P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Do you have Insurance Coverage for your Record Collection
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snaps666

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well yeah, but they don't realy have other option, than tell him to make sure to do his paperwork properly in the future, and I doubt they would even do anything about it.
gravesnatcher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think POPSIKE is the best way to come to a value with your Insurance Company.So for example if there were 3 Savatage Sirens blue Vinyl in the Popsike archives then you would take the average price of the 3 auctions.Unless one of the auctions was really old then you take the average of the 2 most recent auctions.
avrlabel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There exist one person in Serbia called Branimir lokner who owns collection with more than 80000 records and everything original..I only can imagine the suicide of him in the case that such collection may be lost.
IntoTheAbyss

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are those 80,000 records are Metal?
avrlabel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No but still he have around 20000 metal recordings.This man is musical fanatic and listen everything that can be described as a underground modern music from noise to rock and from metal to ambient.
Thats the biggest collection that i have heard for.
IntoTheAbyss

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you at least take photos of his collection???? I need to see how that he stores his record collection....At home or at warehouse? Laughing Laughing Laughing
avrlabel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try to find picture of his collections.Once i saw the picture of his room in one zine dedicated to rock/metal and fucking shit...
Al his room is in the racks and he even have the portable scales...I also know that this man have around 40 000 of vinyl records...If I find the picture i will post it.
IntoTheAbyss

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

avrlabel wrote:
I will try to find picture of his collections.Once i saw the picture of his room in one zine dedicated to rock/metal and fucking shit...
Al his room is in the racks and he even have the portable scales...I also know that this man have around 40 000 of vinyl records...If I find the picture i will post it.

Yeah, looking forward to that!
Hellfire Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure if we are totally insured for the vinyls and CD's here, but I did take a few pictures of my collection, close enough so you could read the writings on the side of the albums. When my boyfriend and me moved together, we have doubled our insurance, but I am not sure what exactly would happend in case of theft.

Last year, we got two guitars and one bass stolen but they didn't touch any records (phew!) as well as the Gibson SG that was in the closet...
ryan_the_snake

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will defintiely be getting renters insurance when I move into my new place. Kind of a sketchy neighborhood. I guess just taking a snapshot of my record shelf and a few key items would be good enough for me. I don't have a ton of crazy obscurities like some of you folks!
gravesnatcher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread but make a detailed list of all your records and cd's and put the list in a safety deposit box,also film your collection for proof that you have one and send a list to your Insurance Agent with a value.You can justify values by going off of popsike if your Insurance Company doesn't belive you.This will create a higher premium on your Homeowners Policy.I need to do this still. Sad
masters_throne

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LexTalionis wrote:
I don't know how it is like in other countries but in Italy the chances of someone breaking in into your living room and steal Metal vinyls are below zero. You need to be a rather retarded thief if you're planning on getting rich with that kind of stuff.

Well, our car got broken open by retards and they just took two boxes and a bag with CD'Rs, haha. Original CD's, the CD-Player etc. they did not need probably...

= KILL I =
= KILL II =

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked into doing this, above and beyond normal renter's insurance, and in order to do it you have to get a person who is an "expert" in vinyl collections to come and appraise the collectiion. What that translates to from what I can tell is they'll send some 60 year old douchebag who collects Jazz vinyl over and he wont know what he's looking at so he'll probably have no idea what to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: