P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
illuminati



Joined: 06 Mar 2010
Posts: 151

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
at the very least an important precurser to what death metal became.


^this, to some extent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wraith



Joined: 02 Aug 2009
Posts: 2524

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Illuminati, so you consider this here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28qsb4RHGYM

less Death Metal than this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUmdZJgANJc&feature=related

Question
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
quietus



Joined: 25 Apr 2007
Posts: 409
Location: BAY AREA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

illuminati wrote:
Slaughter (Can) aren't death metal, though.


What genre would you put them in?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sv.



Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 3862
Location: bachn de k¨ppe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mix between death and thrash. Like Possessed.
Can't put 1 genre on this band imo. Just like Pagan Altar, too much doom for a NWOBHM band and too much NWOBHM for a doom band.
_________________
cultofvomit wrote:
well, an australian trying to teach us what football is... awesome.


Black_Fire wrote:

rarely i see young girl that i dont want to fuck even when i'm drunk.... but she to ugly!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
quietus



Joined: 25 Apr 2007
Posts: 409
Location: BAY AREA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes no sense. The Fact that Pagan Altar was a NWOBHM band simply refers to their timing and geography while playing metal. Has nothing to do with Doom.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
illuminati



Joined: 06 Mar 2010
Posts: 151

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietus wrote:
Makes no sense. The Fact that Pagan Altar was a NWOBHM band simply refers to their timing and geography while playing metal. Has nothing to do with Doom.


I think he just means too Heavy Metal to be Doom and too Doom to be Heavy Metal.

I'd say Slaughter were more on the thrash side but definitely had some influence on death metal, just as Sv said. I wouldn't necessarily call them death metal and I don't think of them when the term "Old School Death Metal" is brought up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
karunguni



Joined: 10 Nov 2009
Posts: 87
Location: k-hell

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SADUS
_________________
http://karunguni143.blogspot.com
www.myspace.com/blastwork
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
quietus



Joined: 25 Apr 2007
Posts: 409
Location: BAY AREA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

illuminati wrote:
quietus wrote:
Makes no sense. The Fact that Pagan Altar was a NWOBHM band simply refers to their timing and geography while playing metal. Has nothing to do with Doom.


I think he just means too Heavy Metal to be Doom and too Doom to be Heavy Metal.

I'd say Slaughter were more on the thrash side but definitely had some influence on death metal, just as Sv said. I wouldn't necessarily call them death metal and I don't think of them when the term "Old School Death Metal" is brought up.


Too heavy metal to be doom. Slaughter is not death metal. great stuff.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
illuminati



Joined: 06 Mar 2010
Posts: 151

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietus wrote:
illuminati wrote:
quietus wrote:
Makes no sense. The Fact that Pagan Altar was a NWOBHM band simply refers to their timing and geography while playing metal. Has nothing to do with Doom.


I think he just means too Heavy Metal to be Doom and too Doom to be Heavy Metal.

I'd say Slaughter were more on the thrash side but definitely had some influence on death metal, just as Sv said. I wouldn't necessarily call them death metal and I don't think of them when the term "Old School Death Metal" is brought up.


Too heavy metal to be doom. Slaughter is not death metal. great stuff.



Slaughter is to death metal as Kreator's Endless Pain is to black metal. Ahead of its time, but it's just thrash.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group