P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Burzum re-releases
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Resonant Serpent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lemegethon wrote:
Why don't the first two Satyricon albums get released on vinyl?

I had a friend ask Satyr about this during the last US tour. Apparently, he thinks the older albums are shit, the newer ones are much better, and doesn't understand why everyone wants a reprint. Also, he took flak in the past for some of the content. After the butchering that the Nemesis Devina reissue took, I doubt I'd even want a reissue of the early material.

And, I'm sure it was different in the European countries, but stores in the US almost never stocked black metal cds. You had to order them on import, and something like Dark Medieval Times ran me 30.00. Coil or Current 93 would run you 40.00+. You'd get some things cheaper, like Emperor, but most of it cost much more than a regular cd.
lemegethon
banned

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resonant Serpent wrote:
lemegethon wrote:
Why don't the first two Satyricon albums get released on vinyl?

I had a friend ask Satyr about this during the last US tour. Apparently, he thinks the older albums are shit, the newer ones are much better, and doesn't understand why everyone wants a reprint. Also, he took flak in the past for some of the content. After the butchering that the Nemesis Devina reissue took, I doubt I'd even want a reissue of the early material.

And, I'm sure it was different in the European countries, but stores in the US almost never stocked black metal cds. You had to order them on import, and something like Dark Medieval Times ran me 30.00. Coil or Current 93 would run you 40.00+. You'd get some things cheaper, like Emperor, but most of it cost much more than a regular cd.

Why would you buy CDs from a store and what was the relevance of that chapter to vinyl re-releases of the albums?
HerrTreblinka

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save for the Satyricon offtopic (which should be a different one), my overall impression from reading the comments here is that the Misanthropy reissues are overall reasonable. I was thinking of getting the 2008 Filosofem reissue (which is pretty cheap in an actual music store close to me, around 20 euros or so), but since it didn't have a specific mastering for that format...
Shiru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, probably uou need speak all time to Satyr how many bootlegs there is, or how much people pay for those first albums, and he would finally rerelease those
Resonant Serpent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lemegethon wrote:

Why would you buy CDs from a store and what was the relevance of that chapter to vinyl re-releases of the albums?

Yeah, two different subjects.

I'm talking about how much I had to pay when these were originally released. You could do mail order, but it was really hit and miss. At least I could trust the stores that I'd get what I paid for.
TEKWRX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I got into black metal in '94-95, and the only black metal stuff you could find in regular store in the US was stuff released on Peaceville or Century Black (Media) My first BM album was "A Blaze in the Northern Sky" followed by Emperor/Enslaved Split. I did find a small mom & pop record store that carried vinyl and actually had the first Absu LP on the shelf. I asked the owner about it and he said he had another customer who was into death/black metal so he started stocking a few things. He let me look at his distributor list and order any LPs I wanted. Back then I was just out of high school without much money, so I bought everything on vinyl because it was usually about $5-10 cheaper than the import CD. I'm glad it worked out like that, because I was able to get a bunch of Burzum, Satyricon, Immortal, Darkthrone and other first press albums for less than $15 each. I still have them all Smile Good times....

Back on topic, like everybody says, stay away from the early BoB Burzum releases, but I have the later Filosofem and it sounds fine.
hreodbeorht

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hreodbeorht wrote:
Not Burzum but ditto on the lapsed picking up of classics: anyone know where I might find a cheapish copy of Dark Medieval Times on CD (Moonfog, unless there are other versions with the proper cover art?) All I ever seem to find for sensible prices (don't want to spend in excess of 15 and not too much on shipping to UK if it can be helped!) is the Russian re-issue, and I want the vastly superior original artwork, not that stupid black cover.

Just picked up Moonfog DMT on Ebay for 18.99 with free postage, not bad!
JuhoN

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lemegethon wrote:
I got all of them (except Det som engang var, cause I don't like it) from Back on Black, the 2008 editions. Some people complain about 1 or more of the 2005 releases, but always say: but the 2008 edition sounds fine.

2008 sounds good, but vinyl cover doesnt looks good because it's pixelate
TheDark

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding Satyricon, on their last US tour they played Walk The Path Of Sorrow, but that was the only one from the first two albums.

Anyone here actually have the Dark Medieval Times or Shadowthrone original vinyls?
Let the pain always stay with you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: