P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Recent movies you watched/bought
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 641, 642, 643 ... 757, 758, 759  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gia Thanatos

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManIsTheBastard wrote:
vomitfarm wrote:
ManIsTheBastard wrote:
Started watching The Alienist. Almost done watching the whole first season 1.

Pretty solid show. The wife and I enjoyed it.

I have yet to read the book that the series is based on, but I believe that there are two books in total that focus on the same characters. Not sure if I want/need to see a second season of The Alienist as I do believe that it would suffer the same fate as the second season of True Detective did.

Also finished The Alienist, pretty good series.
The second season of True Drtective is very good, it's just different from the first and suffered because of that.

Started Happy! Now, quite funny antihero stuff, curious to read the comic book.

214N10 wrote: i met different people at concerts with which i debated archgoat in detail and we all came to the conclusion that is death/black metal
dalecooper

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wife and I watched a horror 2-pack last night. Oculus, which was pretty good actually and brought some clever plotting to a tired old device (object is haunted, object corrupts everyone around it and makes them kill each other). Dark as hell ending too.

And then The Lost Boys, which holds up as a slice of ridiculous 80s cheese. It's funny how that movie is attempting to be cool and atmospheric at first, and by the end it's just the two Coreys stabbing vampires and wisecracking. Like it's 50% Near Dark, 50% Fright Night.
ManIsTheBastard

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gia Thanatos wrote:
ManIsTheBastard wrote:
vomitfarm wrote:
ManIsTheBastard wrote:
Started watching The Alienist. Almost done watching the whole first season 1.

Pretty solid show. The wife and I enjoyed it.

I have yet to read the book that the series is based on, but I believe that there are two books in total that focus on the same characters. Not sure if I want/need to see a second season of The Alienist as I do believe that it would suffer the same fate as the second season of True Detective did.

Also finished The Alienist, pretty good series.
The second season of True Drtective is very good, it's just different from the first and suffered because of that.

Started Happy! Now, quite funny antihero stuff, curious to read the comic book.

Exactly. The second season of True Detective wasn't necessarily bad, but it truly did suffer due to how different it was. Curious as to how they will go about with the third season.

Seen a trailer for Happy!, but I have yet to watch it. For whatever reason it made me think about Deadpool.
ManIsTheBastard

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
Wife and I watched a horror 2-pack last night. Oculus, which was pretty good actually and brought some clever plotting to a tired old device (object is haunted, object corrupts everyone around it and makes them kill each other). Dark as hell ending too.

And then The Lost Boys, which holds up as a slice of ridiculous 80s cheese. It's funny how that movie is attempting to be cool and atmospheric at first, and by the end it's just the two Coreys stabbing vampires and wisecracking. Like it's 50% Near Dark, 50% Fright Night.

Oculus was a surprisingly decent movie for what it is. Have you seen Queen of spades: Dark rite and/or Don't knock twice?

The Lost Boys is classic and nostalgic as hell for me personally. Definitely has a lot in common with Near Dark and Fright Night.
mithrandir

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Man With The Iron Heart - about the assassination of Reinhard Heydrich, different kind of narrative, a Weinstein Company movie too lel, 7/10
Sophie Scholl The Final Days - Freisler was a goofy ass judge lol - 7/10
The Nines - Ryan Reynolds is the god of sims town - 4/10
Paterson - poor bus driver and his kooky girlfriend - 6/10
House - fun nostalgia 7/10
House 2 - never seen it, was horrible, like a Disney channel halloween movie, eh - 2/10
You Were Never Really Here - Shocked still not sure what to think, I liked it, I always enjoy Joaquin Phoenix and his kooky roles - 7/10
The Missing Link

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still great

Shirts: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/posting.php
cochino

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mithrandir wrote:

House - fun nostalgia 7/10
House 2 - never seen it, was horrible, like a Disney channel halloween movie, eh - 2/10

Haven't seen these since the first time, ages ago but my memories of them are quite the opposite. I remember the first one being pretty dull and pointless overall, and that the second one at least was somewhat funny.
Still, the best is probably the fake "House III", featuring Brion James (in what's probably his only top billing role) and Lance Henriksen, which isn't exactly good but seeing those two guys in action is brilliant enough. And the thanksgiving scene was great anyway.
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred Dekker fucking rules!
Mortado

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

115. 04/24 - Super Troopers 2* (cinema) - fans of the first should enjoy this. Probably better stoned but the prospect of random testing (now driving professionally) keeps me from it.

116. 04/30 - Avengers: Infinity War* (cinema) - Fucking loved it. They did a damn fine job of keeping multiple storylines going through the movie without losing coherence in any. Great conclusion to this wave of Marvel movies.

117. 05/05 - Primal Rage* (VOD) - decent Bigfoot movies with lots of practical gore FX. Gorehounds should enjoy, a different take on the Bigfoot lore though.

118. 05/07 - Meet the Feebles (DVD) - Classic Peter Jackson, say no more.

119. 05/08 - Tully* (cinema) - Decent post partum depression movie. My wife, having gone through it in a previous marriage, enjoyed it more and said it was pretty realistic.

120. 05/12 - Revenge* (VOD) - Silly and unrealistic rape-revenge flick. I dug it for all of its silliness though, pretty decent practical FX.
PeterVenkman

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched American History X tonight as my wife had somehow never seen it.
snakenuts

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was about to start watching the Subspecies series as recommended, then changed my mind and watched "What We Do in the Shadows" instead.
Man, was it great! So funny - humour all the way through.

Next up is either Subspecies or Wolf Cop.

Also, went and saw Avengers: Infinity War the other day. Nothing short of spectacular. Movies is almost 3 hours but felt like time stood still for a while.
Jewdozer

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Missing Link wrote:

Still great

Still an alltime favorite

EAT A BOWL OF FUCK
I AM HERE TO PARTYYYYY

1981 wrote:
Do you really think that the ZOG is going down when Gelal plays the Shitagogue riff?
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Ant-Man, a superhero story about a man and lots of ants. Totally indifferent to this genre, and that didn't change. The idea was interesting though, the hero can shrink to the size of a small insect. Unfortunately this is barely explored and instead used as an action gimmick, which leaves a lot of unused potential. I was particularly interested in how the hero can even shrink to subatomic sizes, or even keep shrinking infinitely. That is interesting. Tackle some more of that. I want to see visions from beyond Planck length. Perhaps in a more serious setting though. Michael Douglas is in this film why again, Evangeline Lilly provides the looks but someone punched her in the lips and Paul Rudd is Mike from Friends. The bad guy is a discount Lex Luthor.

And by the way, once again stop anthropomorphizing every living thing that isn't human. The ants in this movie were like troopers, taking orders and serving their masters loyally. It was "explained", but that's still pretty far reaching compliance from an animal that probably doesn't know how to give two shits about your science project and has 3 modes of operation: build, attack, defend. But sure, make a raft and purr like a kitten.

This reminded me that Honey I Shrunk The Kids was a cool movie.
cochino

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Missing Link wrote:

Still great

I hate when they do this kinda shit with the covers though. The guy who did it surely can draw alright but he doesn't have a fucking clue about what he's doing. He's just shoving as many references to the movie as he can without any sense of purpose. I hope that one also came with the original poster art.
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feuersturm wrote:

This reminded me that Honey I Shrunk The Kids was a cool movie.

only time in history these words ever spoken.

---
Deals/trades with : Al Infierno,amon-goethe, bearsbearsbears, cwprod, dethronewilliam, Hidden38, hume, hymnsoftheneedlefreak, jerry666, lordpazuzu, , mrgoatimus, nok, snakenuts, wirelessdarkness, xyosefx .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 641, 642, 643 ... 757, 758, 759  Next
Page 642 of 759

Jump to: