P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Tinnitus...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PanzerGeneral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just don´t "PLAY AT VOLUME OF FOUR HOUNDRED BILLION NUCLEAR EXPLOSIONS OR DIE" without ear protection.
darkdescentrecords

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had it for a number of years. Most of the time it doesn't even affect me...kind of tuned it out. As some have said, staying hydrated, lowering your bp, etc can all affect it.
JDC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got this ever so slightly but I consider myself lucky due to the amount of loud shows I’ve been to now without ear plugs. Now I wear em almost every time. My father has it bad. War will do that
ToadstoolMoon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had it in my left ear ever since I was 15, after forgetting to turn down the volume knob on my first guitar amp and then turning it on on full volume. Luckily it's not too loud and the way to easily live with it for me is just not thinking about it. Had some basic medical treatment and it was for no use.
The third of the storms

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it from earphones when i was 14 or something, luckily it's not that bad so mostly i can ignore it but sometimes it reminds itself. Very high EEEEE constantly....
Blight

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had it since I was about three years old due to a double ear infection. I guess I just learned to live with it, but then again I don't remember what it was like to not have it. It gets really noticeable when I'm hungover so the hydration thing mentioned earlier makes complete sense.
Marlboro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should have done a vs poll with Eye Floaters.
Ihslahm

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had it for over 30 years now and it is still annoying, but I am used to it for the most part. When I first got it it was not that loud and it still freaked me out. I dealt with it then by being wasted and listening to loud music all the time. I pretty much always had music on to drown it out. In my 20's I started getting more into drone/noise music and made a connection between the music and the tinnitus constant ring and started experiments of going to sleep or meditating while listening to nothing other than paying a lot of attention to the droning ringing. Over the years that has definitely helped lower my stress related to hearing ringing literally ALL the time (it is loud enough that I can hear it at a loud concert or rehearsal if I have my earplugs in).
As far as how loud it is, I am convinced after three decades, for the most part it is always the same volume, but your stress level and the places you focus your mind on change how easily you ignore it. Anything stress related makes the ringing a bigger irritation, and therefor more noticeable. Caffeine or other drugs can make you more anxious and then make the ringing more noticeable. Whatever way you can release stress makes the ringing blend into the background (at least for me). What works for one person might not work for another. There was a time when walking in nature cause me a lot of anxiousness because hearing the ringing over the rusting wind was just so unnatural it made my stress go through the roof. Eventually after getting used to the ringing more, now walks in nature are really calming and I listen through the ringing and the rustling wind sounds pleasant.
There is still not 100% understanding of the causes of tinnitus, but generally it is believed to be caused by hairs in your inner ear dying, and when they send no signal to the brain, the brain creates a phantom sound. There has been some interesting recent research into trying to stimulate the dead cells back to life, and the hope that if they were to regrow the ringing would stop. As far as I know that is the only thing that seems like a real path to stopping the phenomena and it doesn't seem too likely the treatment would be available and affordable any time soon.
Increased exposure or loud sounds will continue to make the ringing worse. More frequencies will die off and as that happens the volume of the ringing will get louder. Avoid this by wearing earplugs when needed, avoid listening to music on headphones, avoid stimulants when listening to loud music, and all that kind of stuff.

good information here: http://www.betterhearing.org/hearingpedia/hearing-loss-prevention/tinnitus

On a related note, I occasionally have Diplacusis (hearing the same sound at different pitches in each ear) which is about 1000 times more fucked than tinnitus. Fortunately when it happens to me it goes away after a few hours and only recurs a few times a year. It makes music completely out of tune, hard to decipher what is going on, and makes me somewhat disoriented.
Widdershins

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've abused my hearing so badly over the years, it's amazing to me I don't have this somehow....or maybe I do and I just don't realize it, and it's already blended into something I'm used to.

Nächtlich ‎– Twin Pillars Of Nocturnal Hatred lp

Maniac Butcher- Barbarians cassette

Chaos Cascade / Putrescent Fog: Nuclear Cremation / Post-Mortal Desecrator tape
rthdx

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, always percieved those who use earplugs at shows as fucking posers. Very Happy If you have health problems (or care about them), stay away from loud places (and better extreme music in the first place), simple as that. That shit is absolutely not popular here, though. Witnessing that in Europe actually was a significant moment for opinion formation concerning average metal fanbase abroad. Confused
youtube
discogs
Hellfire Commando

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have had tinnitus since 2005. I also have some kind of "overhearing" problem, where all harsh and high notes sound even louder - apparently it comes often with tinnitus. It grows harsher when I'm stressed out or tired.

I got used to it, but it took me many years.

The way I got it? By seeing Judas Priest without earplugs in a huge stadium, right in front of the speakers. My ears rang like crazy for weeks after that, and I was diagnosed with tinnitus. Why I did it? Because I wanted to see my favorite band without earplugs, for the maximum experience! Stupid move on my part

Now I always carry an extra pair of earplugs at shows now in case my friends need them.
Ichneumon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWO wrote:
I always have ear plugs at shows and it makes me feel like a dork but personally I am too paranoid about the potential hearning damage...

I'd rather feel like a dork than have ringing ears for the rest of my life. Protect your fucking hearing people.
Arrogant Destruktor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rthdx wrote:
Honestly, always percieved those who use earplugs at shows as fucking posers. Very Happy If you have health problems (or care about them), stay away from loud places (and better extreme music in the first place), simple as that. That shit is absolutely not popular here, though. Witnessing that in Europe actually was a significant moment for opinion formation concerning average metal fanbase abroad. Confused

How old are you? Rolling Eyes
rthdx

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrogant Destruktor wrote:

37. Rolling Eyes
youtube
discogs
Arrogant Destruktor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rthdx wrote:
Arrogant Destruktor wrote:

37. Rolling Eyes

I don't think that if you have health problems (or hearing problems) that you should stay away from extreme music, I find that an odd statement.

If you have lived until 37 and not experienced health problems then you can count yourself lucky.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: