P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Vinyl madness!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmdk666

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
That is a lifetimes worth of collecting, but only a humans lifetime. What was pretty wild to hear is that estimate that 80% of that collection is basically lost to that vinyl and will probably be lost at some point entirely, but then what isn't going to be lost completely at one point ? You can probably almost guarantee a lot of the metal will fade away at some point as well. Especially all these self released albums from some various bands basements etc etc

However sad it seems that this lifetimes work will fade away, or be lost like so much other stuff throughout history one has to realize how little it really matters. Our puny little civilization is a mere grain of sand upon the beach of time. How many civilizations have come and past already here on this earth ? All their little artifacts mostly gone with them to the devastation of nature and time. ...if you believe that line of thinking anyways...

All this stuff is meant to be enjoyed while we live, the future will invent their own interests and hobbies just as we have for ourselves today.
Unless someone is willing to build a Sphinx to house a horde of vinyl so someone can find it all 10,000 years from now and then argue over it's actual age and historic meaning for decades to come... it's all pointless and meaningless anyways. Probably best most of the past dies, I'm sure a lot of it is so laced with poisonous thoughts (you know, certain types of limited thinking and praises for some mythical nonsense god) that this stuff should be forgotten, in order for mankind to move on and progress into the stars etc etc and all that jazz. Cool

I'm sure the dude is pretty attached to that collection and his wife probably wants the millions for a nice retirement in comfort after years of mundain and frugal living... which is quite understandable, but if that dude really wanted to go out as the vinyl god he should have hoarded it all and went up in flames with it. Anyone sick enough to collect and maintain all that material crap could certainly have that trait to horde it all into death as well. That statement would be meaningless to others though just the same as that video pleading for someone to care about millions of albums.

How many of you give a damn about every metal release ? Including all these 1 man bedroom black metal bands, all the gothenburg melo death bands, all the black, death, doom offerings, all the bestial bm bands sounding alike, all the ...and on and on it goes...

Nice post.

I see what you are saying, but all that really matters is that it made him happy.
Roy Necroharmonic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats up

if you guys are interested about collecting Vinyl to a mania you should check out this guys movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW9NWHvv8fc

its called " Vinyl "

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120454/

Its a good look at a mania of a hobby. I watched it and was interested , but these guys really turned into almost serial killers because they get so weird and nerdy... its kinda scary ahah...worth a good look....its available on torrent site like Cinemageddon..( if you have an account there..)
probert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha i came here to post about Vinyl (the doc).

if anyone is even remotely interested in vinyl mania it is a MUST SEE. if you cant find it online i will make a copy for you for a couple of bucks shipping. PM my black ass.
adrian5118

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1349 wrote:
Hurts to see that.

Fuck, that was uber depressing. That archive (of sorts) was amazing, and he was completely passionate about his life's work.

That shit breaks my heart...
p.a.e.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing !
0%cured

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRR67RawozQ&feature=related

Shocked
probert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

0%cured wrote:

Shocked

haha that is from "Vinyl"
Kojiri

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

0%cured wrote:

Shocked

Lol, poor guy is absolutely mental. Hopefully that interview was done before the dawn of the internet because he's obviously oblivious of just how many records/different versions exist. A million records isn't even close to all the records in the world, even 20 years ago. Plus, I'm betting this guy is completely unaware of underground extreme metal vinyl.

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm
Hellfire Commando

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great video... man, 2.5 million records, that's fucking insane
Bestial_Lust

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how many Fire and Steel's, Sacrilegio's, 888 Metal's , INRI's and Yellow Goats this man owns .... Guess most of the stuff he owns is just some bullshit he brought just to increase the amount of vinyls he got.
Kakarot SS5

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellfire Commando wrote:
Great video... man, 2.5 million records, that's fucking insane

I'm wandering if he ever he had the chance to listen at least one time each of his records, amazing collection

Trade/Sale:
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40729
Humus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bestial_Lust wrote:
I wonder how many Fire and Steel's, Sacrilegio's, 888 Metal's , INRI's and Yellow Goats this man owns .... Guess most of the stuff he owns is just some bullshit he brought just to increase the amount of vinyls he got.

I'm guessing 0.
Go to any yard sale and I will return with 1000 records for under 200 euro. I'm sure 99,9% of that collection is just common worthless crap.
Bestial_Lust

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:
I'm sure 99,9% of that collection is just common worthless crap.

Yes, as I said..
TheLastWound

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if he calls it a "archive" he may be having som metal / 70s rock there.
krakentorso

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mz412 wrote:
library is an other way, there you can read the books and get them
for homeworking, don't think its the same like a museum, where do you
only can look at the stuff

the main job of a museum is to save cultural things in depots and to keep them in accurate condition. 90% of the things museums keep stored do never see the light of day and are never ever to be seen by the visitors except for special exhibitions.

so it would be indeed a fine thing to buy for a museum, but the budget for most of all museums is way too short to buy this collection.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: