P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

FURBOWL and PAN.THY.MONIUM LPS Coming in early 2010.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Evil_Johnny_666



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 864
Location: Québec

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably gonna get both. Can't wait either for Sigh, not only we have killer packages on vinyl for the first time, but we got two new recordings! (well the unreleased mix of IA is still IA, but still)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
darksymphonies



Joined: 02 May 2009
Posts: 2318

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil_Johnny_666 wrote:
Probably gonna get both. Can't wait either for Sigh, not only we have killer packages on vinyl for the first time, but we got two new recordings! (well the unreleased mix of IA is still IA, but still)
If you know the album well, you really will notice and appreciate the alternate mix, including vocals and guitar parts that were missing on the actual CD, plus it is the way the band originally wanted the album to sound. I actually prefer the alternate mix by a long ways. It's more raw, feeling a lot like Scorn Defeat in sound. I really can''t wait for this!! Very Happy
_________________
darksympho@gmail.com
thecryptvinyl@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/Cryptvinyl
http://www.darksymphonies.com
Twitter: @darksymphonies

~ DARKAGEPRODUCTIONS ~ The New Home Of Tom Sullivan's The BOOK Of The DEAD
http://www.darkageproductions.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Evil_Johnny_666



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 864
Location: Québec

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darksymphonies wrote:
Evil_Johnny_666 wrote:
Probably gonna get both. Can't wait either for Sigh, not only we have killer packages on vinyl for the first time, but we got two new recordings! (well the unreleased mix of IA is still IA, but still)
If you know the album well, you really will notice and appreciate the alternate mix, including vocals and guitar parts that were missing on the actual CD, plus it is the way the band originally wanted the album to sound. I actually prefer the alternate mix by a long ways. It's more raw, feeling a lot like Scorn Defeat in sound. I really can''t wait for this!! Very Happy


Yeah, I noticed on Zombie Terror that some keys that were a little drown were louder and some leads that were more apparent got the volume a little down, or the contrary. The slower part really had a different feeling. I really like the guitar tone and all on the "normal", but I guess I will like both almost as much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
darksymphonies



Joined: 02 May 2009
Posts: 2318

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil_Johnny_666 wrote:
darksymphonies wrote:
Evil_Johnny_666 wrote:
Probably gonna get both. Can't wait either for Sigh, not only we have killer packages on vinyl for the first time, but we got two new recordings! (well the unreleased mix of IA is still IA, but still)
If you know the album well, you really will notice and appreciate the alternate mix, including vocals and guitar parts that were missing on the actual CD, plus it is the way the band originally wanted the album to sound. I actually prefer the alternate mix by a long ways. It's more raw, feeling a lot like Scorn Defeat in sound. I really can''t wait for this!! Very Happy


Yeah, I noticed on Zombie Terror that some keys that were a little drown were louder and some leads that were more apparent got the volume a little down, or the contrary. The slower part really had a different feeling. I really like the guitar tone and all on the "normal", but I guess I will like both almost as much.
For the normal version, we used the Japanese pressing of the Infidel Art CD as the master source, and it sounds noticeably better, louder and cleaner than the UK version as I have both. Overall, you'll get the best sounding version of both mixes.
_________________
darksympho@gmail.com
thecryptvinyl@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/Cryptvinyl
http://www.darksymphonies.com
Twitter: @darksymphonies

~ DARKAGEPRODUCTIONS ~ The New Home Of Tom Sullivan's The BOOK Of The DEAD
http://www.darkageproductions.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Ross Liew



Joined: 13 Jul 2007
Posts: 1604
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring em on, Ted! I've the funds set aside for all these gems Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
darksymphonies



Joined: 02 May 2009
Posts: 2318

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross Liew wrote:
Bring em on, Ted! I've the funds set aside for all these gems Cool
They're coming, probably Saturday I'll send out the email Smile
_________________
darksympho@gmail.com
thecryptvinyl@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/Cryptvinyl
http://www.darksymphonies.com
Twitter: @darksymphonies

~ DARKAGEPRODUCTIONS ~ The New Home Of Tom Sullivan's The BOOK Of The DEAD
http://www.darkageproductions.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
TerrorFromBehind



Joined: 09 Feb 2009
Posts: 285
Location: Trapped in my underwear

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ted! What about the including the Pan-thy-monium -Dream II- 5 track MCD instead of using just the 4 tracks from the Obscure Plasma 7'' EP?? The MCD version has 1 bonus track (IV) which is awesome and is also from the pre-album sessions. That would be a complete early compilation then.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
darksymphonies



Joined: 02 May 2009
Posts: 2318

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerrorFromBehind wrote:
Hey Ted! What about the including the Pan-thy-monium -Dream II- 5 track MCD instead of using just the 4 tracks from the Obscure Plasma 7'' EP?? The MCD version has 1 bonus track (IV) which is awesome and is also from the pre-album sessions. That would be a complete early compilation then.
Dan absolutely forbid us use the bonus track and would not agree to the vinyl release with that track. Here are his own words:

"Sorry...but I would like to keep that track off this vinyl because it sucks so hard. It´s not the same Pan Thy Monium that made these 2 recordings. I think 4 songs per side is enough and if anybody want that piece of shit song, then they must track down the CD EP and that is pretty cool too."

How could I argue with that? Wink

It was either do the vinyl without the bonus track, or not do it at all. The choice was pretty obvious. Very Happy
_________________
darksympho@gmail.com
thecryptvinyl@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/Cryptvinyl
http://www.darksymphonies.com
Twitter: @darksymphonies

~ DARKAGEPRODUCTIONS ~ The New Home Of Tom Sullivan's The BOOK Of The DEAD
http://www.darkageproductions.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group