P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Emperor Vinyl Re-issues - Candlelight
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
hymnsoftheneedlefreak wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:
Is the BOB version of ITNE, that much of a piece of shit?

No.

I hear the vinyl purists on here always trashing BOB so I was curious.

No matter how many record labels get invented up, don't they all have to use like the same 3 vinyl pressing plants anyways? That right there should answer most all vinyl sound quality questions.

Lot more than that, and at each there can be various levels of quality depending how much you spend.

---
Deals/trades with : Al Infierno,amon-goethe, bearsbearsbears, cwprod, dethronewilliam, Hidden38, hume, hymnsoftheneedlefreak, jerry666, lordpazuzu, , mrgoatimus, nok, snakenuts, wirelessdarkness, xyosefx .
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An earlier poster said the BOB version was shitty and just wanted to see others input on it. I'll probably get this reissue since I missed the last Candlelight one.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An earlier poster said the BOB version was shitty and just wanted to see others input on it. I'll probably get this reissue since I missed the last Candlelight one.

I had both for a bit... had the BOB version from its release time period, was fine for years, bought the Candlelight one here when they came out... minor sleeve differences with the layout, otherwise same color, same thing... I gave the BOB version to a good friend into Emperor just starting his vinyl pursuits (Nightside Eclipse and Anthems albums)

I honestly wasn't able to discern any differences. Quality was pretty much the same for both.
REZ

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I get good standalone reissue of WRATH OF THE TYRANT?
gordeth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlevinKelevra wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:
Is the BOB version of ITNE, that much of a piece of shit?

No.

I hear the vinyl purists on here always trashing BOB so I was curious.

No matter how many record labels get invented up, don't they all have to use like the same 3 vinyl pressing plants anyways? That right there should answer most all vinyl sound quality questions.

Lot more than that, and at each there can be various levels of quality depending how much you spend.

Plus, the sound quality depends on more than just where it's pressed.

I went ahead and pre-ordered this from Amazon when the price dropped to $24. I don't want to miss out on this one like I did the last one and that price is a steal compared to what the Candlelight pressings go for now.
Roc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A local record shop had the recent Spinefarm vinyl reissue of In the Nightside Eclipse. Decided to buy it today. Just listened to it and it sounds really good!! This has been one of my favorite black metal albums since it came out. I've only owned the first press US CD and other CD remastered editions. As for the CD's, I prefer the sound of the original pressing, but this recent vinyl reissue was definitely the best listening experience I've had with this album. Everything just sounds much clearer and mixed really well. The artwork and layout look really nice too. Definitely glad I got it! Has anyone else here gotten it? What do you think?
gordeth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roc wrote:
A local record shop had the recent Spinefarm vinyl reissue of In the Nightside Eclipse. Decided to buy it today. Just listened to it and it sounds really good!! This has been one of my favorite black metal albums since it came out. I've only owned the first press US CD and other CD remastered editions. As for the CD's, I prefer the sound of the original pressing, but this recent vinyl reissue was definitely the best listening experience I've had with this album. Everything just sounds much clearer and mixed really well. The artwork and layout look really nice too. Definitely glad I got it! Has anyone else here gotten it? What do you think?

Yes, I received it on Friday from Amazon (in perfect condition, I might add). I haven't had a chance to compare it to my CD copies but I really can't imagine this album sounding any better than it does on this new pressing. I even had the same thought that you had about it being the best listening experience.
Roc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gordeth wrote:
Roc wrote:

Yes, I received it on Friday from Amazon (in perfect condition, I might add). I haven't had a chance to compare it to my CD copies but I really can't imagine this album sounding any better than it does on this new pressing. I even had the same thought that you had about it being the best listening experience.

Awesome!! Yeah, it was such a nostalgic experience sitting with the LP, listening and reading the lyrics, and the music just sounding better than ever! Looking forward to future spins. Normally not into colored vinyl either but the blue looks nice.
VOTHANA666

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...again? I suppose it's gonna be a couple of months til the next reissues
PanzerGeneral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where would one go if one wanted to buy one of these!? Discogs have them - but cant find it anywhere else? Nothing at Candlelight - nothing at Spinefarm. Almost as hard to get as some Ancient Skjold thingy chopped in stone….
.kM

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PanzerGeneral wrote:
Where would one go if one wanted to buy one of these!? Discogs have them - but cant find it anywhere else? Nothing at Candlelight - nothing at Spinefarm. Almost as hard to get as some Ancient Skjold thingy chopped in stone….

HRR
PanzerGeneral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.kM wrote:
PanzerGeneral wrote:

HRR
Silly me! Cheers!
Roc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So yesterday I went back to the shop and picked up the Spinefarm LP reissue of Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk also. The sound on this one for me really isn't all that much better when compared to the CD. I think the mix has a lot to do with it because the drums and vocals are still buried in the mix. Could have done without this one. I like the sound of the reissue of In the Nightside Eclipse much more.
adlianb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

already got the pic LP box set but tempted to get the spinefarm reissue of nightaside and anthem. is there any diff sound mix compared to that pic LP version?
MrGoatimus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adlianb wrote:
already got the pic LP box set but tempted to get the spinefarm reissue of nightaside and anthem. is there any diff sound mix compared to that pic LP version?

I can pretty much guarantee it sounds better than a picture disk. I have never heard a picture disk I liked because the sound quality is almost always worse. Picture disks are more about decoration than serious listening.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: