P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Kriegsmaschine - Apocalypticists (OUT NOW!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sinvocation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice unexpected surprise. Sounding pretty good upon first listen, though I find that this band reveals a little more with each listen. As always, Darkside's drumming is phenomenal.
Bingewolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds excellent on first listen! A hypnotic, dissonant pummeling of black metal. While I am most excited about a new Mgla to come, this album is excellent! Total support to Kriegsmaschine/Mgla.
Moonthorn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I placed my order immediately after seeing this posted here. That tells something about the level of excitement this piece of unexpected news caused. I've listened to the album stream for maybe seven times now and even though it sounded great already on the first round I must say it does get better and better with repeated listens. Just like with Enemy of Man, there's a lot to digest but nothing about it feels forced in any way. Out of individual tracks, The Other Death is probably the biggest highlight for me on this album as it is a perfect blend of twisted hooks, catchiness and oppressive atmosphere with spot-on vocal work.

By the way, the part with I no longer have a soul spoken in various languages is really eerie, I love it. But wait a minute, it's just male voices in those clips... Are they perhaps implying that women aren't competent enough to lose their souls? Or maybe that they don't have souls to begin with? This calls for real metal journalism. Kim Kelly, show us the way!
Satanjugend

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonthorn wrote:

By the way, the part with I no longer have a soul spoken in various languages is really eerie, I love it. But wait a minute, it's just male voices in those clips... Are they perhaps implying that women aren't competent enough to lose their souls? Or maybe that they don't have souls to begin with? This calls for real metal journalism. Kim Kelly, show us the way!

I suspect they didn't feel the need to announce woms don't have souls because everybody already knew that.
hevosrunkkari

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good and as said, drumming is impressive. However, it brings nothing new into table, its pretty much same as Enemy of Man. Perfect for background music. Personally I liked older Kriegsmaschine more, style has changed quite a bit.
LordIxion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent drumwork. Reminds me the brilliance of Written In Waters. Overall pretty boring felt like listening one really long track and sounds exactly like the previous album.
sztorm75

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A snoozefest imho, but the drum work is excellent Wink
Towards The Inevitable

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds massive and technically proficient, but songwriting is flat and lackluster, and unfortunately for them, songwriting is what counts.
ULUVAR

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much prefer old KSM. Altered States and the split with IW are both massive releases. Too bad they dropped the intensity and aggression in favour of a more 'atmospheric' sound. Great study/reading time music though.
Vanitas

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Album of the year for me. Perfect.
No Return

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sztorm75 wrote:
A snoozefest imho, but the drum work is excellent Wink

Agree
Gmajnar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ''listened'' to the album once, it got boring in the first few minutes for me, so I skipped (press forward) a few minutes, still boring, skipped again, still boring, ... and so it went to the end of the album. I thought that it's the same song all the time Laughing
I am happy that I don't like the album - one less band to listen, there's already too much of very awesome metal bands/albums to choose from - fuk it, we've got lot's of amazing music to choose from the last 50 years of heavy music.
HAIL to boring bands/albums, for they give me more time to enjoy the awesome ones! Twisted Evil
voidecay

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To each their own.

For me, it's another gem under Kriegsmaschine's belt. I was surprised "Enemy of Man" didn't really get much talk when it was released especially considering Mgla was picking up more steam.

I questioned where they could go with their sound after "Enemy of Man" - it appears they stuck with the same formula and just created more great songs. I echo the sentiments that the drumming is what stands out.
Crasse

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be because I'm not very familiar with Enemy of Man but I found this one good. I agree it's kinda repetitive but the drumming together with the EXCELENT and powerful sound makes it an enjoyable listen for me.
Phlegma

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmajnar wrote:
I ''listened'' to the album once, it got boring in the first few minutes for me, so I skipped (press forward) a few minutes, still boring, skipped again, still boring, ... and so it went to the end of the album. I thought that it's the same song all the time Laughing
I am happy that I don't like the album - one less band to listen, there's already too much of very awesome metal bands/albums to choose from - fuk it, we've got lot's of amazing music to choose from the last 50 years of heavy music.
HAIL to boring bands/albums, for they give me more time to enjoy the awesome ones! Twisted Evil

so you wrote a little novel just to tell us that you don't like the album Laughing

admins, pls, give this new author a cookie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: