P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

ZINES / UNDERGROUND AND MAINSTREAM
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GoldenBull



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7070

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avoid Chronicles of Chaos at all costs. You are unlikely to get a decent or fair review there unless you are submitting Lamb of God or the new Samael.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wilhelm



Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 1504

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
Avoid Chronicles of Chaos at all costs. You are unlikely to get a decent or fair review there unless you are submitting Lamb of God or the new Samael.


Depends who the reviewer is.
_________________
lurking fear wrote:
CrucifixionWounds wrote:
Bolt Thrower didn't hold up well at all for me... no desire at all to ever listen to this band again.


Go brush your doll's hair.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
masters_throne



Joined: 20 Feb 2007
Posts: 3435
Location: GERMANY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilhelm wrote:
GoldenBull wrote:
Avoid Chronicles of Chaos at all costs. You are unlikely to get a decent or fair review there unless you are submitting Lamb of God or the new Samael.


Depends who the reviewer is.


it always does. both names are already on my (old) list. but thanks. keep 'em coming.
_________________

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Black_Fire



Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 3697
Location: Poland

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you wish I can post some snail adresses to polish still active zines, that allways wellcome stuff for reviews
_________________
DOOM008: Rot - Kingdom of Antichrist Sodomy
DOOM010: Necrostuprum / Satanic Torment - Goetes
DOOM fuckbook
www.doomzine.bandcamp.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Skoll



Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 782
Location: Wellington, NZ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Womens Day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
masters_throne



Joined: 20 Feb 2007
Posts: 3435
Location: GERMANY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black_Fire wrote:
If you wish I can post some snail adresses to polish still active zines, that allways wellcome stuff for reviews


hi, yes, that would be cool. until now I have these:

MEGA SIN
NECROSCOPE
MARCIN OLCZAK (forgot the zines names)
C/O JAKUB KARELUS (forgot the zines names)

did you get my email?
_________________

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Black_Fire



Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 3697
Location: Poland

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've got your email, I'll answer tomorrow.

I'm not sure is Mega Sin still active but here are some reiable contacts in the polish underground


Complete Necro zine (I think #4 should out in early 2010)
Michał Doliński
ul. Krasińskiego 18B
83-110 Tczew
Poland

Hellgate zine (soon should out #2 - its just waiting for printing, but you can send stuff for #3)
Hellgate
PO BOX 158
70-779 Szczeciń 39
Poland

R'Lyeh (#8 just out)
Adrian
PO BOX 20
02-919 Warszawa 76
Poland

Total Death (#5 just out)
Krzysztof Berestecki
PO BOX 70
38-400 Krosno 1
Poland

Vaginalluftwafe zine (#3 under working now I think)
Paweł Grudzień
ul Dobra 63a
05-410 Józefów
Poland

Ave Metal (#2 should be out soon)
Kuba Ziemski
ul. Kościelna 8a
74-100 Gryfino
Poland

Nowela (#10 just out #11 should out in few months)
Arutr Kołodziejczyk
ul. Piastowska 8/62
97-500 Radomsko
Poland

Atmospheric (one step before mainstream? #16 under working now)
Atmospheric Mag
PO BOX 741
30-960 Kraków 1
Poland

Possessed Tormentor (now should works on #3)
Paweł Wojtowicz
ul Mozarta 16
80-166 Gdańsk
Poland

Morbidious Pathology (now should works on #4, its high time!)
Arek Jędzicki
Sokoła 4/50
44-177 Gliwice
Poland

Forgoten Chapel zine (just 2 days ago saw flyer of 7th issue)
Mateusz Witeska
Cegłowska 27/2
00-809 Warszawa
Poland

Burning Abyss (#7 should be under hard work now!)
Maciej Kaczorowski
ul Batorego 1/13
26-300 Opoczno
Poland


and two adresses that are obvious for you, but maybe other guys are interesed:

NECROSCOPE zine (22# just out, #23 under work!)
Adam Stasiak
ul Zakopiańska 42/3
80-139 Gdańsk
Poland

Demented Omen of Masochism zine (#3 should out in spring 2010)
Piotr Sulecki
Dobrzejewice 12
87-123 Dobrzejewice
Poland


Dont write zine name on evenlope unless this is needed.
_________________
DOOM008: Rot - Kingdom of Antichrist Sodomy
DOOM010: Necrostuprum / Satanic Torment - Goetes
DOOM fuckbook
www.doomzine.bandcamp.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
masters_throne



Joined: 20 Feb 2007
Posts: 3435
Location: GERMANY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool, thanks.
_________________

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
passetiermes



Joined: 12 Aug 2007
Posts: 2330
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.imperiumi.net/index.php?act=page&id=6
Addresses where to send promos can be found from the bottom of that page.
And a link to their album review page:
http://www.imperiumi.net/index.php?act=albums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Korpinen



Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 144
Location: Tampere, Finland

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

passetiermes wrote:
http://www.imperiumi.net/index.php?act=page&id=6
Addresses where to send promos can be found from the bottom of that page.
And a link to their album review page:
http://www.imperiumi.net/index.php?act=albums


I might add that Imperiumi is the second biggest online metal media in the whole of Scandinavia with well over 10,000 visitors per day. So well worth the promos! Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Esoteric



Joined: 28 Jul 2009
Posts: 135

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Reading anothers opinion on a album or subject is not exactly as worthy as your own opinion formed by actually listening to a sample of the band in question. Hence the importance of employing a website even if it has to be the unquestionably affordable dreaded and feared myspace system.

You can spend hours reading some other bag of waters tripe on a subject and find it to be meaningless after one simple listen using your own ears and processing system where music is concerned.

Magazines should be only columns of this...

Band Name :
Sample Link :
Genre/Style :
References/ Similar to :

All that blather of someone else's opinion was for a time before you could instantly access the actual music in seconds for yourself and see what the deal is.


I totally agree. I also think interviews in magazines with underground bands is also meaningless and obsolete seeing as how many of them have myspaces and will answer whatever questions you have or perhaps see them at a show being sociable and mingling with everyone. It's not as if the interviewer is magical and special and the only one worthy enough to ask some drunk asshole a simple question.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wilhelm



Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 1504

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoteric wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:
Reading anothers opinion on a album or subject is not exactly as worthy as your own opinion formed by actually listening to a sample of the band in question. Hence the importance of employing a website even if it has to be the unquestionably affordable dreaded and feared myspace system.

You can spend hours reading some other bag of waters tripe on a subject and find it to be meaningless after one simple listen using your own ears and processing system where music is concerned.

Magazines should be only columns of this...

Band Name :
Sample Link :
Genre/Style :
References/ Similar to :

All that blather of someone else's opinion was for a time before you could instantly access the actual music in seconds for yourself and see what the deal is.


I totally agree. I also think interviews in magazines with underground bands is also meaningless and obsolete seeing as how many of them have myspaces and will answer whatever questions you have or perhaps see them at a show being sociable and mingling with everyone. It's not as if the interviewer is magical and special and the only one worthy enough to ask some drunk asshole a simple question.


That depends on who / what the band is and if they're even willing to talk.

A good interviewer also knows what questions to ask and how to ask them to get the best possible answers; answers that your average joe - or average zine writer for that matter - couldn’t possibly dream of eliciting.

Zines aren't dead - there's just so few writers around right now that have even a novice handle on this craft.

Wink
_________________
lurking fear wrote:
CrucifixionWounds wrote:
Bolt Thrower didn't hold up well at all for me... no desire at all to ever listen to this band again.


Go brush your doll's hair.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
(0) ) ) )



Joined: 20 Oct 2009
Posts: 214

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never been into Zines. That's not to say I won't be in the future, but for now I get my info on the web...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
masters_throne



Joined: 20 Feb 2007
Posts: 3435
Location: GERMANY

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilhelm wrote:

Zines aren't dead - there's just so few writers around right now that have even a novice handle on this craft.

Wink


btw, what about you? are you still in business?
_________________

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Wilhelm



Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 1504

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time will tell.
_________________
lurking fear wrote:
CrucifixionWounds wrote:
Bolt Thrower didn't hold up well at all for me... no desire at all to ever listen to this band again.


Go brush your doll's hair.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group