P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

MARDUK/NACHTMYSTIUM/MERRIMACK - last night in NYC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooklyn Bastard 666

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject: MARDUK/NACHTMYSTIUM/MERRIMACK - last night in NYC Reply with quote

@ Blender/Gramercy
There was probably about 450 people at this show easily.

Short comments for the easily distracted.....

DIMENTIANON - a Long Island Death/Black Metal mix. Seen these guys many times, and this was probably the best I've seen them.

BLACK ANVIL - great band, great set. Don't sleep on this band. Looking forward to the next cd in 2010 for sure.

MERRIMACK - I was bored. The crowd really liked them though.
I have their last 2 cds and I have to say I never really listen to them.

MANTIC RITUAL - The New Thrash Metal thing is DONE. It's RETARDED. Sorry. I didn't like these goofballs at all. They stuck out like a sore thumb on this bill.

NACHTMYSTIUM - all of the shit talkers on this board can SUCK IT.
They stole the show from Marduk last night. Great response, great sound and the best of the 4 times I have seen them over the years. Closed with a GG ALLIN cover.

MARDUK - This was the last show of the month long US tour, so they were not as energetic as they were in August, but they still killed it. One of the best live BM bands ever I'd say.
ZummahT

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice review..
I didn't go, wasn't interested in going anyways.. I would like to see Nachmystium again thoug, haven't seen them live in a while now.

AGRATH
vugelnox

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to this as a last minute whim and was mostly indifferent to the whole show, kinda wish I had saved the money. I'll agree with most of these comments. Black Anvil were good, always are, and one of NYC's better local acts. Merrimack were unexciting, almost nodded off once or twice throughout their set (those damn theater seats in the back make that too easy during a shitty band...). Mantic Ritual were fucking terrible, that Bay Area revivial shit needs to crawl off somewhere and die.

Nachtmystium and Marduk were both good, neither really blew my socks off, but they were impressive. More interested in the Black Witchery and Sanguis Imperem shows this weekend, went to that more out of wanting something to do.
jerry666

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah nm and marduk were ok saw the detroit show but not as exciting as when horna played here oh well
eric696

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also saw the Detroit show and I thought it kicked ass. All the bands were great. Smaller crowd that I expected though much bigger than the Horna show. And 10x more than was at the Urgehal show. So it's a step in the right direction.
jerry666

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eric696 wrote:
Also saw the Detroit show and I thought it kicked ass. All the bands were great. Smaller crowd that I expected though much bigger than the Horna show. And 10x more than was at the Urgehal show. So it's a step in the right direction.
yeah i was at the urgehal show too only about 30 people at that one by the way wedsday dec 23-show at painted lady hamtramck -anguish/shitfucker/perversion metal-punks destroyyy
nonwave

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wound up not going to this for a number of reasons . . .

is it me, or do bills like this smack of the lineup being a result of the opening bands paying to be on the tour/bill, or what? it was such a weak bill that i couldn't see how it could have worked any other way.
ZummahT

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nonwave wrote:

is it me, or do bills like this smack of the lineup being a result of the opening bands paying to be on the tour/bill, or what? it was such a weak bill that i couldn't see how it could have worked any other way.

same reason I didn't go.. weak line-up, not into those opening bands, I would've gone if it was only Marduk and Nachtmystium playing that's it, although I know something like that is never gonna happen.

AGRATH
holyhell666

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killer show in Cleveland the night before NYC. I think Mortuus has been a breath of fresh air in Marduk and and has reinvigorated the band.

It's also good to see Necromancer in Nachtmystium. He adds much needed energy to their live show.
Brooklyn Bastard 666

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nonwave wrote:

NOPE.
Not one band on the show in NYC was "pay to play".
But the bands (aside from Dimentianon) do share the same booking agent.
Can't please everyone...
HHJ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimentianon was the best i ever saw them
Merrimack had prescence but the songs didnt do much for me
i pretty much skipped out on everything else till Marduk,not being a big fan of the other acts.I liked Marduk better than last time because thy played more new material..i just wish there was more of it,it still seems like 60/40 with the old pre arioch material dominating,and they almost never touch the rom 5:12 album Sad
TSVomit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyhell666 wrote:
Killer show in Cleveland the night before NYC. I think Mortuus has been a breath of fresh air in Marduk and and has reinvigorated the band.

It's also good to see Necromancer in Nachtmystium. He adds much needed energy to their live show.

Indeed. Nachtmystium always puts on a good show, no matter how many times I've seen them. The GG Allin cover just topped it off.

I guess it's nice being able to say that "Yeah, I saw Marduk live" now, but they really didn't stand out to me that much. Although, I was pretty drunk by that time, too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: