P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Seattle metal shitz?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryan_the_snake

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Seattle metal shitz? Reply with quote

I'm taking a short trip to Seattle from Nov. 12 to 15 with my girlfriend to check out the city for a possible move up there. Any shows going on then? And what are some cool record shops to check out? I've been to Seattle before and know about Zion's Gate, might stop by there (even though they're pretty pricey). Good bars?
In Solitude

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Zion's Gate is really expensive.

Al's
Silver Platters
Sonic Boom
Everyday Music
Easy Street Records (the one in Queen Anne)
Neptune Records

Al's and Neptune are basically pawn shops, but they have Metal sections for CD's and vinyl that are worth looking through.

Bars? Don't know of any "Metal" themed bars or the like, but I also don't go out to bars much.

The only show I know of during that time frame is The Misfits, if you're into them.
bornforburning

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I was there we stayed between two bars, one was called "Chocolate City" and the other was a "bear" bar that I'm sure also had an amazing name. So if you're a large gay hairy black guy, look both of those up.
ryan_the_snake

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bornforburning wrote:
Last time I was there we stayed between two bars, one was called "Chocolate City" and the other was a "bear" bar that I'm sure also had an amazing name. So if you're a large gay hairy black guy, look both of those up.

How did you guess?!?!?! Thanks guys, will check those shops out.
alien laserblast

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also check out Jive Time in Fremont. They have usually stock nice used HM/HR as well as punk, power pop, HC, etc. for fair prices. It's a clean, organized shop with cool dudes working.

Zion's Gate recently got an INSANE BM collection that they have been putting out slowly for equally INSANE prices. Go figure.

Also there's a shop in Georgetown that shares it's space with the Fantagraphics retail shop that is pretty bangin'. I found an old NWOBHM comp there for pretty cheap (Pure Overkill, Guardian Records... coupla tracks!). The Fantagraphics store is pretty cool if you like comics. Usually have some cool original art up on display and they have a dirty comix room (all Eros titles like Ramba!) Definitely worth peeping.

I can't even think of a bar with a decent juke box in Seattle but if you're interested in food and have a garbage belly, I try to always hit up Dick's Hamburgers. Killer and cheap as fuck, $1.35 for a killer hamburger though I usually nab 2 or 3.
Tobias

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Singles Going Steady in Belltown. Mainly punk, but also a lot of metal, grind, crust, etc.
In Solitude

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alien laserblast wrote:
I would also check out Jive Time in Fremont. They have usually stock nice used HM/HR as well as punk, power pop, HC, etc. for fair prices. It's a clean, organized shop with cool dudes working.

Zion's Gate recently got an INSANE BM collection that they have been putting out slowly for equally INSANE prices. Go figure.

I didn't know Jivetime was worth anything, I'll go check that out today or tomorrow! Yeah, man...Zion's Gate is good to look around but I have to be really selective.
slutvomit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zion's Gate is farrrrr too pricey. Singles going steady is pretty decent, i'd check them out.

There's a Suffocation/Vital Remains gig on the 14th... something to do, I guess. Won't catch me there, though.
Mortado

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slutvomit wrote:

There's a Suffocation/Vital Remains gig on the 14th... something to do, I guess. Won't catch me there, though.

Not to mention that there is a HUGE pile of shit bands on the bill. I'll probably end up going (late as hell) since I have no Vital Remains photos in my archives and don't have to pay admission.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: