P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Sacrifice Of The Nazarene Child 9!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TryMyTrust

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Sacrifice Of The Nazarene Child 9!!!! Reply with quote

Im totally going to be there for Gospel...I never been to one. I missed out the Archgoat...

How is this fest usually?

bottom line...

stoked
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to go at least one year in the future though right now I can't afford it. Looks like a cool gig but I plan to go to Keep It True next year if it doesn't 'cause problems in my studies or if I have the money.
markos

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nekrokunt_Usurper wrote:
I would like to go at least one year in the future though right now I can't afford it. Looks like a cool gig but I plan to go to Keep It True next year if it doesn't 'cause problems in my studies or if I have the money.

fuck, yeah, the keep it true fests need to start crossing the pond. i'd be at every one if they were only just across the country.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i went to this year's fest, it was quite boring. Except for Midnight and Toxic Holocaust. But i'll definetly be going for Gospel of the horns.
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

markos wrote:
fuck, yeah, the keep it true fests need to start crossing the pond. i'd be at every one if they were only just across the country.

Are you familiar with the Classic Eighties Metalfest? I think the promoter pulled the plug on it a few years back, but the first couple of shows were totally awesome and the band lineups were pretty similar to what you see now at Keep It True.

The first one they had back in 2001 was literally in my backyard. I was only there for one day, but I got to see Exciter, Abbatoir, Destiny's End, Halloween, and Deceased. Skullview was supposed to play, but something got fucked up in the schedule and they had to leave early.

Some other bands that have played at these shows include Sabbat, Twisted Tower Dire, Solitude Aeturnus, Nunslaughter, October 31, Anvil, Cauldron Born, Premonition, Nasty Savage, Meliah Rage, Slough Feg, Iron Cross, Metalucifer, Hades, Omen, Manilla Road, etc. It's hard to find much information on the fest anymore. I know the dude who ran it has a MySpace page, but I haven't come across it in awhile. You can still order shirts, videos and stickers from him. This page here has a short review and a few pics of the third one they had in Chicago:

http://www.unratedmagazine.com/Document.cfm?Page=Articles/index.cfm&Article_ID=122

If anyone else here has any more information on this, let me know. Someone should put something together again like this here in the US.
markos

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrashbeast wrote:
markos wrote:

Are you familiar with the Classic Eighties Metalfest? I think the promoter pulled the plug on it a few years back, but the first couple of shows were totally awesome and the band lineups were pretty similar to what you see now at Keep It True.

The first one they had back in 2001 was literally in my backyard. I was only there for one day, but I got to see Exciter, Abbatoir, Destiny's End, Halloween, and Deceased. Skullview was supposed to play, but something got fucked up in the schedule and they had to leave early.

Some other bands that have played at these shows include Sabbat, Twisted Tower Dire, Solitude Aeturnus, Nunslaughter, October 31, Anvil, Cauldron Born, Premonition, Nasty Savage, Meliah Rage, Slough Feg, Iron Cross, Metalucifer, Hades, Omen, Manilla Road, etc. It's hard to find much information on the fest anymore. I know the dude who ran it has a MySpace page, but I haven't come across it in awhile. You can still order shirts, videos and stickers from him. This page here has a short review and a few pics of the third one they had in Chicago:

http://www.unratedmagazine.com/Document.cfm?Page=Articles/index.cfm&Article_ID=122

If anyone else here has any more information on this, let me know. Someone should put something together again like this here in the US.

fuck.....thanks for the tip. i'm gonna try and track down a video. i'd be down to help in whatever way i could if other folks would wanna try and organize a fest like this.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holocaust Wolves is definitely worth going for. It's Damn Bloodstorm and some LA guys doing Bestial Warlust songs. Their reh at Dark Realm was fucking massive.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

thrashbeast

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

markos wrote:
fuck.....thanks for the tip. i'm gonna try and track down a video. i'd be down to help in whatever way i could if other folks would wanna try and organize a fest like this.

Finally found the MySpace page:

http://www.myspace.com/classicmetalfest

There's actually some videos up there on the top you can watch. The last I checked the site, they had a thing where you could purchase the individual videos. It doesn't look like they have it now, but you could send them a message as I'm sure they're still available. Here's another video from YouTube that doesn't appear to be linked on the page. It's October 31 doing a cover of Electric Eye. This was on the day before I went. At least I got to see Deceased, though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGmlEqCCVR0

If you look over to the side, you'll see all the fliers there. It's kind of hard to read the lineups, but like I said, they rival pretty much any other traditional metalfest around these days.

It also appears they're going to start it back up again. I wish they'd do it here instead of in New York. I can understand it, though. The first one they did was pretty much a financial failure due to the location (Kalamazoo is a small city halfway between Chicago and Detroit). Still, depending on future lineups, I wouldn't mind traveling that far to see another good fest.
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about going off-topic with this, Yosuke.

I'm done now...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
Holocaust Wolves is definitely worth going for. It's Damn Bloodstorm and some LA guys doing Bestial Warlust songs. Their reh at Dark Realm was fucking massive.

Glad you liked the rehearsal Yosuke. This time will be even more devastating as we will have more then a couple of weeks to learn and practice all the songs. We will also include a few songs we didnít play last time. There will be more then just the Tex date though; the tour will start on the west coast in mid June with this line up:

ANGELCORPSE
HOLOCAUST WOLVES
GOSPEL OF THE HORNS
CEMETARY URN
SANGUIS IMPEREM (Band featuring all the members of HW minus Damon)

We will continue on the tour for another two weeks after the west coast shows with a revised line up: with out Angelcorpse and HW, though HW will play Sacrifice and Gathering of Shadows. Exact dates, flyers, etc. will be forth coming. This will also most likely be the end of the HW as our intent was only to do a few select shows for all the BW maniacs not to do 1000 shows. Prepare for War!

R. Wolfsblood

HW/SI
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: