P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

CHICAGO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GHOAT

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, scratch my last message - I probably am coming now.
agvd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I visited there a little over 10 years ago. Both Reckless locations had some nice metal vinyl. The pizza was good, but it's no New York.
RadianceOfShadows

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GHOAT wrote:
Yeah, Prof, I mean you.

@ Mike - I have not seen Incantation since 2000, but I am stoked to see Severn back on the kit.

Never been to Chicago before either, but I am stoked to go.

Tell me which of these I should try and hit:

Kuma's Corner
Al's Italian Beef
Hot Doug's

Suggestions?

Definitely go to Kuma's the burgers are the best I've ever had. Try and go before too late though because the wait can take forever around dinner time.
RadianceOfShadows

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RadianceOfShadows wrote:

Definitely go to Kuma's the burgers are the best I've ever had. Try and go before too late though because the wait can take forever around dinner time.

Or you can go and get your reservation, then go to metal haven (only a couple miles away) and come back afterwards.
GHOAT

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I ended up going to Chicago after all; 16 hour drive both ways. I spent too much money, but came home with some records, a good time, and saw one of the best shows ever.

Friday I got to town around 8pm and me and my friend with whom I stayed headed down to Belmont and got some grub (Philly's Best - good cheesesteak). Then we grabbed a beer at L&L and walked around for a couple of hours. Ended up at a Mexican place next to The Green Mill around 12:30 am, ate some tacos and headed back to his place. Watched Hated: GG Allin, and passed out.

Saturday I woke up to find that I could barley walk. See, living in South GA, we do not walk ANYWHERE. So, the 5 miles or so we trekked took it's toll. I limped and hobbled my way around the rest of the weekend.

We drove over to Kuma's at noon, were told the wait was an hour, so we went to Hot Doug's instead, which is right around the corner. The line there was literally a half a block long and 5 people wide. Thanks, Travel Channel and Food Network. So, we end up at a Thai place (never had Thai food), and I pretty much hated what I got.

Went to Metal Haven, bought some shit, traded some shit, talked some shit and then headed to Reckless on Broadway. Really liked Reckless; wish I had more money to spend in there. I did manage to buy metal, country, and alt rock LPs.

Then went back to the house, ordered a pizza (Noli's - it was just greasy, generic pizza), and watched Reno 911 eps until showtime.

Got to the club about an hour early, downed a few beers, and milled around. Did not see anyone from the board, no idea if you were there or not.

First band (The Everscathed) were decent everything-metal. They were tight, but need to tone down the theatrics. And use two mics. The trading-off thing was funny.

Veneficum was next, and played pretty good sympho black metal. I have their first MCD, which I bought like 8 years ago when it came out. They played to drums through a computer, as their drummer quit the week before. Pretty good stuff. Two Engl full stacks were also awesome.

Cardiac Arrest was next, and while I never cared for them on record, they were pretty rad live. Very tight, loud, and crushing. Their drummer needs to cool it with the Suffo-Blasting though.

Then comes Incantation. So - for those who have never heard my band, you do not know that I am a HUGE Incantation fan, and I have not seen them since 2000. All I can say, is that they could have walked onstage with acoustic guitars and a couple of 5 gallon buckets for Kyle to pound on, and I would have been ecstatic.

But they pretty much CRUSHED ALL. I was right up front, and took a ton of pics. Some are below. There is also some vids (link below) taken by Metal Haven Mark. I am the dude in the mesh cap and glasses snapping pics on the right side of the screen the whole time.

The setlist was from all the albums. I grabbed a setlist and will scan and post it soon. About 5 songs form each new album, and then 2-3 from all the others. They played "Profanation" and "Devoured Death" from Golgotha.

John broke a string about halfway through and just played the singer role. After re-stringing while the band played "Primordial Domination," he returned to only break another string a song later. They re-arranged the set based on what Alex knew and they finished with John just on vocals. The only song that got cut completely was "Impending Diabolical Conquest" Sad

The whole set killed though, and I was suprised/enlightened by how candid John is onstage. He kept cracking himself up whenever he would forget what he was saying, or when he realized he introduced the wrong song halfway into "Lead to Desolation." He was also very lax concerning his technical difficulties.

Overall I just cannot explain how great it was seeing these guys again. So fucking awesome.

Woke up late Sunday, grabbed Philly's Best again, checkout some store called ARMY, rode over to the Lake, snapped some pics and hit the road. I got back to Atlanta at like 5:30 am, then headed home yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD3dgmWUc8Q

Saevus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it was an awesome show. I look forward to seeing them at MDF next year.
GHOAT

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP for my awesome pics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: