P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

DHL Shipping Question
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mecha

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject: DHL Shipping Question Reply with quote

Anyone knows the difference between these two shipping options, any of the two faster for example?

1) DHL PARCEL INTERNATIONAL STANDARD
2) DHL GLOBALMAIL PACKET STANDARD
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asking that is like trying to determine the difference of flipper versus scalper.

The answer must be in a triangle somewhere.
Acid Orgy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: DHL Shipping Question Reply with quote

mecha wrote:
Anyone knows the difference between these two shipping options, any of the two faster for example?

I'm not completely sure but

1) should be handled 100% by DHL, is faster and more safe (also completely trackable), in fact is more expensive.

2) Slower, not trackable and the delivery is handled by your local postal service. The good thing is that is very cheap but I wouldn't make big orders with this option, just small ones (in fact I lost a 5$ "order" sent with it).

NWN PROD wrote:
Hipsters only buy the latest limited black metal stuff and stay clear of real stuff like Sodom and Nuclear Death.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also this...

"For the Post Office, a packet is generally smaller than a parcel though larger than a letter. Both a packet and a parcel might be informally called a package. ... Package would connotatively imply a box or similar container with item(s) inside, usually not envelope shaped, usually it refers to a box-shaped item."

Plus...

"Maximum dimensions: for a packet are a combined length, height and depth of 900mm. ... Items which qualify for the Packet rate of postage must weigh no more than 2kg. Items that are bigger or heavier than the maximum size and weight limits of a Packet will be classed as a Parcel."
mecha

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: DHL Shipping Question Reply with quote

Acid Orgy wrote:
mecha wrote:

1) should be handled 100% by DHL, is faster and more safe (also completely trackable), in fact is more expensive.

2) Slower, not trackable and the delivery is handled by your local postal service. The good thing is that is very cheap but I wouldn't make big orders with this option, just small ones (in fact I lost a 5$ "order" sent with it).

Thanks, I needed to choose between the two on checkout at the nwnshop and number 2) is a bit more expensive (by cents), so finally opted for two with the thinking as its higher in price then it may be faster.

Last edited by mecha on Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Too Dark Park

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: DHL Shipping Question Reply with quote

Acid Orgy wrote:
mecha wrote:

Thanks for the info Cool
Acid Orgy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: DHL Shipping Question Reply with quote

mecha wrote:
number 2) is a bit more expensive (by cents)

Really? Last checkout I did I remember 1 being more expensive and not by cents, but maybe I'm mixing up the two. Sorry for the wrong info if so.

EDIT: maybe is different for each Country.

NWN PROD wrote:
Hipsters only buy the latest limited black metal stuff and stay clear of real stuff like Sodom and Nuclear Death.
mecha

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: DHL Shipping Question Reply with quote

Acid Orgy wrote:
mecha wrote:
number 2) is a bit more expensive (by cents)

Really? Last checkout I did I remember 1 being more expensive and not by cents, but maybe I'm mixing up the two. Sorry for the wrong info if so.

EDIT: maybe is different for each Country.

now that you said it, I tried checking out with lesser valued order, its now the other way around, 1) is way more expensive than 2)! Strange.

You said that you lost an order with 2)? fuck now I'm worried, the one I made with 2) was a big one and cant afford to lose on it.
Acid Orgy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: DHL Shipping Question Reply with quote

mecha wrote:
You said that you lost an order with 2)? fuck now I'm worried, the one I made with 2) was a big one and cant afford to lose on it.

I was probably the only one having issues according to this forum and keep in mind it was during the christmass period, so I'm sure the local postal service lost it in that gigantic mess.
Anyway, I never make big orders that are not trackable and that don't need my signature at delivery, DHL or not. Just small ones.

NWN PROD wrote:
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the last few DHL I have had coming to me here in the USA have not updated on the DHL websites once they left Germany/etc *until* they were literally in my hands. The "US" tracking # supplied on the DHL site though updated as well as USPS ever does (which is to say, mediocre). But it's a bit concerning that it literally doesnt' even register hitting USA customs with DHL nowadays? Maybe just a system glitch.

---
Deals/trades with : Al Infierno,amon-goethe, bearsbearsbears, cwprod, dethronewilliam, Hidden38, hume, hymnsoftheneedlefreak, jerry666, lordpazuzu, , mrgoatimus, nok, snakenuts, wirelessdarkness, xyosefx .
mecha

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: DHL Shipping Question Reply with quote

Acid Orgy wrote:
mecha wrote:

I was probably the only one having issues according to this forum and keep in mind it was during the christmass period, so I'm sure the local postal service lost it in that gigantic mess.
Anyway, I never make big orders that are not trackable and that don't need my signature at delivery, DHL or not. Just small ones.

Didnt know that 2) was non trackable and lesser quality service as there was no info on difference between the two at check out, I had gone on and used 2) looking that its more expensive...thinking that higher price = better service
Too Dark Park

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So option 1 is best?
Tyranor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not completely related to the topic but decided to ask here anyway.

Did anyone have any issues with DHL?

The reason I'm asking is that in the middle of March placed my order at New Era Production. Parcel was shipped very fast and tracking number was provided, no issues here. However, the last info I got that parcel left Germany on 22 of March. Since then no updates on the status of the parcel even though I check every 2nd day.

Really strange that there are no updates on the status whatsoever. Did anyone have similar experience?
DTBRex

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyranor wrote:
It's not completely related to the topic but decided to ask here anyway.

Did anyone have any issues with DHL?

The reason I'm asking is that in the middle of March placed my order at New Era Production. Parcel was shipped very fast and tracking number was provided, no issues here. However, the last info I got that parcel left Germany on 22 of March. Since then no updates on the status of the parcel even though I check every 2nd day.

Really strange that there are no updates on the status whatsoever. Did anyone have similar experience?

It will show up at your end sooner or later. Oversea shipping takes time.
Tyranor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:

It will show up at your end sooner or later. Oversea shipping takes time.

Yeah, I was just curious why is there no updates on the status of the parcel, I thought that's the point of tracking number Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: