P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Recent issues with Osmose orders' packaging
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zixul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endsieg wrote:
Zixul wrote:
they offered ar 5% refund OR new sleeves for two of the 3 LPs (all 3 damaged)with the next order.

Told them that I want a refund and that when I place my next order, they can include the sleeves - so go figure, I am(was) ready to place another order, with the refund cover my new shipping costs - basically, continue doing business with them

then came the questions and the stories about the mysterious pack-opener Very Happy

might just file a PayPal claim and be done with it....

your story and conclusions sound fishy.

how they sound I dont care, package came damaged because of poor packaging, that's the point. Whenever I will get anything back is not important as it's not milions..
point of the thread is what other people have to say about Osmose's way of packing parcels: so far some have confirmed bad, some good, some have never ordered and thus avoided to comment on my credibility
Endsieg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you actually ordered the parcel then settle for the replacement covers, easy as fuck. one's missing? shit happens.
Zixul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shit happens and I tried to settle it, as I wrote above, the label being reluctant to do so is what's bothering
antihumanism

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endsieg wrote:
if you actually ordered the parcel then settle for the replacement covers, easy as fuck. one's missing? shit happens.

indeed. what a bunch of cry babies here, perhaps his first time he ordered couple Lps. like in life, not everyday can go as good as another one, shit happens and as stated before osmose is 100% professional in what they do so if your post man doesn't like you it's no their fault
Endsieg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zixul wrote:
shit happens and I tried to settle it, as I wrote above, the label being reluctant to do so is what's bothering

he offered to replace the covers, thats as much as I'd expect. what IS your problem? he doesn't send it on his expense? by courier with some test presses to pad the covers?
Zixul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endsieg wrote:
Zixul wrote:

he offered to replace the covers, thats as much as I'd expect. what IS your problem? he doesn't send it on his expense? by courier with some test presses to pad the covers?

he offered to replace the covers IF i place a new order, now you tell me if I place a new order and pay for some more LPs and the shipping 'service' then, get the covers supposedly undamaged, how does this exactly make up for the situation re:shitty packaging? why should I order again and 'hope'... the other option was a minimum refund which doesnt actually cover the shpping and the hassle...
Zixul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

antihumanism wrote:
Endsieg wrote:

indeed. what a bunch of cry babies here, perhaps his first time he ordered couple Lps. like in life, not everyday can go as good as another one, shit happens and as stated before osmose is 100% professional in what they do so if your post man doesn't like you it's no their fault

as confirmed, shit happens and I get that, and if you're looking for someone's 'fault' it's definitely not mine either FOAD
flameoftheantichrist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered only a few times in the last 20 years at Osmose, had no Problems with packaging.
But contact with him(guess its herve) is quite diffucult.
Am I the only on who noticed really really bad quality of some shirts?
Had Ancient, Necromantia, Infernö and a Hades Shirt of them and they were like wet paper....
Warcrust

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

antihumanism wrote:
i ordered perhaps 40 times from them and never had any problem, packing is better then most distros. they use boxes bigger then Lps and fill it up on the sides with posters so they can't move in the box. last couple times Lps came with plastic around them.
something important they do is, if a release has printed innersleeve they take Lp out if it and put it in normal sleeve. never seen any distro doing that and of course they take always Lps out of covers.
it's most likely your post man or doing transit they threw package around and there you go...osmose can't be blamed for that.
for a big label they are I think they do still an excellent job

El Feroce, I guess you never orders from them cause postage price is the most cheap around and cds still priced at 12.5euro like in old days (most labels ask 13euro) and Lps are also most of times cheaper than elsewhere.

+ 1. Only positive experiences, never got any damaged records from them and fair prices + postage. Usually I make 2-3 bigger orders from then a year.
Kinderschreck

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zixul wrote:
Endsieg wrote:
Zixul wrote:

he offered to replace the covers IF i place a new order, now you tell me if I place a new order and pay for some more LPs and the shipping 'service' then, get the covers supposedly undamaged, how does this exactly make up for the situation re:shitty packaging? why should I order again and 'hope'... the other option was a minimum refund which doesnt actually cover the shpping and the hassle...

Dude, I was with you on your disappointment about that damaged order. But you should indeed just take what Osmose offers you...
Blood Monk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warcrust wrote:
antihumanism wrote:
i ordered perhaps 40 times from them and never had any problem, packing is better then most distros. they use boxes bigger then Lps and fill it up on the sides with posters so they can't move in the box. last couple times Lps came with plastic around them.
something important they do is, if a release has printed innersleeve they take Lp out if it and put it in normal sleeve. never seen any distro doing that and of course they take always Lps out of covers.
it's most likely your post man or doing transit they threw package around and there you go...osmose can't be blamed for that.
for a big label they are I think they do still an excellent job

+ 1. Only positive experiences, never got any damaged records from them and fair prices + postage. Usually I make 2-3 bigger orders from then a year.

Same here. I've been ordering from Osmose since the mid-90's and never had any problem with them. Fast shipping, good packing and fair prices indeed, especially nowadays when a lot of labels think it's ok to sell standard LPs for 18-20€ or more. Larger vinyl orders even come double boxed with enough 'buffer zones' to protect the corners. They started to do that a few years ago.

They might not be doing a very good job on a lot of their recent reissues but the mailorder part is still top notch in my book.
Deathspell

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People these days .... received one damaged package, it's the end of the world ... and it needs a topic ...
Orders from No Colours, Polish labels, vinyl in pizza box ... that was something else
Endsieg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zixul wrote:

you could also suggest to NOT make an order and splash the postage to send the covers. it works brilliantly, especially if the label isn't aware of being at fault. I've ordered from Osmose a few times and never had shoddy packaging.

as i said before shit happens, and some labels will not even grace you with a reply.
DKP

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also one can finally start buying CDs instead of vinyls - much cheaper postages and there will be no bended covers, even with shitty packaging Very Happy

Never dealt with Osmose, so can't say anything about them.

I agree with those who think that delivering stuff in good condition is on seller's responsibility. It's quite funny to read when some seller's whining how he can't do anything about lost package: maybe buyer can do something about it? No. But seller got money and buyer got nothing Wink Or how he will kindly give you 5 EUR discount on next order (when you paid around 30 for shipping only) for totally fucked up sleeve because of his shitty packaging. Especially I like when big distros act this way Very Happy

Although I never opened a single PayPal claim in my life, just avoided distros / labels with whom I had unsatisfying deals before.

As a seller I remember just a couple of lost packages and one broken vinyl - of course I refunded 100% to buyers including shipping costs in all cases.

Can't remember "bended corners" cases, looks like pizzaboxes work fine Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: