P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

question about zine prices
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IntoTheAbyss

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

avrlabel wrote:
In my zine I really rarely put the web-site as a contact for band.Myspace contacts I will never put in it.Just snail and e-mail address.

That's a wise move.
IntoTheAbyss

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:
Yeah things are more accessible, yet I bet a band like Deathspell Omega sells less records than Blasphemy did during the 90's. Even with all the mainstream press they have gotten and wide distribution.

I heard "Fallen Angel of Doom" sold thousands in only it's first week of release.

These new people don't buy records, they download them. There is no underground anymore and there isn't such a thing as being big today. There is a difference between being "big" and being commercial garbage. But today,anyone can throw up a MySpace page and become "big" over night. It's all meaningless.

Underground arguments mean nothing today. I've come to learn the people who champion it the most are more interested in belonging to an exclusive social club than the Metal it's self and values it upholds.

That's the difference between the old and the new scene!
avrlabel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IntoTheAbyss wrote:
avrlabel wrote:
In my zine I really rarely put the web-site as a contact for band.Myspace contacts I will never put in it.Just snail and e-mail address.

That's a wise move.

Thanks! You know the core! Wink
Kapalika

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:

Underground arguments mean nothing today. I've come to learn the people who champion it the most are more interested in belonging to an exclusive social club than the Metal it's self and values it upholds.

Nicely put, also explains the at times absurd amounts of money paid for "hip" releases on that certain online auction house.

You may disagree but nowadays you can see that poser behaviour also in the extreme metal fringes (maybe ESPECIALLY) . I think it also extends to bands - conform to rules x - y and you belong to the club... like get a logo from that and that guy, cover from that other one and you are part of the the trendy anti-trend elite.

Letīs talk about that stuff in ten years is my main thought when I see that.

P.S.:

Letīs take the opportunity and point out some nice zines - I wouldnīt mind them being advertized here, heh.

Too many great ones folded like Tales of the Macabre, Desecration of Virgin (or am I wrong) and ltely Unholy Terror.

Some which I enjoyed quite a bit (and which were more or less recently discoverd - meaning in the last year) are Devoured Death (killer!), Cerberus and Devilment.

Oaken Throne looks great and has some nice bits but is on the overall it cannot live up to its design, too bad
HELLTHRASHER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

avrlabel wrote:
Buy every xeroxed shit that you find. Smile Only printed zines are real.

Damn right!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: