P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

The Filthy Sound of Death and Pain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: The Filthy Sound of Death and Pain Reply with quote

I listened to Bonded by Blood about ten times in a row yesterday at full volume. You just can't put this record on with the intention of one listening. If ever in a debate with some wimp over why modern metal sucks, you can just refer the numb skull to this record. If they don't get it, then they're hopeless.

Speaking of onlookers grasping in dismay, the Mr. Smith neighbor across the street kept looking over with disapproval and annoyance written all over his face.
adrian5118

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: The Filthy Sound of Death and Pain Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:
I listened to Bonded by Blood about ten times in a row yesterday at full volume. You just can't put this record on with the intention of one listening. If ever in a debate with some wimp over why modern metal sucks, you can just refer the numb skull to this record. If they don't get it, then they're hopeless.

Speaking of onlookers grasping in dismay, the Mr. Smith neighbor across the street kept looking over with disapproval and annoyance written all over his face.

Nice. I was constantly playing early Grave feeling the same way about death metal the other day.
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=840646#840646
mental necrosis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me - it's CONSVMING IMPVLSE & SEVERED SURVIVAL.
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just felt like praising this record.

I can't believe they remade it. Why is it always perfect things that get remade? Does that make any sense? I've thought about just giving it the benefit of the doubt rather than let it annoy me. Like look at it as a tribute or something. Which I guess is what it is? Certainly they didn't think they could make it BETTER!

It reminds me of Twisted Sister remaking "Stay Hungry". Every time you see Dee Snider, he's talking about that record or playing the same ol' songs off it. He's still milking the stardom he achieved through it. It's as if he's done for and can't do anything else (which is evident).

I think when a band remakes a record, it means they simply have run out of ammo.
Bestial Aggressor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:
I just felt like praising this record.

I can't believe they remade it. Why is it always perfect things that get remade? Does that make any sense? I've thought about just giving it the benefit of the doubt rather than let it annoy me. Like look at it as a tribute or something. Which I guess is what it is? Certainly they didn't think they could make it BETTER!

'Bonded' sure is a killer album, what an insane killer voice! Shame they went down hill after that. I really hope I never hear this remake.
AlexBlume

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:
I think when a band remakes a record, it means they simply have run out of ammo.

I watched a Motorhead interview recently, and THEY were talking about redoing some of their early albums.

Their major reason for doing so sounded like they were getting fucked by the labels the early albums were on, at least that was their view.

Still extraordinarily gay though. There's just no excuse for remaking old classic albums.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonded By Blood is one of the best thrash records ever made. Top 5 album for me easily!

I couldn't almost believe that they would go as low as doing that re-recording abomination with lame excuses like "tribute to Baloff". Bullshit, nothing but easy cash grab. Fuck Holt and fuck nowadays Exodus!
Voodoo Idol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bestial Aggressor wrote:
'Bonded' sure is a killer album, what an insane killer voice! Shame they went down hill after that. I really hope I never hear this remake.

I especially dug his voice when informing me of the fact that Piranha is indeed NOT about trouts and/or tuna, a common misinterpretation of the song's message as outlined in Baloff's autobiographical epic 'Trials & Tribulations Of A Gilbert Gottfried Sound-Alike'.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voodoo Idol wrote:

I especially dug his voice when informing me of the fact that Piranha is indeed NOT about trouts and/or tuna

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmXILTFuIwU

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
GROUND ZERO Entertainment

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, the ULTIMATE REVENGE For Disco...

I Bought this on BETA way back in 1985...

I remember being pissed that the VENOM tracks were not from that same show, and that they were on other Videos I already had...

But the EXODUS tracks were classic!!!

[/i]
www.red-sky-design.com/GZEmailorder.htm
Good Trades: NWN! / H.H.R. / No Sign Of Life / LIE IN RUINS / BLOOD HARVEST / Asphyxiate / Prof. BLACK / Axa Valaha / Bloody Prod. / SONIC TEMPLE / Kuravilu / Death Dealer
TeethofSkull

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voodoo Idol wrote:

I especially dug his voice when informing me of the fact that Piranha is indeed NOT about trouts and/or tuna, a common misinterpretation of the song's message as outlined in Baloff's autobiographical epic 'Trials & Tribulations Of A Gilbert Gottfried Sound-Alike'.

hee hee !

you still got that gig at the LAFF LOUNGE ?

" Do the Hammerlock, you Turkeynecks ! "
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: