P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Belial - Wisdom of Darkness re-release - already released??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mikael



Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 1941

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darksymphonies wrote:
I'm pretty sure that I wasn't bashing, rather clearly mentioned that It's just a matter of opinion. I just prefer to release our LPs with original artwork whenever possible and we make it one of our standards.


As I edited on my previous post, it was not written towards you, your releases have been very good quality-wise.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
darksymphonies



Joined: 02 May 2009
Posts: 2344

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikael wrote:
darksymphonies wrote:
I'm pretty sure that I wasn't bashing, rather clearly mentioned that It's just a matter of opinion. I just prefer to release our LPs with original artwork whenever possible and we make it one of our standards.


As I edited on my previous post, it was not written towards you, your releases have been very good quality-wise.
Thank you. I do however feel it is important to release classic albums with original art, but at the same time, if the original art is very bad like I mentioned the Crypt of Kerberos World of Myths, the it is necessary to have new art, by all means.
_________________
darksympho@gmail.com
thecryptvinyl@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/Cryptvinyl
http://www.darksymphonies.com
Twitter: @darksymphonies

~ DARKAGEPRODUCTIONS ~ The New Home Of Tom Sullivan's The BOOK Of The DEAD
http://www.darkageproductions.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Mikael



Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 1941

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darksymphonies wrote:
Thank you. I do however feel it is important to release classic albums with original art, but at the same time, if the original art is very bad like I mentioned the Crypt of Kerberos World of Myths, the it is necessary to have new art, by all means.


I can understand that quite well. For example I didn't care for the new art on Molested CD, but I assume it was what the band wanted for some reason as I'm sure it would've been cheaper to use the original than get a new one from Travis Smith.

It's just that people seem to care for art and extras more than the music itself. They're complaining about coverart and will not buy a good record because of that, but at the same time they buy 10 copies of VON album to get a coloured vinyl and few weeks later the VON is re-re-pressed and they again want to get the next pressing with different colour. The music is the same, but who cares...Maybe it's just me, but that's just wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
darksymphonies



Joined: 02 May 2009
Posts: 2344

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikael wrote:
darksymphonies wrote:
Thank you. I do however feel it is important to release classic albums with original art, but at the same time, if the original art is very bad like I mentioned the Crypt of Kerberos World of Myths, the it is necessary to have new art, by all means.


I can understand that quite well. For example I didn't care for the new art on Molested CD, but I assume it was what the band wanted for some reason as I'm sure it would've been cheaper to use the original than get a new one from Travis Smith.

It's just that people seem to care for art and extras more than the music itself. They're complaining about coverart and will not buy a good record because of that, but at the same time they buy 10 copies of VON album to get a coloured vinyl and few weeks later the VON is re-re-pressed and they again want to get the next pressing with different colour. The music is the same, but who cares...Maybe it's just me, but that's just wrong.
I totally see your point, and you're not wrong. It IS about the music. It is also about the presentation, but I feel one should never outshine the other. It is afterall, the whole package. For us, it is actually 50/50. Half is presentation, half is music. You can have original art which is good, but you also should have a quality master so the LP sounds amazing as well. The bottom line is, there is no one solution to make everyone happy, but I feel if you try to do justice to the music itself, whether it is new art or original art, as long as you put 100% effort into the release, then hopefully it's the right approach.
_________________
darksympho@gmail.com
thecryptvinyl@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/Cryptvinyl
http://www.darksymphonies.com
Twitter: @darksymphonies

~ DARKAGEPRODUCTIONS ~ The New Home Of Tom Sullivan's The BOOK Of The DEAD
http://www.darkageproductions.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
krakentorso



Joined: 23 Oct 2008
Posts: 1582
Location: ger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What truly counts is the opinion of the fans. Listeners thet are familiar with the old CD cover - btw. w.o.d. was originaly only released as CD, same with never again - seem to prefer the old cover. Me too. I don't think the original cover was average ... it was simple and somehow dismal, for me enough!

The new cover may be a band's own decision but hey!, we are speaking of a Re-release of cult material, not of a new album to promote and to to underline new aesthetic standards. so those old fuckers should shut up, allow old covers (fuck, scan them at 1200 dpi) and view the re-edition as it is meant to be: as a favour/gift for the fans of both oldschool blackdeath and vinyl as well.

won't buy it anyway. own both w.o.d. CD and g.o.t.p.7" for years.

HAS ANYONE YET UNDERSTOOD THAT BELIAL'S FIRST IS THE MOST BRUTAL BLACK SHIT EVER??? HAIL NOSTALGICA... Twisted Evil
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
throneofmight



Joined: 25 Jul 2007
Posts: 2007
Location: Costa Rica

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bottom line is that if you look back in time most of our beloved metal classics do not complement their brilliant musical output with a decent artwork...as someone said....IT IS ABOUT THE MUSIC Twisted Evil
_________________
BLAZING OBSCURITY TAPE LABEL| http://blazingobscurity.blogspot.com/
10% discount code: ARMY-KGNG-M488-C8Q4 ONLY on "ARMY" tagged merch at http://www.cmdistro.com/index.aspx
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Conservationist
banned


Joined: 25 Feb 2009
Posts: 2909

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krakentorso wrote:
What truly counts is the opinion of the fans.


I only listen to the smart, realistic fans.

Anyone with a few twenties can become a "fan."
_________________
DEATH METAL UNDERGROUND
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group