P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

"Exotic" Metal bands
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting! Time to check MA!

I'm currently reading the RAVENWOLF story. Classic story but an interesting one nonethless.
The EP in't bad at all and the demo track sounds 10 years too late but the whole band was solid.

under a funeral shroom wrote:
Black Records Matter
CR99

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feuersturm wrote:
Hello again I looked for hours and finally found it. It was Edane.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pIXWGC11bo

Hard rocking tunes. Don't care much anymore though.

Cool, never heard of it. That is very riffy and well executed, but this kind of cocky in your face HR gets on my nerves fast.
CR99

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you care about low-fi 70ies psych rock the first God Bless album from 1975 is pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jSwz4dyZB8

They had some of the craziest stage outfits:

Their later stuff is an entirely different thing and more on the commercial pop rock side of things.
CR99

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xeniteia wrote:

I've checked some bands from Mongolia and most of it is ballad Rock like most Malay bands, I'll stick to YAT-KHA when it comes to this country.

I'm listening to their first album and I like it quite a bit, thanks for the recommendation. Noisy experimental industrial folk rock? Crazy that it works out somehow.

I used to own a tape release by Hurd but it was really disappointing, mostly just AOR type of soft rock.
lemegethon
banned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard rock and heavy metal... I know not so much about, neither about thrash. I was always just looking for black metal and at that age (14-16) especially in exotic countries. I would call a country Lithuania exotic too as it was back then in the mid 90s. The guy from Anubi was a big fan of the band Katedra, so much that he sent a cassette with an album of theirs without me asking for it. Maybe you will like it. "Mors Ultima Ratio" was the title.
CR99

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lemegethon wrote:
Hard rock and heavy metal... I know not so much about, neither about thrash. I was always just looking for black metal and at that age (14-16) especially in exotic countries. I would call a country Lithuania exotic too as it was back then in the mid 90s. The guy from Anubi was a big fan of the band Katedra, so much that he sent a cassette with an album of theirs without me asking for it. Maybe you will like it.

Katedra are great dark thrash with a proggy edge. That Anubi dude has good taste, unsurprisingly. Their albums are very easy to find on LP these days.
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got one YAT-KHA record back then, bought by my mother. She saw them live back then, when the municipal government of the nearest big town was communist and all about "world music". Well, to their credit they did program good artists.

Anyway the music works as you said. It's far from any novelty effect.

On a side note, I have some funny memory about "Exotic Metal". I wrote an article about "World Metal" (i.e. non-Western Metal) for french webzine Foedus Aeternus a dozen years ago, and some French critic on a major magazine reviewing the fanzine told that my article was "stolen from the web". Well, if you think that buying records to distros or bands through email and reading aforementioned bands websites or interviews on the web, it was indeed "stolen from the web". Laughing The main thing is that I lacked background on some scenes and my writing style wasn't good, but "stolen from the internet" isn't exactly a valid criticism. Cool I guess my RESISTENCIA LPs were "stolen from the web". Laughing

Black Records Matter
lemegethon
banned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:
lemegethon wrote:
Hard rock and heavy metal... I know not so much about, neither about thrash. I was always just looking for black metal and at that age (14-16) especially in exotic countries. I would call a country Lithuania exotic too as it was back then in the mid 90s. The guy from Anubi was a big fan of the band Katedra, so much that he sent a cassette with an album of theirs without me asking for it. Maybe you will like it.

Katedra are great dark thrash with a proggy edge. That Anubi dude has good taste, unsurprisingly. Their albums are very easy to find on LP these days.

I'm actually listening to it atm. It's a bit complex so hard to get into.
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That KATEDRA record is great. Check Natus in Articulo Mortis on LP which is interesting too!

Black Records Matter
ravage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Nex Carnis from Iran. Death metal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1de8u8wGuQ8
lemegethon
banned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:
Xeniteia wrote:
Are there any good South-African HM band to check?

Raven Wolf demo 1992 is great epic power metal. "Cradle" EP 1995 has some good songwriting but also some fruity folk rock & flutes added in that might kill the enjoyment for some.

Voice Of Destruction is kind of interesting, started out as hardcore punk and then death/thrashcore. Could do without the silly moments though. I like "The Seventh" demo 1992 best.

(^both bands feature Diccon Harper of Pagan Altar fame btw.)

Odyssey's 1991 LP is pretty good.

Love Pharaons from Madagascar. I wouldn't call them "good" but I like this kind of inept noisy punk metal. And it was pretty ballsy to play any kind of anti-communist songs at that time and place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqL0OL4xmMo

Isn't Madagascar supposed to be one of the poorest African countries? What kind of poserish rich kids might these be then?
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, "poseurish rich kids" make a non-negligible part of this forum. Is it relevant here? These guys wanted to rock and they did. What more?

Black Records Matter
CR99

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lemegethon wrote:
CR99 wrote:
Xeniteia wrote:

Raven Wolf demo 1992 is great epic power metal. "Cradle" EP 1995 has some good songwriting but also some fruity folk rock & flutes added in that might kill the enjoyment for some.

Voice Of Destruction is kind of interesting, started out as hardcore punk and then death/thrashcore. Could do without the silly moments though. I like "The Seventh" demo 1992 best.

Love Pharaons from Madagascar. I wouldn't call them "good" but I like this kind of inept noisy punk metal. And it was pretty ballsy to play any kind of anti-communist songs at that time and place.

Isn't Madagascar supposed to be one of the poorest African countries? What kind of poserish rich kids might these be then?

Poor and oppressed people were able to record music all the time with enough dedication and a decent enough network. Sure it's never Iron Maiden or Metallica class of stuff but it's not the point of this thread to find the secret metal superstar, just posting interesting music from around the world.
lemegethon
banned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:
lemegethon wrote:
CR99 wrote:
Xeniteia wrote:

Poor and oppressed people were able to record music all the time with enough dedication and a decent enough network. Sure it's never Iron Maiden or Metallica class of stuff but it's not the point of this thread to find the secret metal superstar, just posting interesting music from around the world.

But we're talking about Madagascar here. Not Honduras or something.
Sarcueil

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravage wrote:
I like Nex Carnis from Iran. Death metal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1de8u8wGuQ8

The guitarist has been living here in Istanbul for the past few months though.

https://diabolizer.bandcamp.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: