P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

eBay scam?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deathevocation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

metalcrypt666 wrote:
ENOLA GOAT wrote:
I bought the Vulcano lp from a guy in Brazil some years back.
The seller had great feedback til right after I paid for the lp. Then his rating dropped like crazy and he recieved numerous negative feedback in a short amount of time.
When the lp didn't arrive I complained and eventually escalated to a claim. Paypal "ruled" in my favour but was only able to retract parts of the full amount. So I was only refunded two thirds in the end....
Shit happens Crying or Very sad

Some Australian seller was the same around 2000-2001. Excellent feedback - I ordered from him and got my stuff less than a week later. Then all of a sudden, all hell broke loose. Things got so bad and there were so many complaints that the Australian government opened an investigation (or so I'm told.)

Yeah, what a cunt. I didn't bid on any items but I did send him a message as apparently he was from my city and had run a store. Asked them where the physical "store" was. They even tried bullshitting about that to me. Haha.
goat lord 666

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IXTAB wrote:
CR99 wrote:
Humus wrote:
Humus wrote:
Similar question...if you've bought on ebay but not received the item, and file a complaint, and ebay takes your side. Will you be able to get a full refund even if the seller emptied his paypal account by then?

Anybody?

from my experience no

I don't think Paypal can deduct money from your linked credit card or bank account, only from what is in the Paypal account itself.

you will get it back, the seller will just have and negative amount in his paypal account which paypal will break legs for later.
peterott

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathevocation wrote:
metalcrypt666 wrote:
ENOLA GOAT wrote:
I bought the Vulcano lp from a guy in Brazil some years back.
The seller had great feedback til right after I paid for the lp. Then his rating dropped like crazy and he recieved numerous negative feedback in a short amount of time.
When the lp didn't arrive I complained and eventually escalated to a claim. Paypal "ruled" in my favour but was only able to retract parts of the full amount. So I was only refunded two thirds in the end....
Shit happens Crying or Very sad

Some Australian seller was the same around 2000-2001. Excellent feedback - I ordered from him and got my stuff less than a week later. Then all of a sudden, all hell broke loose. Things got so bad and there were so many complaints that the Australian government opened an investigation (or so I'm told.)

Yeah, what a cunt. I didn't bid on any items but I did send him a message as apparently he was from my city and had run a store. Asked them where the physical "store" was. They even tried bullshitting about that to me. Haha.

That was in early 2002 and the ebay-nick was leeceedees (the sisters of sound). Postal address back then:
May Davis
PO Box 1392
North Fitzroy
Vic 3068
Australia

though the asshole behind it:
WWW.FRINGEARTMUSIC.COM (link not valid anymore)
Doug Dalton
Dept. E
PO Box 344
Rose Bay, NSW 2029
Australia
Humus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, infamous rip-off action. Anybody remember that Latvian guy on the FMP board a bit later, with his huge list of rare releases for 20/piece? A 'wellknown' musician got ripped off for more then 1000 by him...

Anyway, good to hear I can get my money back. I bought something and paid with paypal, then on the paypal bill his real name showed up and it's a wellknown rip-off who tried to rip me off aswell one year ago.
First time in my life I'm glad I used paypal.
luisifer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the original topic:
Necrogoat paid in full.
Item was received after some trouble with the Italian post office. Rolling Eyes
So no big problems with this transaction or Necrogoat.
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisifer wrote:

Item was received after some trouble with the Italian post office. Rolling Eyes

I lot of people won't even ship to Italy these days because these problems seem to be typical. I may end up doing the same.
3. Unidentified band photos and youtube links
4. Memes
5. Ebonics

e-mail ixtab[at]nwnprod[dot]com regarding forum account activation or problems
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: