P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Norma Evangelium Diaboli
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Norma Evangelium Diaboli
Katharsis - Kruzifixxion
14%
 14%  [ 33 ]
Funeral Mist - Salvation
17%
 17%  [ 40 ]
Watain - Casus Luciferi
7%
 7%  [ 17 ]
Deathspell Omega - Si Monvmentvm Reqvires, Circvmspice.
26%
 26%  [ 61 ]
Ofermod - MystÚrion TÚs Anomias
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Deathspell Omega - KÚn˘se
5%
 5%  [ 12 ]
Katharsis - VVorldVVithoutEnd
18%
 18%  [ 43 ]
Antaeus - Blood Libels
3%
 3%  [ 9 ]
Deathspell Omega - Fas ľ Ite, Maledicti, In Ignem Aeternum
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Watain - Sworn To The Dark
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 230

KALITAS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frozen wrote:
Desolatio wrote:
KALITAS wrote:
No label has ever come close to DSP. Maybe Norma had the potential years ago but sorry, no. All other labels mentioned are even worse, a joke (Werewolf? Seriously?).

In my opinion NED exceeded DSP. Euronymous might have put out incredible and timeless music, but there was never an ideological cohesion among the bands, the only purpose was releasing anti-trendy and dark, high quality music. NED existed to spread a more coherent message with the result of inspiring a whole swarm of individuals and bands, pointing them towards a more precise thing.

Norma Evangelium Diaboli realised Euronymous' dream. It's that simple.

I wish people today could behold this magnificent image and feel massive the impact it had upon its release. It is probably the single most copied album art in the history of black metal.

Come on, dude. I have to give you credit for creating the very few interesting topics in this board but please quit posting personal opinions as it were universal truths.

Also I hope I'm misunderstanding you because I don't think Euronymous dream was to release an album that started a trend in Black Metal and which is anyway nothing but the shadow of another one (DMDS, obv). He was way more ambitious than that.
Good deals with: AbyssmalXI, A.P.I, behherit, Bostitch, deathster, Final Holocaust, Gangraen, gasskammer, harmless, In Solitude, isellmycollection, krakentorso, Pim, power_hazard, SkullKrusher, Syrragh, TarMorion, Zaephar.
Pinhas

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spektrale_Schattenlichter wrote:
rthdx wrote:
Sinvocation wrote:
Katharsis - Kruzifixxion: Quite possibly one of the shittiest black metal albums ever. Strikingly dull in every way.

This x 666.

You guys...

If anyone wants to trade this splendid abomnation of an album on LP I'm game.

even if i don't come back to that album often these days it's still very good. a tad bit too monotonous maybe if listened to the whole lp. what it may lack in variation it more than makes up in pitch black atmosphere and fierceness though. lyrics and presentation are excellent.
The third of the storms

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted Salvation, but Kruzifixxion comes close.
Desolatio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinhas wrote:
rthdx wrote:
Sinvocation wrote:
Katharsis - Kruzifixxion: Quite possibly one of the shittiest black metal albums ever. Strikingly dull in every way.

This x 666.

You guys...

even if i don't come back to that album often these days it's still very good. a tad bit too monotonous maybe if listened to the whole lp. what it may lack in variation it more than makes up in pitch black atmosphere and fierceness though. lyrics and presentation are excellent.

The first three tracks put me in a murderous mood, the remaining three feel a bit underwhelming.

I don't really see much difference between Kruzifixxion and VVVVE, in the sense that the former has a rawer recording than the latter, but the fury and chaos remain.
Desolatio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KALITAS wrote:
Frozen wrote:
Desolatio wrote:
KALITAS wrote:
No label has ever come close to DSP. Maybe Norma had the potential years ago but sorry, no. All other labels mentioned are even worse, a joke (Werewolf? Seriously?).

In my opinion NED exceeded DSP. Euronymous might have put out incredible and timeless music, but there was never an ideological cohesion among the bands, the only purpose was releasing anti-trendy and dark, high quality music. NED existed to spread a more coherent message with the result of inspiring a whole swarm of individuals and bands, pointing them towards a more precise thing.

I wish people today could behold this magnificent image and feel massive the impact it had upon its release. It is probably the single most copied album art in the history of black metal.

Come on, dude. I have to give you credit for creating the very few interesting topics in this board but please quit posting personal opinions as it were universal truths.

Also I hope I'm misunderstanding you because I don't think Euronymous dream was to release an album that started a trend in Black Metal and which is anyway nothing but the shadow of another one (DMDS, obv). He was way more ambitious than that.

I think he was referring to having a label ideologically based on a certain type of Satanism, which Euronymous was actively promoting back in the days (though with a more naive approach). Imo we shouldn't give too much credit to trends, the majority of bands formed at the beginning of 90s were people who jumped on a bandwagon and imitators to different extents. That is the way things go, truly individual and outstanding bands/albums tend to attract a mass of followers, and the early 00s proved that even if records are limited to 100 copies that still happens.
Frozen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desolatio wrote:
KALITAS wrote:
Frozen wrote:
Desolatio wrote:
KALITAS wrote:

I think he was referring to having a label ideologically based on a certain type of Satanism, which Euronymous was actively promoting back in the days (though with a more naive approach). Imo we shouldn't give too much credit to trends, the majority of bands formed at the beginning of 90s were people who jumped on a bandwagon and imitators to different extents. That is the way things go, truly individual and outstanding bands/albums tend to attract a mass of followers, and the early 00s proved that even if records are limited to 100 copies that still happens.

That is exactly what I meant, and I think you are right about trends. Powerful music will be heard, admired, and copied.
Pinhas

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desolatio wrote:
Pinhas wrote:
rthdx wrote:
Sinvocation wrote:

This x 666.

You guys...

The first three tracks put me in a murderous mood, the remaining three feel a bit underwhelming.

I don't really see much difference between Kruzifixxion and VVVVE, in the sense that the former has a rawer recording than the latter, but the fury and chaos remain.

i'd say both fury and chaos are increased considerably on wwe.
kruzifixxion is an album that's accessible right from the first listen. it's the logical continuation of 666 and very much a traditional bm album in the vein of darkthrone's uafm. wwe on the other hand is a different beast and so dense and complex that it took me many listens to really get into it. drakh's vocals were especially off-putting initially. today i consider it their masterpiece.
Frozen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drakh's screams in the beginning of The Last Wound rank among the most bone-chilling moments in black metal. He sounds absolutely horrifying.
rthdx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frozen wrote:
Drakh's screams in the beginning of The Last Wound rank among the most bone-chilling moments in black metal. He sounds absolutely horrifying.

I bet you own (wear) that (quite) early Mutiilation "i'm a slut I like to swallow I spread aids love meyhna'ch and worship satan" 3XL girly shirt. Laughing
youtube
discogs
Final Holocaust

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd definitely appreciate some recommendations in that barbaric, belligerent side of CYFAWS-DPE Antaeus. The only thing that comes close and, obviously, surpasses them is the diamond of diamonds of Norwegian BM. Zyklon-B, that is. How perfect is the relentless drumming on De Principii...
I don't get Blood Libels, too clean for my taste. And Antaeus' latest opus was just lame to me, still I really enjoy their side on the Katharsis' split somehow. Cool death metal tune.
cloud

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frozen wrote:

True. The scream in the beginning of Fist of the Northern Destroyer is good too.
cloud

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final Holocaust wrote:
I'd definitely appreciate some recommendations in that barbaric, belligerent side of CYFAWS-DPE Antaeus. The only thing that comes close and, obviously, surpasses them is the diamond of diamonds of Norwegian BM. Zyklon-B, that is. How perfect is the relentless drumming on De Principii...
I don't get Blood Libels, too clean for my taste. And Antaeus' latest opus was just lame to me, still I really enjoy their side on the Katharsis' split somehow. Cool death metal tune.

Seconded. Can't get into Blood libels and the song on Katharsis split is good, dunno why they hate it so much.

Anyways here's a recommendation:
Injekting Khaos from Greece
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHEWoiYnIXc
Snih

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for Kruzifixxion because it had the biggest impact on me. It still remains one of my favourites, can't find no flaws. Love the sound of it, it's like everything's on 11. Honorable mentinons would in no particular order be Casus Luciferi and VVorldVVithoutEnd. I just can't understand (well, I could guess) how you can dumb down your music as much as Watain have on the following albums and still stand behind it. Maybe it's just me but the riffs, melodies, whatever, are so well done on that album while the albums that followed to me mostly sound like power chord fests ľ a hyperbole, true, but I think you just can't compare. Casus Luciferi just sounds rabid.
Asura

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw, does anyone have print screens of SMNNews messageboard thread where someone who apparently was very close to DSO wrote a lot of stuff about SMRC artwork etc. That link circulated here also a year or two ago.
A lot of interesting stuff there, that he ended up deleting, before someone restored them. And now the whole board is offline.

Deathspell Omega's Artwork: http://smnnews.com/board/showthread.php?t=253348
Frozen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asura wrote:
Btw, does anyone have print screens of SMNNews messageboard thread where someone who apparently was very close to DSO wrote a lot of stuff about SMRC artwork etc. That link circulated here also a year or two ago.
A lot of interesting stuff there, that he ended up deleting, before someone restored them. And now the whole board is offline.

Deathspell Omega's Artwork: http://smnnews.com/board/showthread.php?t=253348

I would love to see that!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: