P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

old Dark Side Rec./Greece, new one, and Zyk.B Rec. ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peterott

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject: old Dark Side Rec./Greece, new one, and Zyk.B Rec. ??? Reply with quote

Is there any connection between the old Dark Side Records label (e.g. Necromantia 7", Cremate 7", N.A.O.S. LP, Kawir 7", Reflection 7", Beyond The Grave Compi-LP, ...) that stopped sometime 1996 and the "new" label called Dark Side Records (Kampfar - Heimgang LP, Necromantia/Acherontas Split LP, ...) ?

I recognised that the old vinyls were named DSRxxx while the new one have DS xxx as catalog number. Is this really the same label ??

And what is the connection to ZykB Records ??? Is there a direct connection to this new Dark Side Records label ????
maranatha

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the jew behind Vitamin-B was running Dark Side some years ago. Actually he still owns a store by the name of DS in Athens, but he sells ambient/EBM/electronic stuff exclusively.
peterott

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean the pre-1996 label, or the "new" Dark Side label (Kampfar LP, ... and the frostmagazine AT yahoo DOT gr email contact address) ??
Sadovahr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was an old greek label (circa 1994) which was named Darkside Recs but had a different owner, different address etc and now is defunct. Current (and active) Darkside Recs which released Kampfar etc has no relation to that old label other than the same name. Yes, Zyklon-B Recs and current Darkside Recs have the same onwer so they are related. Frost magazine is owned by him as well.

The EBM store in Athens has the same name (Darkside) but it's owned by the son of the Zyklon-B boss.

There are two stores in Athens named Darkside, one EBM and another metal.

It's a family business actually, the son has the EMB branch while father and mother are running the 2 metal labels & the metal store.
peterott

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clearing this up.
Sadovahr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zyklon-B boss has tried to buy labels in the past, labels which were about to close, Sombre Recs was one of them so he maybe bought the old Darkside and continued but this I don't know. Owner of old Darkside recs was a guy named Hantziyiakoumides while Zyklon-B/current Darkside boss is named Kostis.
nz¨mbe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadovahr wrote:
Zyklon-B boss has tried to buy labels in the past, labels which were about to close, Sombre Recs was one of them

Too bad. I was really looking forward to this Judas Iscariot-box. Laughing
Sadovahr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nz¨mbe wrote:
Sadovahr wrote:
Zyklon-B boss has tried to buy labels in the past, labels which were about to close, Sombre Recs was one of them

Too bad. I was really looking forward to this Judas Iscariot-box. Laughing

haha me too
TerrorFromBehind

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The owner of the old Dark Side records was also playing in a band called "Sarcastic Terror" and used to be the editor of Unholiness 'zine (I am 99% sure about this zine's name nowdays as many years have passed since that time). He used to work also in Unisound records' shop during the first period that they had opened the shop. And as Sadhovar mentioned correctly, he has nothing to do with the new Zyklon-B/Darkside records's boss and current Dark Side Record store.
FallenChrist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerrorFromBehind wrote:
The owner of the old Dark Side records was also playing in a band called "Sarcastic Terror" and used to be the editor of Unholiness 'zine (I am 99% sure about this zine's name nowdays as many years have passed since that time). He used to work also in Unisound records' shop during the first period that they had opened the shop. And as Sadhovar mentioned correctly, he has nothing to do with the new Zyklon-B/Darkside records's boss and current Dark Side Record store.

Sarcastic Terror was great! Their first demo is fucking putrid sounding. I had no idea that they were related to DarkSide Recs.
mailweaver

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hatziyakoumidis "played" drums in sarcastic terror but he actually never played there since there was only a drum machine, Danos was always behind the band and another guy that used to have In vision record shop in Athens late 90's. Hatjiyakoumidis I think now owns an internet cafe somewhere. New Dark Side records has nothing to do with the old one, he bought all the stock from Go Underground store in Athens that used to have and own all the Molon Lave titles but not the old Dark side titles for sure. Old dark Side records also had a sublabel called odium that released the WAMPYR SHADOW WOLF cd and was supposed to release the Kawir mini LP with side B as etched Parthenon which never hapened. Also the first order of the ebon hand record was supposed to be released by him as a split with Chained and Desparate somtime in 1994/95
TerrorFromBehind

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mailweaver wrote:
Hatziyakoumidis "played" drums in sarcastic terror but he actually never played there since there was only a drum machine, Danos was always behind the band and another guy that used to have In vision record shop in Athens late 90's. Hatjiyakoumidis I think now owns an internet cafe somewhere. New Dark Side records has nothing to do with the old one, he bought all the stock from Go Underground store in Athens that used to have and own all the Molon Lave titles but not the old Dark side titles for sure. Old dark Side records also had a sublabel called odium that released the WAMPYR SHADOW WOLF cd and was supposed to release the Kawir mini LP with side B as etched Parthenon which never hapened. Also the first order of the ebon hand record was supposed to be released by him as a split with Chained and Desparate somtime in 1994/95

Hatziyakoumidis did also play drums on the rehearsal demo 1992. This recording is with real drums, and yiannis (Hatziyakoumidis) does also play the drums and it is also written. The rest of their recordings (The 7'' EP split with In-Quest and "Infernal Death" track on Greek Metal Hammer compilation CD) are with drum programming, yes. On Dark Side records (old) there was also another co-operating guy called Nikos Spentzos I think. He was also a contributor on a very active fanzine called Undead 'zine. And yes, there is no connection at all between these two guys and the new Dark Side/Zyklon-b.
Detest Records

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadovahr wrote:
Zyklon-B/current Darkside boss is named Kostis.

He used to have a used records shop here in Brussels as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: