P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Discovering bands you never gave a chance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackmetalhed213

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Discovering bands you never gave a chance. Reply with quote

Ever hear about a band and see advertisements for their releases everywhere but never actually check them out until years later and after you hear them your like "Shit, I should of checked these guys out 3 years ago when I first saw them in Fall To Your Knees Pissing"

I blame it on insufficient funds and the abundance of horse-shit being released constantly.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took me awhile to get "On wings of mercury" (Anael) after hearing almost no reviews/news/whatever for it. I kicked myself in the arse after finding out how bloody good it was.
Voidhanger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took me ages to actually check out BOLT THROWER. I kept hearing they were grindcore, which isn't a genre that does too much for me, so I respected them for their apparent influence from a distance but never bothered to investigate.

Eventually a friend of mine (who had been under the same wrong impression about BOLT THROWER as me!) sent me one of their songs. It didn't take long for me to get almost all their albums after that, heh.

Also took me the longest time to realize that THERION's old material was bloody awesome. I dumbly assumed their modern material reflected their old material. Not an assumption I make anymore for any band...

Last edited by Voidhanger on Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't give Acid and early Judas Priest a chance until Lino played them for me.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

TheUnborn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilhelm wrote:
It took me awhile to get "On wings of mercury" (Anael) after hearing almost no reviews/news/whatever for it. I kicked myself in the arse after finding out how bloody good it was.

Absolutely killer album!

-
Evil_Invader

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took a while for me to get into D666. I was really shocked that I didn't check em out before after listening as I feel in love with the band.
LifeDepraved

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same deal with Destroyer 666.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made one of the dumbest assumptions ever, that AUTOPSY would be a boring gore Death Metal generic band. What a fucking idiot I was! Mental Funeral is one of the most disturbing Death Metal albums I own.
IntoTheAbyss

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in the early 90's I thought that CATHEDRAL was a christian band!!! Laughing (refering to their name and cover)...
BreedingtheSpawn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voidhanger wrote:
It took me ages to actually check out BOLT THROWER. I kept hearing they were grindcore, which isn't a genre that does too much for me, so I respected them for their apparent influence from a distance but never bothered to investigate.

Eventually a friend of mine (who had been under the same wrong impression about BOLT THROWER as me!) sent me one of their songs. It didn't take long for me to get almost all their albums after that, heh.

Also took me the longest time to realize that THERION's old material was bloody awesome. I dumbly assumed their modern material reflected their old material. Not an assumption I make anymore for any band...

I was finally able to check out some Bolt Thrower yesterday and their music kicks ass good solid old school Death Metal. I will eventually buy some albums by them soon.
Heirophant.326.AV

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For sure, the Anael L.P is a gem (playing now in fact!). its funny how many fairly popular acts I ether missed or had an album or two and didnt think much of and consequently sold off when I was much younger. Bolt Thrower is another good example, as is Immolation - just didnt get it 8-10 years ago but love it now. I'm now on the warpath to get the old albums I had but didnt click with like:

Monstrosity: Imperial doom
Belial: Saints of the pit
Goruts: Obscura
Broken Hope: Bowells of repugnance
Pestilence: spheres
and many others...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: