P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Sturmkaiser Appreciation Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrimorthPaleblood

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject: Sturmkaiser Appreciation Thread Reply with quote

It's quite shocking I've yet to see anyone on this board show some appreciation for this amazing band. Excellent war-themed Black Metal with that Gorgoroth-ish epic & triumphant undertone to the riffs. The new album has been in the works for a while now, and I hope it'll get published sooner than later.

Their final album "Veni, Vidi, Vici" is especially great. Here's a preview for those who might want to know about this Italic combatant beast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuUBEeNZMIM

DTBRex

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, a good band and "Veni, Vidi, Vici" is an excellent album that needs to be re-pressed (and put on wax too) IMO. Sturmkaiser played two concerts for me, in Czech Republic as well as ZOGermany, back in 2009. Having a good time with them, nice guys all around. Alas, when they got flak from Antifa the band pretty much split up afterwards: https://fightfascism.wordpress.com/2010/02/18/sturmkaiser-distanzierung-vom-rechtsextremismus/
As the saying goes: If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Mad
Solitary Elitism: www.darker-than-black.com
GrimorthPaleblood

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:
Yes, a good band and "Veni, Vidi, Vici" is an excellent album that needs to be re-pressed (and put on wax too) IMO. Sturmkaiser played two concerts for me, in Czech Republic as well as ZOGermany, back in 2009. Having a good time with them, nice guys all around. Alas, when they got flak from Antifa the band pretty much split up afterwards.

Is the band really over then? If so, that's definitely a shame, especially considering organizations like Antifa are not really THAT influential here in Italy (from my experience, at least). They seem to be more of a thing in the rest of Europe and in the US. They were also working on new material, which at this point will probably never get a proper release. Confused Speaking of the music though, a repress of their material would be very much appreciated, especially on LP at this point.
DTBRex

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrimorthPaleblood wrote:
DTBRex wrote:
Yes, a good band and "Veni, Vidi, Vici" is an excellent album that needs to be re-pressed (and put on wax too) IMO. Sturmkaiser played two concerts for me, in Czech Republic as well as ZOGermany, back in 2009. Having a good time with them, nice guys all around. Alas, when they got flak from Antifa the band pretty much split up afterwards.

Is the band really over then? If so, that's definitely a shame, especially considering organizations like Antifa are not really THAT influential here in Italy (from my experience, at least). They seem to be more of a thing in the rest of Europe and in the US. They were also working on new material, which at this point will probably never get a proper release. Confused Speaking of the music though, a repress of their material would be very much appreciated, especially on LP at this point.

The problem was with the one (or two?) guys living in the UK. The guys from Italy were super nice and laid back, but that one guitarist freaked out when Antifa started to give them shit. For all I know, the band was put on hold ever since. Also their drummer died in 2014, for all I know. I still have the master files for their debut "Mors Tua, Vita Mea" that was released by Nebelklang back in the days, maybe I should contact Svafnir and see what he's up to and whether or not any re-press of SK would be of interest to him.
Solitary Elitism: www.darker-than-black.com
GrimorthPaleblood

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:
GrimorthPaleblood wrote:
DTBRex wrote:

The problem was with the one (or two?) guys living in the UK. The guys from Italy were super nice and laid back, but that one guitarist freaked out when Antifa started to give them shit. For all I know, the band was put on hold ever since. Also their drummer died in 2014, for all I know. I still have the master files for their debut "Mors Tua, Vita Mea" that was released by Nebelklang back in the days, maybe I should contact Svafnir and see what he's up to and whether or not any re-press of SK would be of interest to him.

If you can get to talk to him about any represses of SK material, please do. It'd be also useful to know whether there's the intention to get the band going again. The last time they dealt with Antifa was, what, 10 years ago? I don't see what kind of consequences they could have to deal with as of now.
Third_of_the_Storms

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A repress of the Sturmkaiser album would be great. Not to derail the thread, but represses of Leichenzug "Meisterwerk" and Silberbach "Terror Aus Fleisch und Blut" would also be very welcome. Very Happy
GrimorthPaleblood

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Third_of_the_Storms wrote:
A repress of the Sturmkaiser album would be great.

The debut album "Mors Tua, Vita Mea" was released by Nebelklang some years ago on CD and it's still up for sale on Discogs for bargain prices.

https://www.discogs.com/Sturmkaiser-Mors-Tua-Vita-Mea/release/2405980

"Veni, Vidi, Vici" is quite hard to come by at a decent price though, as it was issued on CD once. Both albums need a vinyl repress though, and maybe a compilation which compiles the 1st demo, the split with Vidharr and the "1945" EP would be neat too.
No Return

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veni Vidi Vici is great, really no bad songs on that album
Rabenschwarzes Königreich

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A monumental band without a doubt, even though the drum machine on their early releases puts me off more often than not. "Veni, Vidi, Vici" is their undisputed opus for me, epic war-themed metal at its peak. I wished they would've carried on longer though.

DTBRex wrote:
Maybe I should contact Svafnir and see what he's up to and whether or not any re-press of SK would be of interest to him.

Hopefully he'll be. It would also be useful to know whether the band has been put to sleep for good or whether there'll be new material at some point in the future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: