P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Cosmic Church - Täyttymys
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lunar stele
banned

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
Seems like LSA and Werwolf do the right thing if looking for negative points goes down to that low level.

was i being critical you think? really, i wasn't. who wants black metal made by skinny vegan twinkbois in girl jeans anyway?
Tireheb

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crasse wrote:

CD is already obsolete cause you can just download the same format on bandcamp (or for free on the internet) and it will sound the same. Unless you are using some super cool system/speaker to listen to CDs, but even that way you can just plug your PC or phone to it instead. Vinyl and tape have their own feeling at least.

I bet you buy tapes/vinyl just for show but in reality you just listen on Lidl headphones on smartphone from youtube.
Crasse

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
I bet you buy tapes/vinyl just for show but in reality you just listen on Lidl headphones on smartphone from youtube.

Yes, sure.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly cannot see how anyone enjoys getting up and flipping sides, vinyl or tapes... vinyl at least has the larger artwork format going for it... tapes? ...guess they are more durable for laying on the floor mats of the car in a pile I guess.
CD's are not any better or worse than the other two formats, they were simply a construct of evolution in music format compacting the format and ease of use with a longer lasting life cycle than either tape or vinyl as playing them does not 'wear' them down.

Not sure how this simply logical deduction isn't more recognized.

...and yes, the digital file has quickly rendered all three formats obsolete. Just cause some romantic nostalgia has taken hold on records and tape collectors doesn't dismiss the reality that both formats are simply a excuse to hoard materialistic merchandise.
Manta

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Cosmic Church is absolutely of interest here, so it's good to know this album is going to be out soon.

And speaking of Cosmic Church, does anybody have the first full length CD for sale at a decent price? I fucking NEED that. Twisted Evil

By the way, Demoniarch, CD is absolutely better than tape and/or vinyl. For the reasons you eloquently stated. Way more fucking practical, with immense sound and the ability to transmit lyrics and art via paper as well. Exclamation
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manta wrote:
New Cosmic Church is absolutely of interest here, so it's good to know this album is going to be out soon.

And speaking of Cosmic Church, does anybody have the first full length CD for sale at a decent price? I fucking NEED that. Twisted Evil

By the way, Demoniarch, CD is absolutely better than tape and/or vinyl. For the reasons you eloquently stated. Way more fucking practical, with immense sound and the ability to transmit lyrics and art via paper as well. Exclamation

The new Cosmic Church is looking to be quite good. As for the cd/lp/mc argument, I wasn't really trying to take any side. No one else should care either, buy what format personally suits to your needs I guess. ...that's all the real science that will ever be proven anyways. All this other stuff and points to argue format superiority is just opinion... and the labels don't give a crap either, cause if little digital chips was what the people wanted every label would start providing that too.

I guess I just view taking a near religious fanatical zeal to any particular format is ridiculous.
notkvlt

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incredibly good. Can't wait to hear more details on the vinyl release.
Smaragd

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty average, just like all previous.
Funeral Thirst

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very very good, glad the project is going out on a strong note.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Album sounds fantastic. CC truly got better by leaps and bounds with every successive release and is really going out on a high note. I will be excitedly awaiting this CD for sure.
214N10
banned

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm this album makes me happy. there are no happy riffs but is something in the sound. i really don't want to be happy yet i like this. quite a paradox feeling listening to this at third spin. haven't approached the album during fapping sessions that i do with albums i don't like and then i worship them otherwise that could have been the cause. strange album.
Unaerth

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Crasse"]
DTBRex wrote:
chunks wrote:
I'll listen later, happy its up but also a bit odd how things are streaming in full months and months before physical releases now...

Listening now. Would have bought it anyway, but it's good to hear the entire album right now and don't have to wait two more weeks. In a not so distant future, streaming / download will be all there is in terms of "digital copy", because the CD becomes obsolete. You'll have a "digital copy" online as well as an "analogue copy" (vinyl / tape) offline.

And this is when I will no longer actually purchase music. I cannot even fathom how much money I have spent over the decades supporting labels and artists. I can say with confidence that, even though I am a simple man, a substantial amount of my time, worldly earnings, and energy has gone towards this "music" and all that it entails/unlocks. Once the CD is gone, I will not be able to justify the extra cost/space/fragility of ridiculous amounts of wax or nonsensical magnetic tape formats. Guess I am aging a bit, and just do not care for the tendencies these days. I suppose the young kids will all be acquiring tons of black (and rare, multi-colored) wax in perpetuum. Out with the old, and in with the new ... mountains of wax, will fall and crush you.

Now back on actual topic ...
Looking forward to listening to the new tracks. I have enjoyed all previous material, and suspect that I will find something of worth (and of real use) in the new material. I always appreciate when an individual knows when to close a chapter. It does not mean they are "finished". I respect when someone is cognizant enough to recognize when they have done everything they can in one particular context, and are ready to move on to something different. It maintains the integrity/purity of their previous work, yet allows them to move toward slightly different paths based on their own needs/desires. Here's to hoping we can send Cosmic Church off with a genuine "Hail!".
snakenuts

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

214N10 wrote:
hmm this album makes me happy. there are no happy riffs but is something in the sound. i really don't want to be happy yet i like this. quite a paradox feeling listening to this at third spin. haven't approached the album during fapping sessions that i do with albums i don't like and then i worship them otherwise that could have been the cause. strange album.

that's a weird way to enjoy an album Laughing
Supervolcano

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

214N10 wrote:

Awesome

Anyways... Instantly ordered the CD, and the clearance theyre holding has some good shit too!
legionz

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Unaerth"]
Crasse wrote:
DTBRex wrote:
chunks wrote:
I'll listen later, happy its up but also a bit odd how things are streaming in full months and months before physical releases now...

Listening now. Would have bought it anyway, but it's good to hear the entire album right now and don't have to wait two more weeks. In a not so distant future, streaming / download will be all there is in terms of "digital copy", because the CD becomes obsolete. You'll have a "digital copy" online as well as an "analogue copy" (vinyl / tape) offline.

And this is when I will no longer actually purchase music. I cannot even fathom how much money I have spent over the decades supporting labels and artists. I can say with confidence that, even though I am a simple man, a substantial amount of my time, worldly earnings, and energy has gone towards this "music" and all that it entails/unlocks. Once the CD is gone, I will not be able to justify the extra cost/space/fragility of ridiculous amounts of wax or nonsensical magnetic tape formats. Guess I am aging a bit, and just do not care for the tendencies these days. I suppose the young kids will all be acquiring tons of black (and rare, multi-colored) wax in perpetuum. Out with the old, and in with the new ... mountains of wax, will fall and crush you.

Now back on actual topic ...
Looking forward to listening to the new tracks. I have enjoyed all previous material, and suspect that I will find something of worth (and of real use) in the new material. I always appreciate when an individual knows when to close a chapter. It does not mean they are "finished". I respect when someone is cognizant enough to recognize when they have done everything they can in one particular context, and are ready to move on to something different. It maintains the integrity/purity of their previous work, yet allows them to move toward slightly different paths based on their own needs/desires. Here's to hoping we can send Cosmic Church off with a genuine "Hail!".
Purchase music to support the musicians, you dolt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: