P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Obsessed by Cruelty
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which version do you prefer?
Metal Blade
25%
 25%  [ 16 ]
Steamhammer
74%
 74%  [ 46 ]
Total Votes : 62

throneofmight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hymnsoftheneedlefreak wrote:
axebix wrote:

Your attention to details and the little things is very solid and accurate. OBC birthed it, Vomitor took the flag and ran with it. There is just something about the Steamhammer version that sounds so South American and that is why it just rips so much.

I thought I was the only one that smelled the south american vibe on it! Cool
axebix

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

throneofmight wrote:
axebix wrote:

Your attention to details and the little things is very solid and accurate. OBC birthed it, Vomitor took the flag and ran with it. There is just something about the Steamhammer version that sounds so South American and that is why it just rips so much.

Sure thing, it's obvious when you listen to the riffing of Holocausto for example. Lunatic ugliness and chaos. Sodom was perhaps the most influential European black metal band for SA black black death(core), they even made it to the INRI cover.

Same for Deathcrush.
throneofmight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

axebix wrote:
throneofmight wrote:
axebix wrote:

Sure thing, it's obvious when you listen to the riffing of Holocausto for example. Lunatic ugliness and chaos. Sodom was perhaps the most influential European black metal band for SA black black death(core), they even made it to the INRI cover.

Same for Deathcrush.

Another album in which, for me at least, there is a strong OBC influence is Sepultura's Morbid Visions.
Final Holocaust

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both, one is more "metallic" and corrosive and the other more pounding, caveman, unhinged and ugly. And also features "After the Deluge".
Thought this was going to be a song poll. I'd choose "Proselytism Real", "Nuctemeron" or "Equinox" just for the bass solo alone. The "Stay Clean" of desssss metal.

And something I really enjoy: years have passed and it's still one of my most listened records - still there are some parts I don't really get/understand (i.e. "Fall of Majesty Town"). Fuck me, one of the most perfect releases in metal history. Missing the Metal Blade one on vinyl, one of my main main wants.
axebix

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

throneofmight wrote:
axebix wrote:
throneofmight wrote:
axebix wrote:

Same for Deathcrush.

Another album in which, for me at least, there is a strong OBC influence is Sepultura's Morbid Visions.

Absolutely. Always felt Bestial Devastation had more different influences, but on Morbid Visions it's Obsessed by Cruelty. INRI is more In the Sign of Evil spectrum.

It's a shame that the art of weird and chaotic primitive metal is lost. This one, Rrr÷÷÷aaarrr, all the albums we mentioned... Not much of that these days.

I wonder if any 80s American black death metal bands had a clear OBC influence. I can connect it with AOD but it was recorded in May, so there's no way. Guess there wasn't as much place for other things (except Frost) when you have Slayer and Possessed.
CR99

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

axebix wrote:

It's a shame that the art of weird and chaotic primitive metal is lost. This one, Rrr÷÷÷aaarrr, all the albums we mentioned... Not much of that these days.

Too many smarty pants in the scene, not enough coal miners!
axebix

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:
axebix wrote:

Too many smarty pants in the scene, not enough coal miners!

Very true!

By the way, does anyone know about who are the lyrics of title track? Whose revenge gets cruel?
axebix

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More OBC nagging... Here are the two suspects which I believe were the definitive influence on the cover art:

And of course

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: