P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

AGATHOCLES Interview: Legendary Mincecore/Grindcore band

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hallucinating Death

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:42 am    Post subject: AGATHOCLES Interview: Legendary Mincecore/Grindcore band Reply with quote

Interview with Jan of the legendary Belgian Mincecore/Grindcore band AGATHOCLES

"MINCE CORE is the same as old school grindcore, the way it was in the 80's, raw, minimalistic and socially and politically involved."

"I make the songs on an acoustic guitar, record them and write them down and at the rehearsal I explain the song to the others. It's a fast way of working."

"Writing the music takes not that much energy, writing the lyrics for all these songs is much more difficult."

"I myself have been working as a social worker for 14 years now, for an organisation for and with people with a disability."
iron tyrant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their self-righteous mentality always gave me the creeps. The only AG stuff I own is always for the band on the flip.

Professor Black wrote:
NWOBHM is not a style of music.
templedclxvi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do like some of their works, but that kind of crybaby mentality is fucking pathetic. boohoo, right wing this, nazism that, fascism everywhere. i dont give a FUCK about politics and these guys are bit too political for me in all their political correctiveness. Fuck you PC faggots.
BOOK BURNING

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those politically correct pansies...
They should join EU and Benetton for their antiracist campaigns.
Humus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the same as all the right winged black metal bands, I don't care about the message so I'll listen to it anyway. Over the top yeah, like most metalbands. And they're not so overtly idealistic that they couldn't make a split with Mad Max and Worship.
Which frontman asks for applause for the toilet lady at a concert anyway haha.
Psicoterror

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I met Jan a couple of years ago when they played here. I should say, the guy is a paranoid asshole who sees everything in terms of "racism", fascism, and became totally mad when I mentioned him that my favourite acts from his country was Ancient Rites. Jan started to talk shit about Gunther Theys and everything he had done, not only with Ancient Rites but also with his skinhead band Lion's Pride.
Jan started to make assumptions about me just because of how I do actually look without even knowing me personally. The detonator of this was because I was wearing a Revenge t-shirt with the title: "Victory.Intolerance.Mastery", and because my head is shaven.
That guy behaves like a hippie, I just cannot believe that actually he could stay doing supposedly "extreme" music when their lyrics are far from being extreme.
I would have punched the guy's face for being such as pacifist hippie but some friends of mine were actually the organizers...
Anyway, one of these morons killed himself some time ago...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: