P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Ofermod - Pentagrammaton
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frozen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:43 am    Post subject: Ofermod - Pentagrammaton Reply with quote

Ofermod's magnum opus, and the hidden crown jewel of the Swedish orthodox scene. Will this masterpiece ever see the light of day?
Marlboro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can not call it a masterpiece since I have never listen it.
Supposedly it is a lot better than the bland debut album and the shit that followed.

Upload it or fuck off with this "I have it / you have not" thread.
IIIRD GATEKEEPER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit band anyway

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Orthodox BM but I have no idea on where to start with them, and never even heard a single song, do they sound something like Malign?

TheUnnatural wrote:
With the exception of post-punk, anything with the prefix "post" is gay.
Frozen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marlboro wrote:
Can not call it a masterpiece since I have never listen it.
Supposedly it is a lot better than the bland debut album and the shit that followed.

Upload it or fuck off with this "I have it / you have not" thread.

I can confirm that it's tenfold better than anything that followed it, but I don't have it myself. I have only had it played to me at a friends place, who had promised not to share it. They released one track on the CD version of the Serpents Dance EP back in 2014, so I thought Mika might've changed his mind about keeping it unreleased.
CR99

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1981 wrote:
I love Orthodox BM but I have no idea on where to start with them, and never even heard a single song, do they sound something like Malign?

I don't know Malign but Ofermod's debut 7" is super solid BM, can't go wrong with that.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MystÚrion TÚs Anomias 7" is definitely the best to start with. Best Ofermod release. I would not compare Ofermod sound to Malign at all.

Out of the Dungeon website and distrolist:
https://outofthedungeon.wordpress.com/
DUNGEN001: DER ST▄RMER - Hail to Finland CD out now!

Last edited by Tireheb on Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:
1981 wrote:

I don't know Malign but Ofermod's debut 7" is super solid BM, can't go wrong with that.

I believe that like the majority of people, I discovered Malign through "Malign Paradigm" in SMRC, super catchy and they have few released material, so it is easy to listen to all of it really quick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0b4gKOKTkA

TheUnnatural wrote:
With the exception of post-punk, anything with the prefix "post" is gay.
Miilos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's somewhere between MystÚrion TÚs Anomias and the first album, a little faster, and TiamtŘ is the only song which later was released on album.
Marlboro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The supposed book explaining the whole endeavour by Tore never came out either Laughing

Hail Necromorbus
Maleficient

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am actually at this point more interested in what happened to "Mystery of Iniquity (Luciferian Evangelium Cantata)" which was supposed to be their actual debut album. Was anything from this release even recorded?
darkishdarkness

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
MystÚrion TÚs Anomias 7" is definitely the best to start with. Best Ofermod release. I would not compare Ofermod sound to Malign at all.

I love this EP, but the first riff also sounds like the Imperial March from Star Wars. I suppose that helps, too.
WolfkultReligion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIIRD GATEKEEPER wrote:
Shit band anyway

Their albums are not that great, but I was surprised by their latest, which I liked a lot.
Desolatio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maleficient wrote:
I am actually at this point more interested in what happened to "Mystery of Iniquity (Luciferian Evangelium Cantata)" which was supposed to be their actual debut album. Was anything from this release even recorded?

This. Pentagrammaton was supposed to be more in the vein of part II of MTA with non-Satanic and right hand path oriented lyrics. As far as I've understood, of Mystery of Iniquity we are only left with the lyrics of Darkness and Death, which were granted to Watain, and then some lines featured in Davthvs 3. Some song titles from an old interview: Belialistic Madness Code, Be My Prophet, Luciferian Ofermod, Mysterium Iniquitatis and Through Entranced Submission (which I think was the original title of said Darkness and Death). I wonder if any rehearsal tape or else is wandering out there, it seems though that the band did not enter the studio to record any track.
Maleficient

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desolatio wrote:
Maleficient wrote:

This. Pentagrammaton was supposed to be more in the vein of part II of MTA with non-Satanic and right hand path oriented lyrics. As far as I've understood, of Mystery of Iniquity we are only left with the lyrics of Darkness and Death, which were granted to Watain, and then some lines featured in Davthvs 3. Some song titles from an old interview: Belialistic Madness Code, Be My Prophet, Luciferian Ofermod, Mysterium Iniquitatis and Through Entranced Submission (which I think was the original title of said Darkness and Death). I wonder if any rehearsal tape or else is wandering out there, it seems though that the band did not enter the studio to record any track.

Yeah, some of the material has definitely been scattered across several releases, both lyrics and music. Come to think of it, Nefandus also has a track called Samaelic Madness Code on their Death Holy Death album...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: