P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

KIIRA - Tulkoon Yö / Talviyö 12" LP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phlegma wrote:
jesus fucking christ ... i havent even received my 1st press copy which i preordered in february and now theyre doing an improved version?

DAFUQ guys

"just be glad they repress it"

---
Deals/trades with : Al Infierno,amon-goethe, bearsbearsbears, cwprod, dethronewilliam, Hidden38, hume, hymnsoftheneedlefreak, jerry666, lordpazuzu, , mrgoatimus, nok, snakenuts, wirelessdarkness, xyosefx .
Phlegma

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlevinKelevra wrote:
Phlegma wrote:
jesus fucking christ ... i havent even received my 1st press copy which i preordered in february and now theyre doing an improved version?

DAFUQ guys

oh well, i'm confused now

is it a repress of "Taottu Mustassa Tulessa"?
If yes, i don't care .... have the 1st press and its ok!

but i'm still waiting to get my Tulkoon Yö / Talviyö LP delivered
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phlegma wrote:
SlevinKelevra wrote:
Phlegma wrote:

DAFUQ guys

oh well, i'm confused now

is it a repress of "Taottu Mustassa Tulessa"?
If yes, i don't care .... have the 1st press and its ok!

but i'm still waiting to get my Tulkoon Yö / Talviyö LP delivered

no, it's a batch of a third 100 copies of Taottu Mustassa Tulessa , but with different supposedly (correct and superior) artwork/presentation.

---
Deals/trades with : Al Infierno,amon-goethe, bearsbearsbears, cwprod, dethronewilliam, Hidden38, hume, hymnsoftheneedlefreak, jerry666, lordpazuzu, , mrgoatimus, nok, snakenuts, wirelessdarkness, xyosefx .
Kinderschreck

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am perfectly ok with the artwort of my second press version, but Its a great thing that this release gets another press! Furthermore full support for starting the pre-orders closer to the actual release date.
sarkk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

astraltemple wrote:

Being the second and last pressing of the LP

my advice... after having called the previous pressing of 100 copies the "last" one, don't call this one the "last" pressing either.
Phlegma

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sarkk wrote:
astraltemple wrote:

Being the second and last pressing of the LP

my advice... after having called the previous pressing of 100 copies the "last" one, don't call this one the "last" pressing either.

this

i don't have a problem if shit's getting repressed like hell but a label loses it's credibility which such stupid things.
stamps

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man you're fucking with my retirement plan.

The decisions haven't been communicated very well initially but fuck it if there's still demand then I understand. Plenty of records I've missed where an extra run would have been appreciated. Not to mention this release is fantastic. Would have been a day one purchase whether 100 or 500 were pressed. Anxiously awaiting the full length.
astraltemple

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was NO mention of ANY new artwork, and absolutely NOTHING being "superior". The layout has been slightly altered, and is overall almost identical to the first 200 copies.

Pre-orders will open later.
jonny

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it will sound not kvlt, but I would be happy if Kiira put both their releases on their bandcamp. I have stopped to buy physical releases (family, space etc.), but still would like to get releases I enjoy from label/band and not from some russian pirate site.

Ancient/Mysticism, Afgrundsvisioner or Signal Rex allow this option without being less kvlt Smile
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

astraltemple wrote:
There was NO mention of ANY new artwork, and absolutely NOTHING being "superior". The layout has been slightly altered, and is overall almost identical to the first 200 copies.

How else is 'definitive' to be interpreted ? Why did you edit/delete out that part of the comment?

---
Dreadfull Ygg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, good chance to catch copy from this repress...
Phlegma

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlevinKelevra wrote:
astraltemple wrote:

How else is 'definitive' to be interpreted ? Why did you edit/delete out that part of the comment?

blake judd style :p
astraltemple

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread updated to only concern the Kiira album.
New date is 22nd of July.

The "Taottu" repress has its own thread here:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=64681
seebee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My words are not referred to a specifical label.
Generically speaking the "limited to xxx copies" is becoming a trend to make a record more kvltish.
Would be better to say "limited to an undisclosed amount of copies" and make any repress identical to the first one, unless it is a different item (i.e. a picture disc version).
Even the coloured vinyls are becoming another marketing trend: 100 copies on this colour, 200 on that colour, 500 on a third colour and so on.
So the extra limited colour is soldout in minutes and costs immediately 2x or 3x the normal price.

On one side labels fear to have a considerable amount of copies that remain unsold for years.
On the other side, the extra limited release kills legal music, because if you miss the release the only way to listen to that record is downloading it.

O.T.
A world apart for bands that makes music with the purpose not to be listened to (someone said Vothana? I didn't).
Usually they have a very restricted circle of "friends" who can buy these secret, private, unknown releases, with the name of the owner written on the cover!
Maximum security.
Even with these restrictions you can find them on sale at ridiculous prices (i.e. 250 € for a 7" inch and 350 € for an LP).
Even the "closest contacts", after all, need easy money......
jonny

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my personal point of view, I understand the reason of limited numbers. But it would be really nice to make these releases available in digital form via bandcamp. I don't have any problem with digital format, in fact it is the only format I have been buying for last few years and I am happy more and more ug labels/artists left the idea digital is not kvlt etc. arguments.

btw every limited release always ends in digital form ripped by someone. And I am really pissed how many of them are fucked up by ignorants who are unable doing it at least in decent quality (and even in right speed). Moreover I will always prefer to pay for any music to artist/label.

However it's always artist decision how to deal with his creation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 10 of 19

Jump to: