P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

CRUDE SS 'Who'll Survive' 7" EP
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlexBlume

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: SCANDINAVIAN! JAWBREAKER!!! Reply with quote

I'll strongly second the Anti-Cimex "Scandinavian Jawbreaker" recommendation! Easily my favorite of their stuff. If you like early Wolfpack , I guarantee you'll like it! It used to be impossible to find the old original Distortion records release, but someone recently re-released it and it's easy to find on ebay nowdays.

As an aside, it's comical to me that lots of these crust bands aren't 'metal enough' to be listed on metal archives, even though they crush the shit out of 99% of the metal bands out there, and by that I mean they're more METAL than the metal bands. (Is there a punk archives type place somewhere where I can look up discographies for bands like these?)

-Alex
peterott

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: SCANDINAVIAN! JAWBREAKER!!! Reply with quote

AlexBlume wrote:
I'll strongly second the Anti-Cimex "Scandinavian Jawbreaker" recommendation! Easily my favorite of their stuff. If you like early Wolfpack , I guarantee you'll like it! It used to be impossible to find the old original Distortion records release, but someone recently re-released it and it's easy to find on ebay nowdays.

As an aside, it's comical to me that lots of these crust bands aren't 'metal enough' to be listed on metal archives, even though they crush the shit out of 99% of the metal bands out there, and by that I mean they're more METAL than the metal bands. (Is there a punk archives type place somewhere where I can look up discographies for bands like these?)

-Alex

For Sweden:
http://www.swedishpunk.com/
peterott

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kängnäve wrote:
peterott wrote:
Can't recommend Oral enough, formed by Alf Svensson in 1985-86, which recorded a godly MCD in 1994 in Studio Fredman. Swedish Crust with early At The Gates/Grotesque riffs at times. Awesome.

The MCD is a HUGE disappointment compared to the godly 1986 demo! Most songs on the reunion CD were re-recordings of the demo tracks, but all the rawness was lost... Had this band released a record in 1986-87, they would be regarded as legends by many today. Way ahead of their time.

a CDR with the demo stuff is on my way, so I can't say for sure, hahaha... but I really like the MCD. The vocals, guitar sound and riff on some songs are pure Grotesque worship. Killer. good lyrics as well, which I even can understand: "Höger elle vänster, det är samma skit ändå ... de hycklar och de driver så allt vad de förmår: varje dag, varje val, varje jävla år"
illomen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got that shitlickers bootleg 7" that was out recently from klaxon. that record is seriously excellent. im not that familiar with swedish hc but that record is some of the best d-beat ive heard--raw and abrasive.

klaxon may still have copies...still had it in stack a few weeks ago anyway.
CraiGORE

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IntoTheAbyss wrote:
Of course!

I listen to ANTI-CIMEX early recordings (from 1984 to 1986) on their "Country of Sweden" tape (plus another 7" EP of them) and it's totally heavy, raw and metallic!

I'm not expert on crust/hardcore punk bands mainly becuase I don't like their political lyrics. Other bands I listen are WOLFPACK, FINAL CONFLICT, BROKEN BONES, LETHAL AGGRESSION, SHITLICKERS, AMEBIX, etc...

Only Metal is real!

YES, THESE BANDS ARE AMAZING. SHITLICKERS ESPECIALLY.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
AlexBlume wrote:

-Alex

try kill from the heart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: