P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Bardo Methodology "zine"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
the_swarm



Joined: 16 Sep 2014
Posts: 803

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Irish death metal defiance – Dublin-based Vircolac draw inspiration from a national history rife with bereavement and rebellion. Drummer NH explains the funerary rites of a people having been granted plenty of practice.

http://www.bardomethodology.com/articles/2019/03/21/vircolac-interview/
_________________
http://w-t-c.org/
https://www.facebook.com/W.T.C.Productions
https://www.facebook.com/BlutundEisenProd
https://wtcproductions.bandcamp.com/
www.bardomethodology.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the_swarm



Joined: 16 Sep 2014
Posts: 803

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Louise Brown is a British music journalist who once edited publications such as Terrorizer and Iron Fist. In a candid retrospective, we explore the ride which culminated with her unceremonious exodus from the metal media.

http://www.bardomethodology.com/articles/2019/03/27/louise-brown-interview
_________________
http://w-t-c.org/
https://www.facebook.com/W.T.C.Productions
https://www.facebook.com/BlutundEisenProd
https://wtcproductions.bandcamp.com/
www.bardomethodology.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hreodbeorht



Joined: 23 Feb 2018
Posts: 378
Location: Hampshire, UK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_swarm wrote:
Quote:
Louise Brown is a British music journalist who once edited publications such as Terrorizer and Iron Fist. In a candid retrospective, we explore the ride which culminated with her unceremonious exodus from the metal media.

http://www.bardomethodology.com/articles/2019/03/27/louise-brown-interview


That was an interesting read - Louise was good enough to give my old band an Incoming spot in an early (maybe even #1?) Iron Fist issue on the basis of our 50 copy Xeroxed demo tape. Good insight into how these magazines are run too, although ZT are just as guilty of pay-to-play in my eyes - sent them their requested 3 copies of a release for review and the only response I got was a cut-and-paste email 'offering' me a covermount CD track for something like Ł500!
_________________
Rural vibes http://wapentake.bandcamp.com

PanzerGeneral wrote:

I am expecting nothing less than the album of "current year"!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the_swarm



Joined: 16 Sep 2014
Posts: 803

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sektarism is an improvisational convergence of droning funeral doom. French underground veterans N. Kapalika and Eklezjas’Tik Berzerk explain that feeding the egregore is how one keeps the ritual alive.

http://www.bardomethodology.com/articles/2019/04/04/sektarism-interview/
_________________
http://w-t-c.org/
https://www.facebook.com/W.T.C.Productions
https://www.facebook.com/BlutundEisenProd
https://wtcproductions.bandcamp.com/
www.bardomethodology.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tireheb



Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 11845
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Issue #5 in stock.

So far only read Blasphemy and Clandestine Blaze. It's good to read something little bit more out of the ordinary from these bands. Hopefully on weekend finally can read out more.
Mystifier I only checked that does he complain about Burzum or Graveland and did not disappoint. Laughing
_________________
OUT OF THE DUNGEON label website and distrolist:
https://outofthedungeon.net/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
OY905



Joined: 04 Mar 2015
Posts: 153
Location: Tangie Town

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_swarm wrote:
Quote:
Sektarism is an improvisational convergence of droning funeral doom. French underground veterans N. Kapalika and Eklezjas’Tik Berzerk explain that feeding the egregore is how one keeps the ritual alive.

http://www.bardomethodology.com/articles/2019/04/04/sektarism-interview/


I remember reading the Abominatio Desolationis interview and thinking that this would be another run-of-the-mill blck metal band but then listened to La mort de l'infidčle and was gladly surprised. Need to give Fils de Dieu a listen Twisted Evil
_________________
evilmetalfanzine.bigcartel.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
NWN PROD



Joined: 10 May 2006
Posts: 24056
Location: SF Bay Area

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hreodbeorht wrote:
the_swarm wrote:
Quote:
Louise Brown is a British music journalist who once edited publications such as Terrorizer and Iron Fist. In a candid retrospective, we explore the ride which culminated with her unceremonious exodus from the metal media.

http://www.bardomethodology.com/articles/2019/03/27/louise-brown-interview


That was an interesting read - Louise was good enough to give my old band an Incoming spot in an early (maybe even #1?) Iron Fist issue on the basis of our 50 copy Xeroxed demo tape. Good insight into how these magazines are run too, although ZT are just as guilty of pay-to-play in my eyes - sent them their requested 3 copies of a release for review and the only response I got was a cut-and-paste email 'offering' me a covermount CD track for something like Ł500!


She was very helpful in promoting NWN Fests when she was still working for Terrorizer. It sort of fell apart once she left that magazine. Lisa at Zero Tolerance is great as well and very supportive of underground fests and gigs.
_________________
I don't read DMs.

Contact: nwnprod@gmail.com
Web: https://shop.nwnprod.com/collections/new-arrivals

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the_swarm



Joined: 16 Sep 2014
Posts: 803

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Cold fury and flaming divinity: the nameless artist masterminding French black metal project Drastus believes that one must fully banish the spell of God within to elude the guardians of secular law.

http://www.bardomethodology.com/articles/2019/04/11/drastus-interview/
_________________
http://w-t-c.org/
https://www.facebook.com/W.T.C.Productions
https://www.facebook.com/BlutundEisenProd
https://wtcproductions.bandcamp.com/
www.bardomethodology.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
snakenuts



Joined: 05 Dec 2014
Posts: 1999
Location: Land of the Rising Man-Bun

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_swarm wrote:
Quote:
Cold fury and flaming divinity: the nameless artist masterminding French black metal project Drastus believes that one must fully banish the spell of God within to elude the guardians of secular law.

http://www.bardomethodology.com/articles/2019/04/11/drastus-interview/


This interview didnt make it into Issue 5, did it? My copy arrived yesterday but haven't had a chance to run through it yet.
_________________
Walking's good. Fighting's better. Fucking's best.
"Vinyl's making a comeback, you know!" "Yeah. For Cunts"
Sending off Buffon is like shooting Bambi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
:AJNA:



Joined: 11 Aug 2009
Posts: 233

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:56 pm    Post subject: Now in stock! Reply with quote

Ave.

:AJNA: now has copies of issue 5 in stock. Copies of issue 4 and 3 are also in stock with a restock of issue 1 on the way, again.

All pre-orders will go out by Monday at the latest, although we'll do our best to get as many out tomorrow (Friday the 12th) as possible.

In time...
_________________
www.theajnaoffensive.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the_swarm



Joined: 16 Sep 2014
Posts: 803

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Reckless abandon and ceremonial oaths — a prosperous career cemented by sacrifice. Christofer Johnsson is a Swedish musician and esotericist known primarily for his work with symphonic metal pioneers Therion.

http://www.bardomethodology.com/articles/2019/04/17/therion-interview/
_________________
http://w-t-c.org/
https://www.facebook.com/W.T.C.Productions
https://www.facebook.com/BlutundEisenProd
https://wtcproductions.bandcamp.com/
www.bardomethodology.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Necrocosm



Joined: 06 Mar 2016
Posts: 20

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OY905 wrote:
the_swarm wrote:
Quote:
Sektarism is an improvisational convergence of droning funeral doom. French underground veterans N. Kapalika and Eklezjas’Tik Berzerk explain that feeding the egregore is how one keeps the ritual alive.

http://www.bardomethodology.com/articles/2019/04/04/sektarism-interview/


I remember reading the Abominatio Desolationis interview and thinking that this would be another run-of-the-mill blck metal band but then listened to La mort de l'infidčle and was gladly surprised. Need to give Fils de Dieu a listen Twisted Evil


You should, it's the best album of Sektarism so far!
_________________
Death Is Art


NECROCOSM Distribution & Production of Dark & Extreme Underground Arts!

www.necrocosm.org
https://necrocosm.bandcamp.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7nrzsD27DOh61tG6f2ze5Q
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the_swarm



Joined: 16 Sep 2014
Posts: 803

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Stephen Lockhart – the Irishman behind Rebirth of Nefast – discusses his new festival venture, Ascension, and various other activities, as well as whatever influence they might have wrought upon the phenomenon of Icelandic black metal.

http://www.bardomethodology.com/articles/2019/04/25/rebirth-of-nefast-interview-2/
_________________
http://w-t-c.org/
https://www.facebook.com/W.T.C.Productions
https://www.facebook.com/BlutundEisenProd
https://wtcproductions.bandcamp.com/
www.bardomethodology.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the_swarm



Joined: 16 Sep 2014
Posts: 803

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Old Tower presents reality-transcending ethereal darkness in musical form. The project’s architect – a man known only as The Specter – speaks of the mortal terror which serves as inspiration, and why he now shuns the dungeon synth moniker.

http://www.bardomethodology.com/articles/2019/05/01/old-tower-interview/
_________________
http://w-t-c.org/
https://www.facebook.com/W.T.C.Productions
https://www.facebook.com/BlutundEisenProd
https://wtcproductions.bandcamp.com/
www.bardomethodology.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
translucent_nick



Joined: 23 May 2018
Posts: 836
Location: Hellas.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_swarm wrote:


About the Blasphemy interview found on issue #5, all the guys who are hungry for Blasphemy "criminal / spicy" stories, can full up their appetite, with all the stories/incidents shared.
I think only Sad Ex are more crazy and chaotic on the "stories" department - I can't think of any other band.

However, there's is point that it seems that 'Black Winds' confuse the issue, and that is logical, 'cause this is many years after, and back in 1993 there were a lot going on within the band :

He is talking about the Denmark concert of "Gods Of War Spring 1993" tour, where is well known HE WASN'T PERFORMED ON THAT CONCERT - see for your selves :

Crash, Freiburg, Germany [3/28/1993]:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gvmvhfVo0E
With Black Winds.

Juz, Leonberg, Germany [3/29/1993]:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3XdA4m9eVI
With Black Winds.

Jukebox, Norrköping, Sweden [3/31/1993]:
Maybe THIS was his last concert of the tour - was this the gig together with Marduk?

Barbue, Copenhagen, Denmark [4/1/1993]:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zocKO6ZleDw
NO BLACK WINDS, 'TILL THE END OF THE TOUR - reportedly he was sent back to Canada - scroll down here, for an interview with Ace Gustapo :

http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=64436&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=990
_________________
"What's with the girly screams? We are not The Beatles" - Black Winds.
“The earth has a skin and that skin has diseases; one of its diseases is called man.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 25 of 28

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group