P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Your top 2007 albums?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gravesnatcher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Witchfinder General "Buried Amongst the Ruins"
The Lamp of Thoth 10"
Pagan Altar Mythical and Magical lp
schadel_reich

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadomator- Goat's Brew Alcolust.
Bestial Raids- Reversed Black Trinity.
Necros Christos- Triune Impurity Rites.
Watain- Sworn to the Dark.
Profanatica- Profanatitas De Domonatia.
Marduk- Rom 5:12.
krawling kaos

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolute top fuckin release of the year...

NOCTURNAL GRAVES "Satan's Cross" lp!!

I almost can't believe how perfect this album is. I thought it might not stand up to the demos, 'cause the 7" had a cleaner, different sound, but right into the new recording of Aggressive Exterminator, all fears were crushed! And then the new songs might even be better!! This album will top the stacks for years to come; an absolute, undeniable command of nocturnal aggression!

Some of my other favorites (reissues and cd only are not included, sorry Witchfinder General)...

Dead Congregation "Purifying Consecrated Ground" 10" -I think this came out a few years ago, but the vinyl only came out this year (or I just got it this year)
Sabbat "Ishida Inferno" rehearsal lps -I love the raw sound of these sessions; Temis will be missed, but Sabbat lives on!!
Witchcraft "The Alchemist" They ditched their old dungeon sound, but in the end I still love this album. Plus, they killed it when they played live here; a guy from Trouble came on to guest, and they launched into "When the Screams Come"!
Slough Feg "Hardworlder" I don't like this one as much as their two previous, but it still rocks. It leans a little more towards 70s rock/ Thin Lizzy. I almost broke my neck at their show, so that heightens the album in my mind.
Bone Awl "Meaningless Leaning Mess," lp "All Has Red/Awl Has Red" & "Almost Dean Man" tapes.
Kill "Inverted Funeral"
Ride For Revenge "King of Snakes" and 10" w/ Tortorium
Unholy Crucifix "Morbid Ediface" tape
I was really unimpressed with most black metal I heard this year, but these are the standouts. Good to see that some bands are still doing original (and good) stuff, in the face of so much boring, repetitive crap.

There's a bunch more I don't recall at the moment... And of course a lot more reissues that great labels are putting out (Garlik Death, Root, all the NWN reissues), that are just as good or better than any new releases. Keep the underground burning, in metal hell!!!
dreamethereal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Reverend Bizarre - III: So Long Suckers!!
2. Insect Warfare - World Extermination
3. Porcupine Tree - Fear Of A Blank Planet
4. Watain - Sworn To The Dark
5. Jesu - Conqueror
6. Wolves In The Throne Room - Two Hunters
7. Municipal Waste - The Art Of Partying
8. Witchcraft - The Alchemist
9. High On Fire - Death Is This Communion
10. Portal - Outre

Honorable Mentions:
Cephalic Carnage - Xenosapien, Big Business - Here Comes The Waterworks, Clutch - From Beale Street To Oblivion, Darkthrone - FOAD, Korpiklaani - Tervaskanto, Electric Wizard - Witchcult Today, Alcest - Souvenirs d'un autre monde, Impaled - The Last Gasp
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: