P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Interview with Yosuke (NWN) from my zine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black_Fire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Interview with Yosuke (NWN) from my zine Reply with quote

Interview for my Demented Omen of Masochism 'zine #1 (out may 2007) with Yosuke. We have talk about oldschool metal, vinyl cult and polish Kat (a one year before rerealse on NWN) - enjoy!

1. Hail Yosuke! Thanks for accepting the interview, we'll talk a bit about LP and Nuclear War Now! Productions, are you in for the kill?
Thanks for the interview. NWN started as a way for me to release demo tapes of my old blacknoise project called Erebus. It later turned into something much bigger and better. My first real release was the Blasphemy live ritual LP and my latest release is the Reencarnacion "888 Metal" Double LP. Vinyl is the best format for METAL for several reasons. First of all you get a big canvas for the artwork. You know it's not the same when you sit down and listen to the first Bathory LP while looking at the infernal Goat artwork. Looking at a small CD artwork doesn't give you the same sort of dark feeling. Second thing is the sound... Of course most LPs are mastered from a CD source so it doesn't much of a difference these days, but listen to a release from the 80's and compare it to the CD version and you'll see why Only Analog is Real.

2. On NWN! website there is your picture with first Beherit LP and case for 800-1000 LPs in the background. Why did you chose that specific album? You could have chosen anything else from hundreds of other cult items /I love Beherit ofcourse, I'm just curious/
That's one of the darkest and most morbid LPs in my collection. The oath of the black vinyl cult is eternal.

3. What good have you last bought? How much LP's do you have and how long are you collecting? Of which item are you proud of most? Do you search for underground releases and bootlegs or do you prefer official stuff? Or, as a Maniac, you just collect everything that you don't have yet?

I want to first mention that I love vinyl and I listen to them. I am not some stamp collector type that doesn't play his records. I buy them because I want to listen to them. Of course there are some old and rare records that I hardly play anymore. Some of my favorite records are White Hell "Nuclear Hell" 7", Sabbat s/t 7", Real Animal 7", Reencarnacion 7", Blasfemia 7", Sarcofago INRI LP, etc. I prefer official releases, but I do own some bootlegs. Most bootlegs are done without any passion for the music or layout though.

4. As far as I know you prefer raw, old satanic metal. Do you listen something else, or are you an orthodox?
I like old sounding evil metal. It doesn't have to be an old band for me to appreciate their music. I listen to everything from traditional metal, NWOBHM, thrash, death, black, doom, grind, etc. I can appreciate almost anything on some level. My favorite style is probably death metal from the mid to late 80's.

5. Ok, let's talk 'bout NWN! Prod. How did you started that label. Was it an impulse, ore have you planned it for a long time?
I've answered some of this in the first question. The label steadily got more serious with each release. Now I am a registered company with all the problems associated with running a "business." Anyways my first real vinyl release was the Blasphemy live ritual LP. That came about through my trip to Vancouver to see the mightly Blasphemy. I recorded the gig on my Mini Disk player and asked them if I could release it on vinyl. They gave me the ok so the rest is history.

6. You have already released some stuff, and most of it have already become rarities, especially the Die Hard versions. For example die hard VON LP was sold on ebay for more than 100$. Which of NWN! releases do you find to be your best looking release, and which of them was best musically?
I think the Sarcofago die hard version is among my favorite release so far; musically and layout wise. I will repress the VON DLP this year on double picture disk I think. It all depends on what other releases I get done.

7. In this moment you have about 300 LPs in stock, over 200 EP's even more demo tapes and only 11 CD's. It's no doubt that this is label for maniacs by maniacs, am I right?
Yes I support the real underground and promote what I think are the best formats. There is currently a flood of CD releases in the underground. It's hard for an average metal maniac to figure out what releases are actually good. This problem can be fixed if labels had to press vinyl instead of CDs. Vinyl costs a lot more to manufacture so it might force labels to reconsider their investments/releases. Of course this is all a dream and I know CDs will never go away. I just want to do my part in supporting the analog formats because there aren't enough labels doing that in the US.

8. Serial numbers of Nwn! (ANTI-GOTH) refer to some cult label from Norway that made only 9 releases. What do you think about those LP's? What can you tell about DSP, it's owner and his band?
Yes I got the idea from DSP because it was one of the best labels around in the early 90's. I also happen to hate goth music. Almost all releases on DSP were good in my opinion. I think Euronymous would have released even more killer stuff if he had continued with the label. Not many people know this, but Reencarnacion from Colombia was supposed to work with DSP.

9. You decided to release, beside new stuff, re-editions of old demos (for example Procreation) and old concerts (for example, most recently a killer live of a killer band - WITCHFINDER GENERAL) How the people reacted at those releases? Are there people who remember those forgotten bands or they buy everything with NWN! logo, knowing thay you ain't gonna release any shit?
Yes I still do a lot of reissues of old demos and rare recordings. The best metal recordings are from the 80's so it makes sense to dig up old stuff to release from that time period. The Witchfinder General live album was actually a project that was given to me by my friend Russ. He was already in touch with the band and had the release lined up. He just asked if I wanted to work with him on a live album. Of course I jumpped at the chance to doing a WFG release. The vinyl version of this will come later in 2006. I think a lot of people trust my taste in old metal and buy most of my releases based on the label name.

10. Tell me about the Snakepit zine. I haven't got it in my hands so far and I don't knwo who's responsible for it. On NWN! website I read that you print and collport it. Looking at the names of the bands it's obvious that it kills.
Snakepit magazine is one of the best magazine for traditional and thrash metal. Laurent, the editor, is like a walking metal dictionary. Anyone who's seen this magazine can tell you how informative it is. I basically print and distribute the magazine in the US.

11. Do you send a lot stuff to Europe from your distro? I know one of your clients from Poland. Are there people who trade with you for your LP/EP's with the stuff from Poland?
Yeah I trade with a lot of European labels like Iron Pegasus, From Beyond, Painiac, Northern Heritage, Merciless, etc. I don't think I could survive as a label without their support.

12. I know that you are a maniac of a polish cult band KAT. Your collection of their releases are much bigger than the collections of most maniacs from Poland. A few words about that band? Have you heard they most recent releases?
I love KAT's early recordings especially their first 7" when they were more traditional heavy metal. It reeks of the 80's metal spirit!! I own practically all of their releases now including the ultra rare 666 LP. I have heard their new stuff but it didn't interest me too much. It sounds too modern and the layout was crap. I'll stick to the first three LPs and EPs in my collection. All hail the true KAT!!

13. If everything is not going to turn to shit we will have an interview with Gezol in this issue, which I think is the fact that you might enjoy 'cause you're from Japan. What are your favourite bands from your fatherland? A few words about Gezolucifer?
Gezol is a metal brother and a true follower of metal. He lives for metal and you can really hear it through his music. My favorite band from Japan is of course Sabbat followed by old Jurassic Jade, Casbah, Riverge, Abigail, Necrophile, Transgressor, White Hell, etc. I'm not so into the current bands from Japan. I think the best scene there was from the 80's when thash was the law of the land. These days the Japanese scene is full of gore grind and shitty 4th rate black metal bands. I would rather listen to my old Jurassic Jade flexi than some corpse painted bedroom black metal with a drum machine.

14. have you ever seen Dee Snider from Twisted Sister live? He's our idol.
No I haven't seen that Republican around here. I only like old Twisted Sister.

15. It's obvious that the questions in interviews are mostly shit and when you want to say something interesting you have to piss on them and tell about what you really want to, so - please ask yourself your own question and aswer it.
Haha. Ok I'm not sure what to write so I'll just rant. One of the things that really bothers me about the current state of the "scene" is that most people are so wrapped up in creating something. There needs to be a quality control mechanism in place to reduce the number of releases that gets pumped into the underground. Just go to any major CD distro and see how many black metal releases there are. Do we really need that many releases with black/white corpse painted photos on the cover? Most of them sound the same and many of them totally suck. Then again I don't really care what people do with their money. End of rant.

16. We're comin' to an end so tell me about most recent plans on NWN! Prods. releases.
Next up on NWN are Reencarnacion DLP, Root dema 4 x LP boxset, Inquisition "anxious death/forever under" DLP, Death Yell "discography LP, Ares Kingdom "return to dust" LP, Warhate/Domini Inferi split LP, Morbosidad 7", Impurity "the lamb's fury" Pic LP, etc. As you can see I have my plate completely full at the moment. I hope to get a lot of these out by this summer.

17. OK, that's all now. Thanks for an interview and cheers from the maniacs from Poland!
Thanks for your support. Support the old Polish metal scene and forget modern shit metal.

DOOM zine #1:
SABBAT (I-LOVE-PENIS), MODER (ger), NWN Prods (usa), BESTIAL RAIDS (pol), ZBT (fra), IN SOLITUDE (swe)*, DEGIAL (swe)*, KAM LEE (MASSACRE, MANTAS/DEATH), MERCILESS DEATH (usa), THRONEUM (pol), SETHLANS (ita), INFERNAL RITES (ger/nor), MORGUE (USA)*, HELLFIST (pol), ZEMIAL (grc)
15 interviews, 75 reviews + some gigs reportos, 42 A4 pages of cut & paste satanic metal cult, only in polish

If some maniacs are interesed about english version - let me know, I'll do it!
Some pics of polish version:
http://img2.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=9_1827.jpg
http://img2.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=9_2990.jpg
http://img2.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=9_3240.jpg
http://img2.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=9_4275.jpg

www.doomzine.bandcamp.com
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes an English version would be excellent plus your market wouldn't be quite so limited to just Polish speakers.
avrlabel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you zine copy for trade still?
Black_Fire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean about polish version? I saw some stuff from Poland in your collection?
avrlabel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont care to much is it english or polish.Let me know if you haven anyone to trade and pm please.I would like to have this one.
By the way.I like polish old school black/death/thrash bands....rules!
schadel_reich

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nekrokunt_Usurper wrote:
Yes an English version would be excellent plus your market wouldn't be quite so limited to just Polish speakers.

I hear to that.

Also, when you say out May 2007, do you mean that it is actually coming out 2008 or that it is already out? Also, when can we expect #2?
Black_Fire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, DOOM#1 is avible since may 2007, but no copies copies of DOOM#1 left, but I still have mother-copy and can xero this shit. I heave spread only 80 copies, and more for fucking free - fucking homos even can't say "thaks" for this! Anyway, as I said, if you are interesed about this zine, let me know here, or on PM.

DOOM#2 is underworking, hope finsh this in next 2... or 5 moths. Intereviews will be in english, revews in polish, what do you think about this? Off course only oldschool EVIL metal and cut & paste!
schadel_reich

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black_Fire wrote:
Yes, DOOM#1 is avible since may 2007, but no copies copies of DOOM#1 left, but I still have mother-copy and can xero this shit. I heave spread only 80 copies, and more for fucking free - fucking homos even can't say "thaks" for this! Anyway, as I said, if you are interesed about this zine, let me know here, or on PM.

DOOM#2 is underworking, hope finsh this in next 2... or 5 moths. Intereviews will be in english, revews in polish, what do you think about this? Off course only oldschool EVIL metal and cut & paste!

Sounds ace. How much do they usually cost?
Black_Fire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think about 4-5 euro with postage.... I dont have paypal, but I can ask my friend about this shit..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: