P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

ebay problems! argh!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Down there...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: ebay problems! argh! Reply with quote

I sold a record on ebay. the guy got the record. three weeks later he emails me to say it was not as described (claiming a scratch on the lp which I don't ever remember seeing) and wants a refund.

I said I'd refund the money when he returns my record. he had opened a dispute so he had 20 days to return the record, registered mail and with a tracking number so it couldn't get mysteriously "lost in the mail". He has paypal protection for his money (my account is on hold now) so he shouldn't have a problem. but he refuses to send back the record til he gets the money. I offered him a doscount as a goodwill gesture but he doesn't want that either.

I've sent copies of all emails to paypal to show that he won't agree to return the record. besides that, the fact that he took so long to get back to me worries me too.

anyone know what happens in these situations??
sztorm75

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit happens I am affraid.
Bestial Aggressor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: ebay problems! argh! Reply with quote

Down there... wrote:
I sold a record on ebay. the guy got the record. three weeks later he emails me to say it was not as described (claiming a scratch on the lp which I don't ever remember seeing) and wants a refund.

I said I'd refund the money when he returns my record. he had opened a dispute so he had 20 days to return the record, registered mail and with a tracking number so it couldn't get mysteriously "lost in the mail". He has paypal protection for his money (my account is on hold now) so he shouldn't have a problem. but he refuses to send back the record til he gets the money. I offered him a doscount as a goodwill gesture but he doesn't want that either.

I've sent copies of all emails to paypal to show that he won't agree to return the record. besides that, the fact that he took so long to get back to me worries me too.

anyone know what happens in these situations??

I had a similar situation with some douche years ago, over a t-shirt. He was winging about the wrong size, so I agreed to refund after he sent it back. Well, he never did and didn't seem to bother chasing up his claim against me. I just got a negative feedback as a result.
This guy sounds dodgy to me, hope you don't get screwed.
The_Elite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name and shame.
DSS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has to send the LP back to you before PayPal refunds the money.
Humus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been in a similar situation, but as a buyer. I bought a tape from someone in the US via ebay which turned out to be an obvious bootleg. Claim filed with ebay, ebay took my side, but then I had to send it back with online tracking possibilities. And here's the catch, since Belgian post doesn't offer this I had to use DHL or similar, where shipping to send it back would have costed more than the amount I would get as a refund. End of the story, I didn't provide an online tracking number and the bootlegger got to keep his money.
So, don't do anything. It sucks your account is blocked but after the 20 days or so he has to provide the online tracking number you'll get the money back and the problem is solved. Tip for when you receive a bootleg or faulthty item, don't claim it's a bootleg or the wrong item, just claim you didn't get the package. Otherwise YOU will be screwed.
Kakarot SS5

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is is possible to clarify with a few return/refund rules in your auctions to avoid this shit?

I dont know if ebay/paypal will be on your side if you state this in the item description.

Good luck!!

Trade/Sale:
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40729
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: