P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

HELLHAMMER Controversy Over 'Demon Entrails' Artwork!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
throneofmight

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: HELLHAMMER Controversy Over 'Demon Entrails' Artwork! Reply with quote

With the release of "Demon Entrails" on February 26 in the U.S. the days of numerous sub-standard bootlegs of the classic HELLHAMMER demos "Death Fiend", "Triumph of Death" and "Satanic Rites" are finally over! However, the new versions did not come without its fair share of controversy as Tom Gabriel Fischer states: "25 years after the recording sessions for HELLHAMMER's legendary demos, HELLHAMMER is still as controversial as ever. The print shop supplying our German vinyl manufacturer refused to print the gatefold sleeve, as well as the inner sleeves of the triple vinyl of the 'Demon Entrails' release, due to the satanic content. The print shop in question is the only one in Germany able to print the special kind of gatefold sleeve required by the format used for 'Demon Entrails'. As a result of this unexpected circumstance, the gatefold sleeve and inner sleeves are now printed in the UK."

"Demon Entrails" has been specially re-mastered from copies of the original master tapes under the supervision of Fischer, and the demos now represent HELLHAMMER exactly as the band sounded when recording these songs in June and December of 1983. Drawing from a wealth of previously unknown historical liner-notes material and artwork as well as plenty of unreleased HELLHAMMER photos from 1982 to 1984, "Demon Entrails" features all lyrics and essays detailing the individual demo recording sessions.

"Demon Entrails" will also be available as an opulent oversized double CD media-book packaging and as a gatefold triple vinyl album. Both versions will feature a lavish booklet and a poster. These versions will not be available in stores and the only place to order them would be directly through www.cmdistro.com.

The bare-bones, lower-price CD version will be the only version made available to retail stores.

Fischer recently discussed the difficulties he and bassist Martin Ain have had in coming to terms with the legacy of HELLHAMMER. Speaking to the UK's Zero Tolerance magazine about "Demon Entrails", the Swiss guitarist/ vocalist said: "It took many years, and for us to grow into older men, for us to actually be able to analyze HELLHAMMER properly and look at this band in the context that it deserves... The fact of the matter is that it took me years to feel at ease with some of the things that we wrote back then. The situation at the time was horrible. [My] youth defies description — there are things that happened then that I haven't told anybody, not even my ex-wife of 16 years. But I'm now 43 years old and it's taken that long for me to feel comfortable publicly talking about that. It was horrible at the time and my situation, and Martin's rather similar situation, led us to do some radical music and radical lyrics. And later when we became adults it was rather difficult for us to live with that legacy because we had yelled that desperation out of our bodies and become professional musicians. Then the press started to cover our work and then we were faced with the fact that everybody talked about this image and these lyrics. That wasn't very easy for us to accept and it took a long time for me to look at it, as I do now, as a period in my life that was very important to me and to be at ease with that. Now I have put all these lyrics in the reissue and commented on them and even though some of them are nothing to be proud about, I'm proud of HELLHAMMER as a whole. This was my reality, this was my life."

Here is the tracklisting information for the CD formats of the release:

HELLHAMMER - "Demon Entrails" 2-CD track listing:

CD 1: "Satanic Rites" Demo, December 2/3/4/7, 1983 (45:57)

01. Intro (0:5Cool
02. Messiah (4:1Cool
03. The Third Of The Storms (Evoked Damnation) (3:02)
04. Buried And Forgotten (6:01)
05. Maniac [re-recorded version] (3:46)
06. Eurynomos (3:10)
07. Triumph Of Death [re-recorded version] (6:5Cool
08. Revelations Of Doom (3:03)
09. Reaper [re-recorded version] (2:2Cool
10. Satanic Rites (7:1Cool
11. Crucifixion [re-recorded version] (2:45)
12. Outro (2:01)

CD 2: "Death Fiend & Triumph Of Death" Demos, June 10/11, 1983 (56:1Cool

01. Crucifixion (3:04)
02. Maniac (4:01)
03. (Execution) When Hell's Near (2:3Cool
04. Decapitator (2:07)
05. Blood Insanity (4:22)
06. Power Of Satan (4:11)
07. Reaper (2:06)
08. Death Fiend (2:35)
09. Triumph Of Death (5:15)
10. Metallic Storm (2:19)
11. Ready For Slaughter (3:36)
12. Dark Warriors (3:03)
13. Hammerhead (2:4Cool
14. Angel Of Destruction (2:5Cool
15. Bloody Pussies (4:59)
16. Chainsaw (3:5Cool
17. Sweet Torment (2:09)

To check out the artwork and some rare HELLHAMMER photos as well as discover more info on this release, visit www.hellhammer.org.

***taken from http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/***
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice of them to advertise you can preorder it but then it can't be found on any of the CM sites.....

Anyone want to take a bet how quickly this one turns into an Ebay feeding frenzy?
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is this re-recording thing? I didn't read the other thread too carefully so summarize for me.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

throneofmight

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmm i was aking myself the exact same question...i don't think these are brandnew rerecorded versions of the songs...at least I hope not Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
What is this re-recording thing? I didn't read the other thread too carefully so summarize for me.

It meant those are re-recorded for the "Satanic Rites" demo
huja

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was looking on the CM site they have one hellhammer 2cd for $10 but it's sold out already? i guess it's the "bare bones" edition.
cannibal_riot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demon Entrails is already on eBay as a pre-order:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140199354173&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=004
Hellhammer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cannibal_riot wrote:
Demon Entrails is already on eBay as a pre-order:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140199354173&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=004

Price seems fair, start buying or complain later.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Demon Entrails' version of the song BLOOD INSANITY is available on theofficial Hellhammer's MySpace!
Hellhammer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or at mine together with 3 other joyous melodies.

http://www.putfile.com/hellhammer666
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love that cover art

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Ancient_Tyranny

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

German based EMP (link on the century media site = shop) has it also for preorders already, something about 27,00 Euros + postage
Thorgrim

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ancient_Tyranny wrote:
German based EMP (link on the century media site = shop) has it also for preorders already, something about 27,00 Euros + postage

Hopefully Large (Dutch version of EMP) will also have it for preorder then.....
Blood Of Von

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just pre-ordered the 3LP version through EMP!

Hellfire Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason, I can only see the "US-version" of the CD on the CM store. Is that because the LP's and digipack are europe only? I am not even sure if that German pre-order ebay thing will deliver in Canada...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: