P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Bathory - Bathory Bootleg CD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windofpain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missed this while nwn had copies (I know it was in stock for some time but I've been broke).
anyone know where it's still available?
Blasphemetic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PanzerGeneral wrote:
Blasphemetic wrote:
Yes I recommend this version. Plus it's got the yellow goat! I like the variation in color. An idea they probably got from the different Welcome to Hell issues.
What!? They got the idea from Venom!? Tell me more!

Well you see, Quarthon was a total "dick" and was so in tune with wicked goat worship he had no choice but to rip off a band he had never heard before!
PeterVenkman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

windofpain wrote:
Missed this while nwn had copies (I know it was in stock for some time but I've been broke).
anyone know where it's still available?

YK said he's going to ask for more.
Unmakable

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psicoterror wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks that this bootleg has been sourced from the mp3 available on the net and provided by Patrick Engel???

I thought this as well, but War and the outro are separated on AOD's rip. Whereas they are together on the CD. I can't see someone going through the trouble of joining those two already separated tracks for the CD. This makes me think it's a separate rip. The sound between the two is very close though. But then, they are supposedly from the same pressing, so that makes sense.
PanzerGeneral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got it and its great! Better than the Welcome to hell with the yellow cover (!). As for the mp3 thing - I guess they just recorded it straight into the PC and thats where the mp3-ish sound come from!? What do you guys say?
PanzerGeneral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a more serious note - notice how he is SO relaxed in his voice - almost spoken-words like. I think the mp3-ish sound is from the bass. Im drunk right now and I hear what you mean - but what it is I dont know…I think its just the recording!? I still like it - so fukk it!
PanzerGeneral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I just listened to the whole thing while switching between the cd and the (yellow goat to make sure (- get it?)) lp - and its the fucking same! Just beautiful beautiful Bathory as it sounded when I was young and the cold war was still a thing! There might be a just a tiny bit more bass in the over all sound on the cd (or could be my set up?). But just great - the booklet as well!
PanzerGeneral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blasphemetic wrote:
PanzerGeneral wrote:
Blasphemetic wrote:
Yes I recommend this version. Plus it's got the yellow goat! I like the variation in color. An idea they probably got from the different Welcome to Hell issues.

Well you see, Quarthon was a total "dick" and was so in tune with wicked goat worship he had no choice but to rip off a band he had never heard before!
What?!
Psicoterror

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PanzerGeneral wrote:
So I just listened to the whole thing while switching between the cd and the (yellow goat to make sure (- get it?)) lp - and its the fucking same! Just beautiful beautiful Bathory as it sounded when I was young and the cold war was still a thing! There might be a just a tiny bit more bass in the over all sound on the cd (or could be my set up?). But just great - the booklet as well!

How do you know that the cd hasn't been sourced from shitty mp3 or the audio downloaded from Mr. Engel's blogspot? There must be a way to know ...I do already own the Combat edition but as it is quite old I don't want to play it that often, therefore buying another copy even on cd with similar audio would be a good idea.
Supervolcano

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The back of the CD says "Ripped from the original 1984 LP" and with all the discussion about this, as well as the readily available normal CD version, I don't doubt that this is an original rip. Why waste the time and effort on a mp3 bootleg when the black mark CD is still available worldwide?
Blasphemetic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PanzerGeneral wrote:
Blasphemetic wrote:
PanzerGeneral wrote:
Blasphemetic wrote:

What?!

Cronos' words, not mine!
Psicoterror

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supervolcano wrote:
The back of the CD says "Ripped from the original 1984 LP" and with all the discussion about this, as well as the readily available normal CD version, I don't doubt that this is an original rip. Why waste the time and effort on a mp3 bootleg when the black mark CD is still available worldwide?

Because that is the very nature of the bootlegs: making easy money. Bootleggers do not care if the stuff they are releasing was sourced from a fine source. Downloading some cheap ass mp3 will do the trick, as long as they do sound different from the official album released by Black Mark on CD. Even so, any mp3 will sound better than the re-mastered black mark album.
morbidrites

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm interested to know where i can get a copy. i'vegot it via mp3 but would like this to keep in my car/ for the booklet i've read so much about.
Pazuzu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psicoterror wrote:
Supervolcano wrote:

Because that is the very nature of the bootlegs: making easy money. Bootleggers do not care if the stuff they are releasing was sourced from a fine source. Downloading some cheap ass mp3 will do the trick, as long as they do sound different from the official album released by Black Mark on CD. Even so, any mp3 will sound better than the re-mastered black mark album.

Answer one question: Have you heard this particular bootleg?
"Order From Chaos, this band knows how to metal and they know how to satan and they most definitely know how to arghgh. It dosen't suck dick and thats why faggots don't like them. I have entered the stillbirth machine, I suggest you cum too."
M8FOX

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, anyone gonna provide a few lossless track-rips of this CD to inspect? Purchasing a Bathory bootleg isn't on my priority list at the moment, but since the question has been proposed, I'm curious to know about the quality of the source of this release.

"The idea born in someones mind is nurtured by a thousand blind"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: