P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Parcels sent to the UK
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok good that you got at least one of them Simon. Which one is currently missing? I guess we can talk about this offline over email. I haven't had the chance to dig through the returned parcels here to look for your name on any fo them.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dissident wrote:
As has been pointed out part of the biggest problems with parcels to the UK is the weight. If the parcel is over 2KG it is deemed as a Parcel Force delivery rather than a Royal mail delivery. This becomes a problem if you are expecting it to arrive at a P.O. Box as Parcel Force will not deliver to P.O. Boxes only street addresses. P.F. are meant to leave a note telling you to pick the parcel up but invariably it will not make it to the P.O. Box (that would require some effort and there is a rivalry between Royal Mail and Parcel Force as they were the same operation once before being split into 2) so you are not notified they tried to deliver it. To compound this even if you have a international tracking number and the sender can confirm that it has arrived in the UK distirbution centre unless you have the Parcel Force tracking number (which is totally different) you can't track the parcel or try to pick it up, and it will be sent back. Unfortunately the only way around this is to get anything over 2kg's to the UK sent to a residential-work address or chances are the recipient won't recieve it.

After loosing about 600-800 a year in returned mail and going prematurely grey talking to the idiots on the switch board at Parcel Force I finally worked this out.

Strange thing is that its exactly the same situation in germany. One parcel service next to Mail service (once one, now split in two) , no delivery to PO BOXes. Only difference may be you can pick the package up at the next post office when they dont get you at home at delivery, and they do actually leave notes in your mailbox.
Since Im on the countryside Im lucky and most of the time big parcels are delivered through the same guy as the mail, he once explained me that in this case (small villages, long drives etc.) they work as a subcompany for DHL since its not worth for them to send an own worker.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like Simon got his other parcel recently.

I just got another email from the UK about his "missing" parcel.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

cannibal_riot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my outstanding package from NWN! yesterday, only took about 6 weeks!!! The great British Postal Service shows its true strength!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: