P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

tokyo japan?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guitar_Demon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: tokyo japan? Reply with quote

my sister teaches english over in japan and ill be flying out to see her before the end of the year. does anyone know of any good record shops and metal places over there? i have heard of disc union which is supposed to have a big metal collection but i dont know if thats just cds or used records or what it is
Professor Black

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.record-boy.com/
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure of specifics, but make sure you have lots of cash. From what I've seen Japanese record shops have AMAZING selection, especially when it comes to japanese metal/punk bands and releases, not to mention plenty of stuff out of print, rare, or hard to find outside the country. From dealing with Japan distros I've been lucky to locate stuff sold out everywhere else as well. The downside is that music in general is much more expensive so be expected to pay up to $10US for single 7'', and more than $20 US for LP/CD's.

I know Record Boy and Circledeli (i think is the name) are located there. I'm not sure what else you may find though.
guitar_Demon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info guys, ill have to check them out for sure when im there
HotBlack

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: tokyo japan? Reply with quote

guitar_Demon wrote:
my sister teaches english over in japan and ill be flying out to see her before the end of the year. does anyone know of any good record shops and metal places over there? i have heard of disc union which is supposed to have a big metal collection but i dont know if thats just cds or used records or what it is

I live in Japan hehe... but in Osaka, not Tokyo.

Check out Disk Heaven/Disk Hell in Shinjuku.. here is a link with a map.

http://www.diskheaven.com/
Tankcrimes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOLL Records in Tokyo - I was there in April and they were stocked to the gills with NWOBHM vinyl + shit tons of punk and hardcore.

Record Shop BASE also in tokyo is mostly punk/hc and relapse metal - I saw some nwn and hells headbangers stuff too.

OSAKA has some killer shop - Punk and Destroy - punk/hc and also right across the street is TIME BOMB - they have all types of music and big metal section.

NAGOYA - Record Shop ANSWER - one of those stores with vinyl stacked out from the walls on the floor, records laying all over each other, metal, punk, oi, reggea, rock - I spent a few hours digging.

also at the shops there there are 2 prices on the records - 1 is if your buying a few records (the higher price) and one is lower if you buy a bunch of stuff.

If you make it all the way down to KOCHI CITY there is CHAOTIC NOISE owned by Yoshio of Dan-Doh Records (Disclose) and it has tons of vinyl and also horror movie stuff, toys and shit.

DONT BUY NEW RECORDS YOU CAN GET AT HOME - they cost more in Japan. (about $20 for a new LP)

RECORD SHOP BASE ---

guitar_Demon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you remember where doll records was? actual address or at least which prefecture? i cant seem to find any info on it online
Nuclear Blasphemer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some friend of mine found good records in Disc Union two weeks ago, but I think it was mostly new stuffs. Though I'm pretty sure you can find some old japanese heavy metal releases such as LOUDNESS things and so on.

I heard about a metal bar in Tokyo called the Godz, check out Metal Travel Guide website.
I'm moving to Sendai from september but I don't think there's anything there...?
guitar_Demon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

never heard of the metal travel guide before, ill definitally check that out
deathevocation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been to Japan a number of times. Nagoya and Osaka have disc heaven/hell (whatever it's called). Nothing spectacular, just a decent metal store. Better than anything in Australia, but that's not hard. I always drop a couple of hundred when visiting. First visit I picked up a heap of vinyl which was hard to get and priced well, but since then, it's just cds. Highlight is seeing Bill Andrews, haha. Been to a couple of second hand stores Nagoya/Osaka as well, again - nothing spectacular.
sarkk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm currently living in tokyo.

check out NAT in shinjuku, generally more punk/hc stuff than metal though.

also the disk unions are worth checking out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: