P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Best Bruce Dickinson studio performance???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill omen wrote:
somewhere in time is definitely the best in my opinion. i just recently heard the chemical wedding for the first time and liked it much more than i thought i would have.

honestly i am not really familiar with any iron maiden or bruce dickinson solo albums after seventh son, but i think i probably should be.

Chemical Wedding is a phenomenal album (aside from the couple 'nu-metalish' riffs that pop up here and there).. Some of Bruce's best work on there.

Accident at Birth and Tyranny of Souls are both good as well, but The Chemical Wedding is the best, hands down .
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marty Worm wrote:
I was pretty surprised how great he sounded on Flight 666 as well.

But for me, one of his most solid performances was on The Chemical Wedding. It's like he started figuring out how his throat worked, and since he has returned to Maiden, he sounds so much stronger and more confident.

The old stuff it seems like he sang 'just' out of his range a lot in the studio and couldn't handle the workload so to speak on extensive tours. Having said that, on the older albums, you cannot deny the greatness of Powerslave. "Flash of the Blade" is hands down one of my favorite songs by Maiden.

But whoever stated "live After Death".... c'mon.... his voice is totally shot on that. Still an essential album for them for certain, but Bruce's voice is hamburger.

-Marty/Bindrune

I think the LP/CD version of "Live after Death" is MUCH, MUCH better than the video recording (different nights of the tour). I don't mind Bruce's vocals at all on the LP/CD. Listen to "Aces High" on the record, then pop in the VHS and his voice is HORRIBLE.

Classic album/video......but Bruce is hit or miss, especially on the VHS
Professor Black

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

his solo albums had zero shelf life for me. I think I got rid of all of them by now
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
Heliogabalus wrote:
Professor Black wrote:
simply the way Bruce sings the word "Dawn" makes up for the horrendous solo from Janick

I agree 100%
Does Janick even play the guitar on stage?
Slinging the guitar around his back
and pointing the guitar 90 degrees upward looks
ridiculous. In the live portion of the DVD the
camera seems to all but ignore him.
My home theater system is broken.
That's a blessing because I can't hear his
"playing" without 5.1

Im pretty sure he is only playing about 1/2 the time after watching him live and the videos.... he simply cannot be playing while doing that garbage. It REALLY pisses me off when he plays solo's not written by him..... like the 2 minutes to midnight solo, Adrian is back in the band for 10 years now, so WHY the fuck is Janick still playing Adrian's leads??

Over the years, I have grown to 'accept' him. After all, he's been in the band for 20 years, and the other members apparently think he's cool enough to be in the band, so who am I to tell them otherwise.

I just make sure to stay on Dave/Adrians side of the stage when I see them live! Cool

I agree with you on that. The rest of the band seem to like him and
some of the younger fans may be into his flashy stage style.

Plus, he used to play with Fish.
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sun and Steel!!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: