P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Icelandic Black Metal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doedsengel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flesh Cathedral for me too. Perhaps top 10 albums ever imo. Misthyrming and Sinmara are great too, but on a different level. That being said, I find the Icelandic scene highly interesting and have been following it for years now. I got pretty much every release. I don't get the hate.
Hallucinogen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Svartidaudi album coming out, check facebook page for more info https://www.facebook.com/svartidaudi/
bartwa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally!
numbers stations

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Svartidau­i never really clicked with me. Maybe this time...
bartwa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

numbers stations wrote:
Svartidau­i never really clicked with me. Maybe this time...

Maybe, their music is definitely evolving.
deveneror

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This love-then-hate thing is way too common. It really shows how disposable music has become and especially how shitty is the current black metal fanbase. Back in the day, if something was good, it stayed good. Now noobs are just like pop music consumers: they wait for the summer hit and throw the rest to the garbage. They get especially angry if they can't earn some cash reselling stuff.

I'm no expert in this particular scene, but what I've heard is generally well written, recorded and delivered material. Some bands and albums are truly fantastic and at worst, they seem to be all very competent musicians with a clear idea of what they're doing, which can't be said from some of the most revered scenes around the crossed arms crew.
Satanjugend

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deveneror wrote:
This love-then-hate thing is way too common. It really shows how disposable music has become and especially how shitty is the current black metal fanbase. Back in the day, if something was good, it stayed good. Now noobs are just like pop music consumers: they wait for the summer hit and throw the rest to the garbage. They get especially angry if they can't earn some cash reselling stuff.

Summed up my thoughts on the matter exactly.
StuartL

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only care about shit like M̶y̶ ̶d̶y̶i̶n̶-̶ Christblood and Flames of Hell.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Satanjugend wrote:
deveneror wrote:

You go back far enough and you get into a era where people had to actually put some effort into finding new bands though too, and not just follow a random youtune or bandcamp side bar of recommendations.

Theres all sorts of other factors to this as well... the waiting period in the older times for a mere fraction of what people accumulate by todays standards with downloading probably served well to better appreciate the albums one had as well, certainly more time with less albums would tend to lead to those albums staying in 'fashion' longer. ...and yea, there are way more people churning out albums these days than ever, more branches on the genre offshoot tree than ever... and entire labels are making a name for themselves putting out a lot of similar bands a month while the interest for it remains... it is what it is.

The new Carpe Noctem is actually pretty cool though. Just got the CD in the mail today. I like it.
deveneror

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Satanjugend wrote:
deveneror wrote:

You go back far enough and you get into a era where people had to actually put some effort into finding new bands though too, and not just follow a random youtune or bandcamp side bar of recommendations.

Theres all sorts of other factors to this as well... the waiting period in the older times for a mere fraction of what people accumulate by todays standards with downloading probably served well to better appreciate the albums one had as well, certainly more time with less albums would tend to lead to those albums staying in 'fashion' longer. ...and yea, there are way more people churning out albums these days than ever, more branches on the genre offshoot tree than ever... and entire labels are making a name for themselves putting out a lot of similar bands a month while the interest for it remains... it is what it is.

The new Carpe Noctem is actually pretty cool though. Just got the CD in the mail today. I like it.

That's a personal attitude. I don't listen every single release out there, but when I run into a good album, I listen to it enough to enjoy it like in the old times. I vastly prefer to listen good albums several times that to listen a bunch of shit once or twice that I might forget later, just to "keep up" with the scene or the huge volume of releases.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: