P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Maryland Death Fest, who's going? What to do in Baltimore?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deathevocation

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trivial story. I went to a pharmacy in Baltimore to buy some chocolate. The (fat) lady behind the counter offered to pay me 25 cents to go to Mcdonalds and buy her a sandwich. I thought she was joking but "she was so hungry". I then went to the Best Buy near the harbour with a bag containing the chocolate and the three (fat) ladies working at the counter started telling me how said chocolate was their favourite. Think they were hinting at me to offer some to them. Must be the way to create small talk in that city.
speedeathrash

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the only thing that looks really interesting and worth going to in Bodymore apart from the fest is the American Visionary Art Museum.

http://www.avam.org

I plan on checking it out. Looks interesting. Maybe I'll ask Jo Bench if she wants to accompany me. Har.
GROUND ZERO Entertainment

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to live just outside of DC on the Virginia side for several years so have been to DC / Baltimore tons of times...
As mentioned, Baltimore is pretty much a shit-hole, the area right around the Inner Harbor is kinda cool, but a bit touristy... some decent food & some science museums, IMAX, etc... Just watch for aggressive pan-handlers (a lot like New Orleans in that regard)

DC of course is cool for the museums, monuments, etc... but it's Memorial Day Weekend - Monday is a Federal Holiday in the US, and there will be 10 Million fucking people on the mall !!! That's the first huge Summer Vacation Tourist weekend!! So things will be painfully crowded with long lines to get into places...

If your looking for someplace cool, and you have a car, drive to ANNAPOLIS - MD, instead of DC.
It's one of the oldest cities in the US, it's on the water, it has ton's of cool little bars down in the Old Town area, and killer seafood places as well, I was there a few years back at a cool little restaurant / bar...
We were looking for a late Dinner at like 9:30 or 10 pm, so we went in & the guy was like: "It's a $10 cover."
& we said: "A cover for dinner? We not here for any music, we just want to eat!"
So he said: Fine, sit here in the front by the window, so we get in there, the food comes (You must get crab while in MD) and after awhile the band starts up, we look up above our heads & there's this huge mirror which is aligned perfectly opposite the stage, so it turns out we can see the band like watching them on a big screen TV...
It turns out it was Nils Lofgren (70s Rock Guitarist-Now in Bruce Springsteens Band) not metal obviously, but a really cool guitarist, who it turns out is from Annapolis, he played til 1 am, we sat overlooking the water, drinking beers, and listening, was a cool evening...
www.red-sky-design.com/GZEmailorder.htm
Good Trades: NWN! / H.H.R. / No Sign Of Life / LIE IN RUINS / BLOOD HARVEST / Asphyxiate / Prof. BLACK / Axa Valaha / Bloody Prod. / SONIC TEMPLE / Kuravilu / Death Dealer
HisEmissary

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heading down with Bill Mental Funeral tomorrow AM. Fucking stoked.
plague

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can understand what its like to come to a place you don't know, but really you're coming off here like a bunch of sheltered cry-asses. fuck dc, fuck annapolis, there's is plenty to see, eat, drink, and do here. a few alright places for food&drink within immediate walking distance aside from the venue itself but otherwise fells point is just south and mt vernon just north around the corner (not typically my first picks but the convenient location should provide everything you're after), plus easy access to 83 which cuts right through the center of the city and exits to multiple neighborhoods of interest... the more adventurous you get the more you'll find. if its seems like a place is unsafe / you shouldn't be there you probably shouldn't but that's just common sense. you can always ask around the heavy metal parking lot tailgate scene for tips from locals, and as previously mentioned drugs are also a viable option.
spectre

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayhem was terrible; Asphyx was excellent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: