P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Dismember new website
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooklyn Bastard 666

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a huge fan. Saw them live for the first time in May of 1993, their first US tour, with Vader and Deicide, and they were fucking amazing. My old band opened the show, which was at L'Amour in Brooklyn. I saw them again years later at BB Kings in NYC and it was great, but not that many people were in attendance, but this was right before Death and Black Metal blew up (again) in NYC though. If they were to play the are in 2018/2019, it would be packed.
deceiver24

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooklyn Bastard 666 wrote:
I am a huge fan. Saw them live for the first time in May of 1993, their first US tour, with Vader and Deicide, and they were fucking amazing. My old band opened the show, which was at L'Amour in Brooklyn. I saw them again years later at BB Kings in NYC and it was great, but not that many people were in attendance, but this was right before Death and Black Metal blew up (again) in NYC though. If they were to play the are in 2018/2019, it would be packed.

93 would have been crazy. Had to wait until 05 for them to make it to Australia. Saw them four times on that tour. Funnily enough the last time I saw them was MDF 06. They toured here again in 08 though I wasn't able to catch them.
zoltar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the problem, it's all about timing. I was lucky enough to see them half a dozen time in between the early 00's and their split and let's honest, although it' sgreat to see people being excited about them coming back, fifteen years ago they were barely packing venues. When they did that great tour with GRAVE, ENTOMBED and UNLEASHED (come on!), there were, I dunno, 150 epople max in attendance in Paris...
giggs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zoltar wrote:
That's the problem, it's all about timing. I was lucky enough to see them half a dozen time in between the early 00's and their split and let's honest, although it' sgreat to see people being excited about them coming back, fifteen years ago they were barely packing venues. When they did that great tour with GRAVE, ENTOMBED and UNLEASHED (come on!), there were, I dunno, 150 epople max in attendance in Paris...

What year was that tour?
Acid Orgy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

giggs wrote:
zoltar wrote:

What year was that tour?

Brooklyn Bastard 666

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acid Orgy wrote:
giggs wrote:
zoltar wrote:

What year was that tour?

2006 was before old DM got "cool" again, and way before the Dismember worship kicked in haha!
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acid Orgy wrote:
giggs wrote:
zoltar wrote:

What year was that tour?

2006 was before old DM got "cool" again, and way before the Dismember worship kicked in haha!

I saw them on that tour and I thought it was quite strange to see such a large attendance for the line-up at the time. Dismember stole the show, great set list, tons of energy on stage, awesome performances. They wiped the floor with the rest of the line-up - Grave and Unleashed both still being great. Entombed I didn't even recognize as Entombed from a distance until they blundered their way through Left Hand Path, and I seem to recall they only had one guitarist on that tour too?
peterott

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devoured Death wrote:
Entombed I didn't even recognize as Entombed from a distance until they blundered their way through Left Hand Path, and I seem to recall they only had one guitarist on that tour too?

Correct.

That was an incredible tour, drawing more than 800 people in Munich. Dismember was the headliner (they rotated each day).
Cursed_Reefer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some behind the scenes clips from that tour on Dismember DVD, it's really funny stuff. Especially "Let's headbang everywhere" clips.
Lysttron

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw them live in some festival in 2002, hell of a show!

I Met Richard Cabeza in a party the day before the show, he was wasted but very friendly, cool dude.

Met the rest of the guys backstage after the show except Matti, they were all wasted, Richard Cabeza was rolling on the floor wasted.

Remember they were refering to Fred Estby has the "wife beater", some private joke I guess.
Funeral Thirst

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with Dan Seagrave re painting the artwork for LAEFS it has me all kinds of excited, potential re-issue? WHo knows.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: