P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Blasphemy Clones!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pablood

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blasphemetic wrote:
I do feel that the 2nd proclamation album is pretty damn good and very worthy. I only have those first 2 cds anything else from them worth checking? And if we're all gonna recognize proclamation, how about Blasphemophagher? That first one has the worship aspect but they definitely put their own flavor to it. Not to mention it's very fuckin heavy and like the 2nd proclamation A staple in the NWN catalog!

All four albums are killer.
Blasphemophagher was great too, that one track they did with Pete Helmkamp it's a banger.

If any Antifa dork ever tried pulling something like that in L.A. they would end up getting stabbed by some Mexican metalhead in a bootleg Graveland shirt.
axebix

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All four are great, I'd say Execration is my favourite but I really welcomed higher Beherit influence on the final album.
I also think they had perfect guitar and drum sound, samples/intros, vocals (different on all four) and visual presentation. And in my opinion their material was definitely consistent, it was more of the same always but I never felt like it's enough. Hail Proclamation!
Blasphemetic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goatslave on Procession of Doom has Blasphemy' s riffing patterns for sure but also has alot of European influences.
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

axebix wrote:
All four are great, I'd say Execration is my favourite but I really welcomed higher Beherit influence on the final album.
I also think they had perfect guitar and drum sound, samples/intros, vocals (different on all four) and visual presentation. And in my opinion their material was definitely consistent, it was more of the same always but I never felt like it's enough. Hail Proclamation!

They had everything. Their artwork was primitive and perfect, their image fit the music. Just all out caveman barbarity to the tee. One of the best hordes in this style. Sacrificio is no slouch, but a totally different monster.

And Juan is a champion power lifter which just seals the deal.
axebix

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hymnsoftheneedlefreak wrote:
axebix wrote:

They had everything. Their artwork was primitive and perfect, their image fit the music. Just all out caveman barbarity to the tee. One of the best hordes in this style. Sacrificio is no slouch, but a totally different monster.

And Juan is a champion power lifter which just seals the deal.

About their artwork - it's really cool they did what Quorthon was only talking about. I'm referring to his story about how Bathory s/t arwork was made with collage and all, but we all know he just ripped it from a book. Proclamation actually did collage with human skulls, fangs and horns pasted together for a total win.

I'm hoping for a contiuation of Sacrificio, I liked demo better but the album is still better than pretty much anything recently done in that style.
Nordkarpatenland and Guerra Eterna are great to listen back to back - who finds the most Mercyful Fate references is a winner! Juan playing King' vocal melody on guitar in third song is priceless.
krieg666

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abysmal Lord is a great Blaspheclone
templedclxvi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krieg666 wrote:

great band but more like a PROCLAMATION clone than anything. Alot of bands aping Blasphemy really miss the big balls late 80s GRIND, instead just tremolo pick power chords ontop of blastbeats. And no one ever even attempted at the rowdy vocal style Black Winds has.

ANTICHRIST and PROCREATION to my ears are the most Blasphemy sounding bands if anything.
krieg666

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

templedclxvi wrote:
krieg666 wrote:

great band but more like a PROCLAMATION clone

that's true, but Proclamation is also a Blasphemy clone Very Happy
IIIRD GATEKEEPER

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

templedclxvi wrote:
Alot of bands aping Blasphemy really miss the big balls late 80s GRIND, instead just tremolo pick power chords ontop of blastbeats.

Indeed. There are relatively few bands who do the grind stuff, like Archgoat and Teitanblood... plenty of Napalm Death/Carcass/Bolt Thrower there. And Conqueror/Revenge of course.
Blasphemetic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us not forget Goatblood of Germany who I'm warming up to every day.

Do people here listen to Satanize from Portugal? I know it's not exactly Blasphemy worship but they got it in spirit for sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: