P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

question about registered packages to non-u.s. countries
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peterott

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper's Grave wrote:
It's ridiculous 24-30% taxes on top of shipping that kills mailorder and tape trade in metal to begin with, i'd understand something under than 5% of total. Who wants to pay an addition $24 for something they bought for $100 + postage?

Just mark everything as gift, it saves a lot of hassle.

Well, I was now perhaps 30-40 times at the custom office in the past years, so these people know my face. It doesn't matter if it is marked as gift or not. I had to pay my shit. Don't know if other Germans have the same experience. But when I open the parcel at the custom office, the first thing they ask for: Do I have a bill/recipe for it ? No ? Then ask the sender to sent a bill/recipe, even if it is marked as gift...

As for the 24%: You haven't paid VAT (Mehrwertsteuer) in your own country, so this gets charged on the value. Be it CDs/LPs, a car, sportshoes or what not else. The VAT has to be paid also in the country you are living. That's 19% in Germany

And the remaining custom-tax is basically used for different kinds of shipments. DVDs/CDs/LPs have currently 3.5% custom-tax (ok, so it's 22.5% total, not 24% as mentioned above in my first posting), while a shirt has 12% custom-tax. These rates are depending on the trading-volume out of the country, and other piss-and-shit factors I don't understand.
(for the completely sick list: http://www.zoll.de/faq/postverkehr/postverkehr/index.html#post8)
CR99

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterott wrote:

Well, I was now perhaps 30-40 times at the custom office in the past years

never

Quote:
It doesn't matter if it is marked as gift or not.

yes

Quote:
I had to pay my shit. Don't know if other Germans have the same experience. But when I open the parcel at the custom office, the first thing they ask for: Do I have a bill/recipe for it ? No ? Then ask the sender to sent a bill/recipe, even if it is marked as gift...

no, yes, yes, yes

maybe the essener customs are special or something but I have recieved hundreds of declarations over the years, always solved them via mail and never had to pay for shit.
TORTURER

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never paid as well,but maybe Uk has different customs regulations,I don't know...anyway,from what I remember,senders from US,always marked parcels as a gift,so maybe this is the key to avoid tax...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: