doesn't happen. Don't get me wrong, I like their music a lot; Desecration of the Holy Kingdom is a fucking MONSTER of a debut full-length, and they KILL live, but taking all of that into account and then hearing the second full-length that followed crushed me, and not in a good way. Had the production been the same or similar to Desecration of the Holy Kingdom, I doubt I would spit scorn upon it. Desecration of the Holy Kingdom captured the essence of Black Witchery as they should be heard from a studio setting. I seriously hope the next full-length is a return to the fucking POWER that was Desecration of the Holy Kingdom.
"Order From Chaos, this band knows how to metal and they know how to satan and they most definitely know how to arghgh. It dosen't suck dick and thats why faggots don't like them. I have entered the stillbirth machine, I suggest you cum too."
Ykh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had some more information about the split. It'll be a double 12"LP and will contain live material recorded in Bitterfeld/Germany.
Angel16

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by Angel16 on Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Stygian Shadows 'zine

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ykh wrote:
Just had some more information about the split. It'll be a double 12"LP and will contain live material recorded in Bitterfeld/Germany.

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John. wrote:
Pazuzu wrote:
Ninkaszi187 wrote:

I hope a new album will vindicate the band after the virtually unlistenable Upheaval of Satanic Might. Ugh, that release is terrible.

You don't like that album? I think it's a fucking classic.

That album is a joke, it probably took them 20 minutes to write and record it. A good sum of everything that is wrong with bestial/war metal.
ThornCross

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninkaszi187 wrote:

A new album through Osmose in 2008 ...it seems.
No news from ImpuratH from a while...
John.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pazuzu wrote:
I'm sorry, but no. Aside from the great Moyen artwork and the Blasphemy cover of "Ritual" (which was obviously recorded from a separate session entirely since the production is supreme in comparision to the remainder of the album), I just can't get through it anymore due to the lousy production. I actually tried to listen to it again within the past week and only got as far as the third track before skipping to "Ritual" and then put something else on. I want to like it, I try to like it, but it just doesn't happen. Don't get me wrong, I like their music a lot; Desecration of the Holy Kingdom is a fucking MONSTER of a debut full-length, and they KILL live, but taking all of that into account and then hearing the second full-length that followed crushed me, and not in a good way. Had the production been the same or similar to Desecration of the Holy Kingdom, I doubt I would spit scorn upon it. Desecration of the Holy Kingdom captured the essence of Black Witchery as they should be heard from a studio setting. I seriously hope the next full-length is a return to the fucking POWER that was Desecration of the Holy Kingdom.

LexTalionis wrote:
That album is a joke, it probably took them 20 minutes to write and record it. A good sum of everything that is wrong with bestial/war metal.

I'm not going to argue the merits of this album or try to convince you guys that you should like it, other than to say that I think it's a gross misunderstanding of what BW accomplished with Upheaval to call it a joke, or to say that it has lousy production. Personally, I hope they carry on in the direction or Upheaval, and take it even further.
Ykh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John. wrote:
I'm not going to argue the merits of this album or try to convince you guys that you should like it, other than to say that I think it's a gross misunderstanding of what BW accomplished with Upheaval to call it a joke, or to say that it has lousy production. Personally, I hope they carry on in the direction or Upheaval, and take it even further.

I totally agree.
schadel_reich

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I love Upheaval of Satanic Might. I believe it is a brilliant piece of black metal savagery and an album worthy of a lot of praise. I hope the next Black Witchery album is just as savage as Upheaval of Satanic Might was.
huja

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speaking of archgoat, hellsheadbangers got their whore of bethlehem LPs in stock.
Sepulchral_Vomit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a split live ep its useless...
Pazuzu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John. wrote:
Pazuzu wrote:

LexTalionis wrote:

Fair enough. I agree with Angel16 that Upheaval of Satanic Might is definitely a love it or hate it kind of album. I haven't heard anyone say otherwise.
"Order From Chaos, this band knows how to metal and they know how to satan and they most definitely know how to arghgh. It dosen't suck dick and thats why faggots don't like them. I have entered the stillbirth machine, I suggest you cum too."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: